1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Titanfall

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Weekly_Estimate, 16 Nov 2013.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Once you've got the timing down the Smart Pistol is absurdly overpowered, instagibbing other pilots from cloaked is completely game breaking. Burning through entire groups of minions without even slowing down is a bit ridiculous too.

Having played the Beta, I'm not buying, it's well polished, but squarely aimed at the controller throwing Xbox crowd. As elitist as that sounds, I like aim and timing to factor in more than they do in Titanfall, self aiming hit scans are a real turn off.

2. slinger

slinger Minimodder

Im of the same opinion with Titanfall to you, I cancelled my pre-order yesterday. Its a good game, but there's just not enough to it. It feels like a modern day Quake 3 to me (which is no bad thing!), it just doesn't warrant £30+ spending on it.

3. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

TitanFall is a gunna be one of those Hit or Miss game, you'll love it or get bored of it quickly. right now we have a very bare bones Beta. Ill have to see the full version before i make choice.

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY, THAT IS THE QUESTION.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Remember EA's last major FPS release, the one just before Christmas last year?

Question answered.

5. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

I do, and im enjoying it still. Im lucky when it comes to games, i incure very few problems even with the most "alpha" of games. So i couldnt care less that EA is the one giving us Titanfall. If its a good game, ill buy it. If i dont like it, i wont buy it.

6. rma

rma Minimodder

Well I enjoyed the Titanfall beta way more than I have been enjoying BF4, so I've pre-ordered a key... can't wait for it to go live now!

7. StaticFX

StaticFX What's a Dremel?

i LOVED it.... more so than any FPS in a long time. Enough so that I am getting it for XB1 (my son hates FPS on PC) and for PC for myself (Xbox1 version was free with giftcards from a tv purchase @ bestbuy lol) .. oh and bestbuy rewards members get $10 voucher if you preorder... so I got paid $10 to buy it. That will go toward the PC version :)

Smart pistol is bad I agree, i hope they nerf it some, but I have more of a problem with the jump kick.. thats way OP :)

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Agree that the jump kick is OP. Don't have a problem with the smart pistol, as I've only been killed by it when I've stopped to shoot someone else. Otherwise when I'm moving it's fairly difficult to get a lock on.

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

The game just becomes instantly less fun as soon as Titans show up. Even piloting them is kinda lame.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I quite enjoyed it, played really well on my system, whilst Battefail 4 isn't at the moment.

Really thinking about picking this up.

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

FYI you do realise that this is a 48gig install for 2006 visuals, no single player and no cutscenes yeah?

13. rma

rma Minimodder

14. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Plus an extra 5% off if you like them on FB

That is a big download to be sure but I think it's overly harsh to say that it looks that bad - I mean it's not up to some of the most recent releases graphics-wise but I don't think anywhere they claimed that it would be...

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Confirmed by Vince Zampella on Twitter:

16. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

Well I think this might be the nearest thing to a new Quake :(

I See GIBS! Might give this a shot.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Good job I got myself a 2nd 240Gb SSD.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

19. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I laughed out loud the first time I got gibbed - saw it in one of the replays after I got hit as a pilot with a 40mm round - I wasn't even mad :lol:

Just preordered from cdkeys.com for £24.69 with their 5% off FB voucher :) Only 1 week to go!

20. StaticFX

StaticFX What's a Dremel?

1) no single player? good.. the only reason for single player is when the internet is down
    2) no cutscenes? THANK GOD... i skip every single one and have for years now. Waste of time
    3) 2006? lol ok.... maybe you need new glasses?:geek: