1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech Formula 1 2014 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 24 Nov 2013.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

McNish is a fantastic commentator and analysis bod, he's wonderfully articulate about all kinds of racing, unlike a lot of drivers.

But that American chap (his name escapes me now) ruins a few different /DRIVE videos for me, which is a shame!

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm looking forward to seeing McNish on the team this year, because of the insight he will provide, but I still think we've lost something else fundamental with the departure of Gary Anderson.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Anderson is a great loss, because of his near-current knowledge into the design etc, but he never looked fully comfortable being on-screen.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The two American chaps on /DRIVE annoy me. The British guy is more down to earth yet articulate; his writing is superb, while the others are other OTT or not professional enough. I don't know how much of it is done for love versus career (they say they're not paid - I don't know the details behind /DRIVE) but it feels like very professional coverage missing articulate presenting experience. I know how hard presenting is and I certainly can't do any better.

5. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

The American who does the sit down AFTER/DRIVE is as articulate as a Russian squirral after 18 shots of home brew vodka. Awful, Awful presenter and I have no idea why he still exists.

The other American who covers the racing, also has one of the most grating voices I've ever heard and points out the obvious so often, I feel like I'm watching a Sesame Street episode for "R" on racing.

Both dilute a professionally produced youTube channel into a grin and bear it experience, meaning I now only watch the episodes headed up by Chris Harris.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I'm a fan of /DRIVE but Leo Parente is just awful, his presenting style is laboured and his shoehorned jokes feel really awkward.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

At least I'm not the only one then!!

8. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I don't care, if the guy from /Drive in this interview is good or not, but I really liked what McNish had to say about the upcoming F1-season. I especially liked his comparisons to the LMS-cars, as that's spot on imho.

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Holy **** that american guy is annoying...

But McNish was pretty good... explained things well imo...

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Just a shame Sky didn't snap him up.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

**SLAP**

How very dare you!

Teelzebub likes this.
  12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The Bit-Tech Formula 1 2014 Thread - Pre-Season Testing

I'm glad there are people on the same page as me here. I was worried that I was seeing him in the wrong light for a long time because /DRIVE fans lavish him with praise in their comments on his videos, but I've never understood why.

Be careful where you throw the term 'professionally produced YouTube channel' around. As hard as they seem to try, DRIVE isn't it. Don't get me wrong, it's excellent 80, maybe 90% of the time, but professionals don't broadcast ropy audio and untidy camera work. Speaking of things that have been diluted; the word 'professional' does not mean what it once did.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2014
  13. RTT

RTT #parp

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Play another tune Jack, you've been on this record every year since you left. Why do people keep printing his 'news'.

"seemingly professional"

They need a better production editor. They seem to feel the need to publish everything they shoot, which only suits to fit the egos of those in front of the camera and not the audience.

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Banning tyre blankets next season you say? Next thing we'll be racing cars with no fuel tanks in them! What is this :confused:

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

They don't have them in World Endurance Championship, and most other forms of racing. AFAIAC, it's a good move - it'll introduce some more excitement on out laps with those drivers with the biggest coconuts coming out top.

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I predict that eventually F1 cars will be a balsa wood frame built around a carbon survival cell. The power will be supplied using an incredible mesh of elastic bands, which will all be perfectly aligned, balanced and twisted to provide near constant power.

The tyres will be made of cheese.

Bloody FIA hippies.

19. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I like the sound of stopping tyre blankets. Will make pit stop strategies more interesting and staying out and pushing the limit as long as possible as you could lose a bit of time on the outlap

20. Tim S

Tim S OG

Yep, exactly.