1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

How to Survive which apart from the the fact that a boomerang was the best weapon to use rather than machine-gun,shotgun or pistol this was a nice little find on Steam.

Alien Rage - Unlimited. A terrible game in every way.

Thoyght i would play Half Life 2 again after quite a few years. Still a cracking game.

2. 8bit person

8bit person What's a Dremel?

Thomas Was Alone: Bought it ages ago and finally got around to playing it. Simple puzzles but great music and narration, a decent way for passing the time.

3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Thief 4. Absolutely loved it. only minor issues with AI. definitely going to play it again soon, next time making it as hard as possible.

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I bought this on the basis of the reviews and then totally procrastinated playing it on the basis of the screenshots. I just can't imagine it will be good, despite every authority saying that it is.

5. freeclout

freeclout What's a Dremel?

Finished Dark souls last night. What a game! Well worth the price of a controller (the game was only 3.99). Took 80hrs to complete, and have already started another character. Got to the gargoyles in 49min second time round. Think it took about 20hrs to get there first time! Really looking forward to the next one now. Please don't mess it up......

6. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Finished The Last of Us - Left Behind DLC last night and snagged all the trophies so I'm back at 100% unless naughty dog throws some in with the final online DLC that's coming out. Hopefully they don't add any more to the game because while I loved it and have beaten the game 10+ times so far, I'm going to need time off once Dark Souls 2 hits next week. That game will probably become my everything. . .

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

One of my favorite games! Lost count of how many times I've beaten it between PS3 and PC. It's amazing how much stuff you're certain to have missed on your first playthough.

8. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Last game I completed was COD : Ghosts and I really enjoyed it.

Since then nothing has really caught my imagination so I've been playing with hardware rather than gaming. South Park will change that (should land on the door mat today :) ) I've heard it lasts anywhere between 16 and 20 hours which means 30 hours for me (I suck at RPG lol).

Other than that I've just not been gaming much (well apart from my Simpsons Tapped Out).

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Dead Space 3 - by far the weakest of the series. While the gameplay was interesting and some levels were really good, the story was poor and relatively predictable. It's also missing the flashbacks / visions / psychotic aspect of the previous games. The new weapon system takes some getting used to but seemed to work.

TL;DR - The first two are top notch, the third one is poor.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I agree; I loved the first two but the 3rd was meh.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You need to play as Carver in co-op to see those...

The weapon system was cool but before long you had something that was the portable equivalent of Armageddon.

I enjoyed the game but the ending was a bit silly. I think bringing the aliens into it was a mistake. The first half of the game (i.e. when you are in space) and the trip down to the planet are still very good though!

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Damn, gutted I didn't buy this on Steam Sale last week now. I was umming and arring, but I already have other games to play. I guess it won't go anywhere.

Last game I didn't 'finish' was Banished - Got bored tbh. There's no end game. It's just a frustration-repetition simulator. Hopefully the mod packs will add more depth.

Last game I 'finished' was Broken Sword 5 - part 1.

Entertaining if you're a BS fan, but the puzzles flip between banal and Discworld logic. Also the actual gameplay engine isn't terribly smooth so you're waiting several seconds for conversations to happen, which is pretty boring. Annoyed they did it in two parts - should have waited for 2nd to be released.

Next on the agenda: Resi 4 HD re-re-release (the problem is the long periods between available saves and very little game-play time these days) or Thief 4 is I can blag a code from work :eek: I've got my GSync kit arriving from the US any day now so when I get that running it's Thief all the way :rock:

13. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Ahhh right, i wondered what Carver was banging on about at the end!!!

I constructed my first weapon then carried it all the way to the end, changing out upgrades here and there. Ended up with a mega ammo shortage at the end aswell which made things interesting.

Yeah I agree the ending and the aliens were a bit silly. Considering how much I enjoyed the finale in the second game as well.

Also
    if the aliens were trying to stop convergence, markers and necromorphs by freezing the planet, etc why were they intent on smashing up Isaac aswell?

Last edited: 10 Mar 2014
  14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Metal Gear Rising

Cant remember a game that encouraged perfection, every fight is like a puzzle, a sword sudoku encouraging tactics, technique and target priorities. Then when you think you've gotten it down to a T they shake up the puzzles and it becomes a completely new game. ****ing brilliant stuff.

I've still a lot to learn before I can take on the DL-Story add ons, got my arse panned when I first tried it, If you want a game that separates the core from the casual then this is it.

[​IMG]

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Because
    the aliens you're fighting are necromorphs
    . Or at least I think they are.

16. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Ahhhh now you mention it -
    they were spewing out those exploding babies
    - Don't know why that didn't click at the time! Cheers.

17. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I pretty much agree with everything you guys said about Dead Space 3. I got the PS3 and PC versions and while I LOVED the first two games so f'ing much I just can't seem to get myself to play the newest one all that much. I beat it the first time on PS3 and after one playthrough solo I put it down for a few months. Picked it up again but never finished it a second time. I snagged it on a Origin sale recently for PC thinking maybe some nicer graphics and keyboard + mouse controls would make the game more enjoyable but it honestly didn't look all that much more impressive on the PC. Unless there's some mods out there or ways to configure the graphics beyond the normal settings, it just looks a tad bit sharper than the PS3 in some areas but in others it looks nearly identical.

I thought the weapon crafting was pretty okay, it worked but I do miss the simple nature of managing the power nodes and feeding them to doors and weapons. Sure the new system means that the bench and the "store" are now one unit and items can be crafted with found materials giving the game a slightly more engineer feel to it but I still find myself missing those power nodes.

Like others have said before, I found the later sections of the game a bit rushed. Just when I thought we were going to learn more about the markers or the aliens who found them before the humans we don't, we get cut off and the DLC further screws up the ending IMO by shoving it in your face and saying what we did doesn't matter all that much. I hope that if there's ever another dead space game they really work hard on getting the story back on par with the first two. I don't think they should "reboot" the series just yet, it's not totally lost but 3 certainly was lack luster compared to 1 and 2. I still never got to play the co-op for it either.

Edit - I'm still waiting to find out what the deal was with Lexine from dead space extraction and the single player DLC from dead space 2. The lore outside the games is really interesting, dealing with those oracle people. They sorta just left us with that DLC and never touched on the topic again unless it happened in some material outside the games that I don't know about. That's one of the main things I'm interested in seeing besides a straight continuation of the series.

Last edited: 10 Mar 2014
  18. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

You should totally check out Bayonetta or if you go further back in time then Devil May Cry (the best one) and it's first two sequels. Never played 4 and heard really mixed things about it. The fighting system works in a similar way. You get ranked on how well you fight, time, damage taken, items used can effect your ranking as well and the combat constantly ramps up by mixing in older enemies and then giving them newer abilities and mixing the different enemy types into one fight the closer you get to the end of the game. Bayonetta was a fabulous game, the story was really out there but I actually really like her as a character. Once you get past her sex appeal there's quite a bit going on in her noggin that makes her stand out as someone who can hold their own against the forces of heaven. She's probably a deeper character than most action adventure heroes we get these days. Now if they would just make Bayonetta 2 for any other system BESIDES the WiiU so I could play it. When I heard that news, it broke my heart. I can always hope that it gets a decent port later on, post-WiiU release.

19. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Far Cry 2 - It's only taken me 6 years to face finishing this game!

I enjoyed the fire effects, healing effects and weapons for a couple of hours but after getting into a fire fight at every single checkpoint and having kamikaze fools ramming me with their cars I gave up. The story was drivel.

It was a pretty game, the idea of having weapons age / rust sounds good, the idea of having malaria and taking pills every so often was a ridiculous game choice "Here's a silly QTE when you dont want one". I've heard FC3 is good so i'm hoping after forcing myself to play FC1 and FC2, that it was all worth it for the glory of FC3 (Yes, i understand the stories are not related at all)

TL;DR - it was more of a chore than a pleasure, happy to have uninstalled it :clap:

20. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I finished off Sanctum 2 on steam finally. Got it during a steam sale for 75% off I believe it was. $2 for the game and $1.75 for the season pass was a steal. I liked the first game a lot and while they have changed quite a bit and added a character progression/leveling system it's quite casual and a great game to de-stress from work on. It's easy to load up a map and play for 15-25 minutes and then be done with it while still feeling like you've put some work into your character. The story is told through in-game comics instead of videos for the most part so that might turn some players off but it's actually kinda cute how it's done. Looking forward to a Sanctum 3 after coffee stain studios finishes up Goat Simulator. Pick this game up on a steam sale, gift a few copies to your friends and enjoy!!! This game is especially good if you don't want to play any sorta competitive multplayer and just want a nice co-op experience.