1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Parvum Systems Project Magnus - 19th April - i51 LAN

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 19 Sep 2013.

?

Which coolant for Magnus?

1. Clear : Clear

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Pastel White : Oil Black

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Translucent Red : Clear

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

haha oh dear I can only but imagine. quick switch to TOWIE! much more your kinda show.

Well between this and the Facebook message you sent me I can only imagine that's a good shitttt :D

lolol

Thanks mike! Will be sure to post another update mid week.

2. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

OMG! :jawdrop:

Let me sit down.....LOL, jumped out from the chair, thats just WOW!

3. blueonblack

blueonblack What's a Dremel?

Just tuning in to this now and I have to echo the others with a profound "wow"!

That's what I love about this hobby. There never seems to be an end to the ways people can amaze.

In answer to your questions, the rear panel is beautiful but I have to say I love the windows you made for the SSds even more. They don't even look like windows, they really integrate the hardware into the build perfectly.

And I'm watching Firefly. Again.

4. Egami

Egami Why is the dremel on fire?

The back panel looks nice. They layered look really makes it interesting and part of the build vs "just another back panel". I are an admirer of your SSD installation genius.

5. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Really love the use of the Icy Dock at the rear.

6. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

:clap::clap: Great to see such enthusiasm ! Thanks for that mate, was great to read such a repose over the weekend!

Ah thanks for tuning in! Please do subscribe you've not missed the best bit yet! Can't wait to fill.

Thanks for the kind words re: SSDs. We are super happy with the outcome.

Ah I've never seen firefly, ratings look high so maybe i'll give it a go!

Thanks for dropping in again Egami! Thanks for the kind words on the build. Appreciate it. Super excited to get the raid card running and post some benchmarks!

Thanks mate, as do I! It's great to be able to swap big drives in and out especially to remove any personal data when the rig is at shows :)

7. kingpraun

kingpraun What's a Dremel?

Any videos of the build?

8. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Had a bunch of footage from milling the custom res' and a few other things that I have managed to lose... well not lose but can't find yet. When I do I will edit something together.

We are planning a video like no other when the build is finished. I may film filling the loop but most effort will go into the final video, I'm personally a little bored of the same style loop fill videos so want to push the boat out on this project.

More on that soon.

P.S. We are almost ready to test fill Magnus!

9. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Ooooh......:hehe:

10. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

More Magnus

Sponsors/Support:
    [​IMG]

Going well all. Sorry updates have slowed a little, more tweaking stages at the moment.

First up was to finish the cable management, pop all these wires into the allocated holes:

[​IMG]

Next install some MORE SSDs! Had to modify this sides top section to allow for the fittings to actually fit. Just one of them things....

[​IMG]

Rear return tubes and all cables no complete:

[​IMG]

We actually then went ahead and filled the loop with clear coolant. Just to double check each loop and ensure the system is running with no problems. We did not test any of the hardware from sponsors on air first (silly I know). However fortunately no issues at hand. Bios no problem and everything detected. Got some F/W stuff to sort out with the raid card as having a few issues there so will spend the next week or so bleeding the nightmare loop and running some tests with the system.

Its by no means finished cosmetically as we have quite a few external panels to cut but the wiring and loop side of the build is finished. A few teaser shots before we spoil the grand coolant colour photos and any video etc:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We will see you all VERY soon with EYE CANDY!!!!

11. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Looking Sick cant wait to see it in the flesh :D

12. el2k

el2k Modder

You cant tell me there wasn't a million leaks? lol

13. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

So inspiring, I can't wait to finish my 4'x2'CNC router, I am halfway there. When you combine intelligence, hard work, dedication, and the right tools you get this kind of artwork. Perfection in my eyes. Great job, I can't wait for the final outcome.

14. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

6 weeks until LAN, this build is a true beastie, it must weight 4-5 stone.

J.

15. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Won't be long till you feast your eyes on the rig I'm sure! Need to get you down to work on your next project soon anyway!

Ahaha well actually it wasn't to bad, some problems with the raid card but not water related!

Thanks for the kind words. You'll love it, what CNC software are you using to draw/cut? Mach3? Again thanks, means a lot! We are working hard and have lots more to bring to the table!

Tick tock tick tock! It will be there... I promise haha. Going to get a full weight on the system soon.

16. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

No problem bro! Well I have Autocad 2014 and Sketchup 2013 Pro, and I plan to get Mach3 and maybe Vcarve or something. Im really anxious to get to that point. Im using the plans from CNC Router Parts PRO48x24. When I have my own house Ill build it up into a 48x96.

17. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

Its going to take you, me and shaun to carry magnus into the event, was heavy enough moving it across the workshop and that was with no liquid

18. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Autocad, we like your style. The first CNC system we used was home built using Mach3. It's extremely powerful and did us proud. Sounds nice, don't be anxious! Just do your first tool path a good 20-30mm away from the top of your material and you'll have no issues. Cheeky test drive!

Haha well maybe we could go grab 8pack and get a helping hand :D

19. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Hi all,

Just to keep you up to date. We are waiting on LSI at this stage. Had some firmware problems. Until we hear back from them the build is on hold.

We are flying to Germany for CeBit tonight to land back Thursday. If anyone wants to say hello we will be at the event Tuesday and Wednesday.

Updates soon we promise :D

20. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Parvum Systems Project Magnus - 1st March - Good progress!

And we are booting into windows! Some tests to do then ill get an update together. Thanks for being patient:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Mar 2014