1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Stick of truth

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AlienwareAndy, 4 Feb 2014.

1. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

So my lady has pre ordered this for me. I'll probably really regret it, given it's been done by Obsidian but I can't help myself. It just looks way too funny.

Any one else pre ordering?

2. Si_the-dude

Si_the-dude Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

Already have Andy. I totally agree that it's likely to be a stinker but I couldn't resist. I've been waiting for this one for ages!!

3. AlienwareAndy

Ever since I saw the Nagasaki ! trailer (and proceeded to urinate myself with laughter and then wear a hole in my browser playing it over and over again) I've been smitten. I just pray that it's not dogged at launch like Obsidian's other titles (all of them, basically)

Awwwww ! :D

4. Si_the-dude

Hahaaa. Not long now!! Did you see the interview with Matt and Trey about the development?

I did have a fair few issues with Fallout NV at launch that's for sure. Fingers crossed that they don't mess it up!!!

5. AlienwareAndy

I saw that yeah. They've been massively involved in it, so hopefully have gone some ways to making sure it's a half decent romp.

FONV worked fine for me at launch. I was having an absolute riot. Then they released a forced update and broke it, just like BF4 FFS. It was weeks before I could play it again.

Still, they paid for that by losing their bonus from Bethesda.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I will be disappointed if the TV show doesn't take the piss out of all the people who happily payed the release day price for this game.

7. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Over £30 for a PC title? NOPE.

8. AlienwareAndy

9. benji2412

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Well, as its on Steam and almost all games activate on steam, that was a bit of a silly comment then wasn't it now.

11. benji2412

It's £40 on steam and there is no guarantee that a key from optical media will activate on steam.

12. benji2412

According to the communications editor at Ubisoft, in a blog in the depths of the internet the retail copy should have a steam key.

Which, if true, means that £27 is not a bad price at all Andy.

13. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

It's a steamworks title, a key from anywhere will work.

14. AlienwareAndy

I always buy my games from Amazon. Always. They are always cheaper than buying from Steam or Origin.

The last couple have come with a single DVD which seems to install up to around 7gb then Steam takes over. Very strange !

I paid £26 for BF4. Soon after it shot up to £40 (I think EA had a go at Amazon for selling it so cheaply tbh) but the same goes for older titles. I always buy from Amazon...

I got the Duke Nukem Forever balls of steel for £7. Well chuffed as I loved the game :D

15. benji2412

I bought BF4 from Tesco direct for £26, I did this so I could make sure I could install it. The SimCity download times on release was a joke. Steam tends to be ok as a rule. Honestly though my wife hates clutter in the house, and that includes a mass of unused DVDs+cases!

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

"I have a problem, yet i refuse to acknowledge the existence of a solution."

stop sucking and ****ing throw it away when you're done, christ must we think of everything for you?

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

After pre-ordering X Rebirth I'm done with taking that kind of risk. Saying that I'm keeping my eye on this one and waiting for the reviews; fingers crossed.

18. Si_the-dude

I was the same to be honest Andy, then I shifted to Steam, but then (and this is probably typical old-age paranoia) new Steam releases - and not just triple A titles - seemed to be launching at £40+. When did this happen!? So, now I'm back to Amazon!

So, back to Amazon now as because it's been pointed out, more often than not the DVD case arrives and you end up with a Steam title anyway. Madness.

19. AlienwareAndy

Yeah it's crazy tbh. I am absolutely dreading the day that game makers stop releasing actual physical copies because then we'll be at the mercy of their digital download prices :(

Not once have I ever found a game at launch cheaper for the download version. The only games I buy on Steam are in the sales and either heavily discounted or part of a Humblebundle.

If I want a game then I will most likely want it at launch (even pre review) so will pre order it.

I did make a mistake with NFS : Rivals, but considering all of my other little gambles have paid off it's not too bad :) I managed to bag a couple of games in the Origin sales (lmao that was a first, tight buggers EA are !!) that have sort of made up for it. I got Fifa 13 for £6 and my step daughter played it solid for the ten days she was here at Xmas (I preferred watching it than actually playing it myself).

20. SimonStern

SimonStern Registered Lurker

It's almost the same price on Steam as Amazon here in the states $59.99 on Steam, $59.96 on Amazon. It's ridicules.