1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Wildstar MMO

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by clartymarty, 24 Jan 2014.

1. clartymarty

clartymarty What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I tried the search thread and nothing came up not sure if I used it correctly or not. I was wondering if anyone has their eye on this after the disappointment of Elder of Scrolls online Stress test.

Also just to add I am looking for a beta invite if anyone has one they are not using or have a friend invite?

:read:

2. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

I had keys but I've given them away to friends already I'm afraid (if I get another I'll bring it here).

Having played during the Stress Test early last year, I had turned my back on it completely.
    It was a technicolour WoW clone with horrible, boring combat.
    The Winter beta however has really tightened up the combat nicely.

Sadly it still just plays like any other MMO to me and SWTOR has ruined traditional quest gathering for me forever :)

They still have plenty of time though :)

Side-note - Stress test are not for your enjoyment ;)

3. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

This game looks good :). I have been looking forward to it for a very long time. My friend also. It seems to go back the oldschool design of 40 man raiding and difficulty. Plus it looks fun :).

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

The thing I like about Wildstar is that they cater to the raiders and have large raids again.

I couldn't care less about the graphics, aslong as the gameplay is somewhat acceptable. Questing is allways a big PITA and I allways rush trough it as fast as I can to get too max level and start raiding.

It'll be good for some 3-4 month until the content is cleared and the two or three toons are maxed out.

5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I have two friend-keys available.

Send me a PM, if you're interested :)

6. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Wouldn't mind one!

7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Keys are gone.

Last edited: 3 Feb 2014
  8. clartymarty

crap! lol just missed out :( the more i look at this game the more I want to play it :(

9. clartymarty

As a stress test it was the smoothest I have ever played, I didn’t come across many problems. The biggest one was having to re-load the UI when using the crafting station but no DC's or anything like that. I just didn’t enjoy the game as much as I thought I was going too

10. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Did you apply for beta? As far as I know they let anyone who applied in by now.

11. clartymarty

hmmm yeah I have for a while now

12. clartymarty

I have heard that they are getting rid of people who are in the beta who do not have a level 32 so that they can start to concentrate on the end game content. Not sure how this is going to affect new beta invites if they are still doing them. I am sooo gutted if they stop the invites 

13. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I doubt they'll do that I still have my account but don't have anything over level 15. They should be putting premade characters to test higher level stuff.

Does anyone know if codes are bound to email? My other email for an invite but I got a friend code.

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Not true.

What youve heard is, that the chars are currently limited to a max-level of 32. LvL50 will become available in the next week or so.

15. clartymarty

I dont think so but if you are willing to give me the code I would love to try it out for you?

Not sure how to send a PM on here with me being new to the forums

16. clartymarty

Well let me know if ya wanna send me one I've updated my profile with my email nd skype address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

So after testing three different chars (Esper, Stalker, Medic) up too LvL 10 I can definately say that this game isn't worth buying for me as the combat is pretty boring. You basically spam two abilities (builder + consumer) while avoiding the telegraphs. Also I don't like the freeform-targeting and would've prefered tab-targeting like in WoW, etc.

But that's down to personal preference. I like the slower more indepth combat instead of the twitchy action style.

Additionally, the whole healing-system is a mess imho, especially without tab-targeting. And after discussing with highlevel-players on Teamspeak, who have had their fair share of experiences with the Esper/Spellsinger/Medic healing groups in dungeons/raids my worries about the healing-system got confirmed.

18. clartymarty

I can see where you are coming from and I like the idea of the healing making it more of a challenge but I can see it being a pain of you don't have the communication with the group

I would like to try before you buy but for me the way it's looking (without playing it) it shall keep me away from WoW

But everyone wants a beta invite. I can't do much more really. I do have a spare ESO beta key I won't be using

I am guttered that I missed out on the keys that where given away earlier :wallbash: :duh: :geek:

Last edited: 7 Feb 2014
  19. clartymarty

Really annoyed that others got the key with no input to the thread nd I clearly stated that I was after one :'(

20. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I'll give you one of my spare keys when I get home.