1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Silen Flux

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Egami, 9 Sep 2013.

1. Egami

Egami Why is the dremel on fire?

32D printer! I'll take one of those! :hehe: Spare parts have been ordered but it'll take a week or two for them to show and then there's the question if anyone can be arsed to actually do the handiwork... Seeing a friend over lunch next week and will see if I could bribe him into printing the enclosures for me.

Tell me about it... The result was like super fluffy waffle but without any of the sugary goodness. Very wobbly and completely unfit for, well, anything. In fact I think even a rise cake might be more robust than that thing. :blah:

2. twister7800gtx

twister7800gtx Minimodder

egami great works! i follow the next upgrade!:clap:

3. Parmas

Parmas What's a Dremel?

Hello Egami!!! Very nice work!!! :D I have a a couple of ideas of how to hide the cables of the Graphic Cards and a part of the piping... If you have the time contact me to tell you my ideas...
    I can't draw something to show here and look good...

(skype: chrisparma)

Last edited: 29 Jan 2014
  4. Egami

Thanks Twister!

PM sent.

A little status update for the build

Essentially the fittings I’ve decided (can’t say forced since it’s not like there’s someone holding a gun to my head regarding my insane between the GPUs plumbing idea) to roll with have proven more than just slightly "challenging" to procure and the current delivery date stands at the end of February. The main problem has been that the C68’s which are instrumental for me pulling this thing off, are practically unknown in the EU area and I’ve had to do some serious stone turning to find someone willing to stock them. I even sent a quote request to Bitspower directly but so far they’re yet to respond.
    I know it feels like the mod is taking forever (it is) but... on the other hand I always knew that it might. So many things have changed since the beginning and what was supposed to be a humble budget build has over the autumn grown into something I could have only ever imagined in my wildest dreams. And if the portents are right, there might be even more stuff to come.
    So bear with me ladies and gents; it may be slow but I just want this one to be perfect. :dremel:

Last edited: 30 Jan 2014
  5. Parmas

Parmas What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately my friend I'm a new member and I can't read or write PM. That's why I gave you my skype name (chrisparma) my mail is the same with @hotmail.com if you don't use skype

Cheers!! :)

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Know the feeling, because Bitspower has such a huge range, few places seem to stock many of their less conventional fittings. Must say I'd never seen the C67 ones before, they look really interesting. Had a poke around but couldn't seem to locate any either.

7. Egami

Do you mean C67 or C68 now? I'm a tad confused since Bp carries both. :lol: But yeah, they sure have a huge selection! I received confirmation from Highflow literally just the other night saying that they've agreed to stock the C68 with the above mentioned late Feb arrival date. That makes me think it's final amount calculations and order drop in time. :thumb:

8. Egami

Wakey wakey log and all who dwell therein! It’s time for an update because the portents have turned into omens and omens have been baked into omelettes - and what I’m trying to say is...

Oh wow!

A big shagga-lagga-type-of-pure-oh-wow!

[​IMG]

I am proud to announce that SLJ has agreed to sponsor Silen Flux in pursuit of the ultimate geometry and orderly perfection!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes ladies and lovers, it is a 3D printer. And she is not only the dream of every quality obsessed nut out there but a true beauty as well!

Oskari @ SLJ, you’re the man, pure and simple. There is no way I can thank you enough for making this possible!

Stay tuned for the soon-to-commence printing frenzy... :dremel:

9. Egami

But what be this? A little package from EVGA?

[​IMG]

Peeking inside.

[​IMG]

Now that is one a beautiful SLI bridge!

[​IMG]

Trying it on. Perfect! :hip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big thanks to Jacob and Dominik at EVGA for providing the perfect finishing touch for the build! You guys rock! :rock:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Feb 2014
  10. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Love the new printer and may the parts flow freely from it. :)

Very classy bridge. :thumb:

11. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

I keep missing nice builds, great work so far! Love the tidyness of the build so far!

12. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Love the new stuff :) the 3d printer is fantastic, where do we send our 3d drawings?! :p The bridge looks the part too!

13. Theophilus_Field

Theophilus_Field If all else fails... use the surfacing tools

Superb!

May the printer head temperature be ever in your favor...

14. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Beautiful build. Everything looks so pristine and perfect. Gratz on the 3D printer too, will be looking forward to seeing what you produce on it.

15. Egami

Thanks Craig! Got the card reader today so will start calibrating it... pretty much now :D

Thanks Ace! Means a lot coming from you! :dremel:

Thanks Meelobee! You know where the PM button is :D

Haha thanks Theo! It's a sure sign of Friday when the thought of getting bad head from the printers sends one's mind straight to the gutter...

Jackets, covers, bit and bobs! Everything! *gestures manically*
    Ahem. On a more serious note, I'm actually very interested in the PLA's infrastructural qualities vs alu and acrylic. The thought of very lightweight but still durable support (and visual) structures coupled with no milling waste but yet cnc like quality and precision... I see a lot of experimenting and exploration ahead. :dremel: :thumb:

16. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Great stuff Egami.

17. Egami

Thanks hero1! Glad you like it, even if the project seems to have become like a forever stretching rubber band.

The card reader I bought is still doing its RMA round - you heard me; I RMA’d a few dollars piece of kit. Teaches you to buy from them interweb shopsies with no local storefronts - so the printer has remained quiet. That sadly means we’re going to be limited to another hardonware update. It’s all much needed stuff though, and in fact there’s more still to come. [echo]...backorder backorder backorder…[/echo]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The contents spilled out out out!

[​IMG]

Time to suit up the pump.

[​IMG]

Cool stuff for a hot guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bitspower Candyland.

[​IMG]

Slowly comes it... Thanks for bearing with me guys!

18. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Still can't believe that you got my former employer to sponsor you :hehe:

Any progress with the 3D printer?

Darkened

19. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Wait. What is the bit of gunk in the heatsink?

20. Egami

Printer is great. Card reader needed to communicate with the printer arrived dead and needed to be sent back for a new one. Result? 0 printed items so far. :wallbash:
    But dead or alive, I will get there!

?

!

Hopefully something that transfers heat? :eeek: