1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 Feb 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. rollo

rollo Modder

So this would be the fastest performing card that does not require a power connector of some discription?

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

As far as I know, yes.

4. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

Other brands will implement the 6 pin for overclocked versions. The cooler looks like trash in my opinion roll on aftermarket solutions...

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Which will add another £10-15 to the price, in which case you may as well get a R9 270...(unless you only have the option of a card that doesn't need a power connector of course)

6. Dedlite

Dedlite What's a Dremel?

Can I ask, given your table on the first page, where does the 660 Ti (that I have) fit in?

7. penryn 2 hertz

They will be always expensive on release then drop about £20 a few weeks later... Aftermarket brands will be the same price as the stock card on release...

8. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Sure. The GTX 660 Ti is no longer considered part of the current generation of cards, so it's not in production. However, it technically fits in above the GTX 660, and performs just below the level of the GTX 760, which is a current card :)

9. penryn 2 hertz

Strange place to put power connector...

[​IMG]

10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

This card seems to yield much better results under linux, at least compared to other cards (including nvidia brand). I'm not sure if the same tests perform better in linux compared to windows, but lately that seems to be the case.

Also a seriously overkill heatsink.

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I expect it was the smallest one they had :p

12. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Good to see a capable card with NO power connector. Hope we'll see some REAL single slot version.

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Wow. Evga Cheesecake has core clock of 1189, boosting to 1268. Ridiculous! This all bodes very well for higher end cards. AMD best have some very big improvements over their current architecture, but i have a feeling everyone in their HQ just gulped very, very hard.

14. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I could very well be interested in this card.

I love the efficiency of it!

15. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Holy **** hadn't realized how far the latest cards have become since my GTX480. Bested by low-end budget card! Nice of you to have it (480) included in the graphs.

Time for an upgrade methinks, atleast when the higher end cards hit the shelves.

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I know what you mean, it is a little irritating. I own 2 overclocked HD5750s and they're not going to be able to keep up much longer. Together, they can play just about any last-gen game at full detail (without AA) at 1080p but I don't even think slapping a 3rd card in there will make my current system keep up with newer games. I think it's a little too early for me to decide to upgrade though - right now the 750Ti has the best performance-per-watt of any GPU and by a large margin. I want to see it's PPW ratio on more high-end cards.

But I feel things have been a little too calm in the GPU world lately. Regardless of the bias people have for each company, AMD and nvidia are pretty head to head in performance, depending on what tests you're looking at. We haven't had a big change in a long time. GPUs aren't getting much faster or more efficient lately - the changes feel very incremental. I feel like something big has to happen soon.

17. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Wow, those are some pretty sweet numbers from such a low wattage card, plumped for a 650ti for a recent build for a friend. He was interested in playing Nvidia optimised titles and it was the only card in his price bracket. This card will be ideal for future friends and family budget builds : )

18. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

/this

I'd really like to see a single-slot GTX750, preferably in low-profile ;)

Totally kills the AMD R7-250, which I was considering for my next mITX-system and isn't that much more expensive either.

19. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Can I also ask if you have an ASUS GTX 750 Ti DirectCUII coming any time soon for review?

20. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Hmm. Well I must say the 750 looks very impressive however I do have my reservations. I used to own a pair of 480s and when clocked pretty high they could nip at the heels of a stock 7970 (one not both !). I know things have moved on and I know that these new cards are pretty sweet but unless you're in it for the power savings I think the 480 would still be the better card.

I must say though the power use is pretty amazing. Shame Nvidia have put such a horrid looking cooler on it.

Tags: Add Tags