1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Driver issue causing lockup, I think...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PeteA, 9 Mar 2014.

1. PeteA

PeteA What's a Dremel?

System -

Z68 Fatal1ty Pro Gen 3
    Intel 3.2GHz (Ivy Bridge)
    8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866Mhz
    Asus HD6770 x 2

History -

Got handed this as it was dead after being put together... Nice easy fix by dropping in a Celeron 2.4GHz CPU so I could update the bios to 2.10 so it recognized the Ivy Bridge and loaded win7 as asked... And gave it back. :thumb:

Issue -

Seems to have a driver conflict causing it to lock-up when using the onboard Ethernet, which I thought I'd found the problem... onboard sound drivers as it works fine when in safe mode with networking enabled. :idea:

Tried various combinations of drivers etc to try and fix it but it's beat me, anyone come across this and have the solution? :wallbash:

2. PeteA

PeteA What's a Dremel?

Disabled everything I could (onboard audio/vga/hdmi/1394/2nd LAN Socket) etc... Which left me with one working LAN socket and it's still locking up/freezing except in safe mode!?! :wallbash:

I just don't get it... what the hell am I missing... Any help/idea's appreciated!! :confused:

Something stupid more than likely, knowing me!?! :sigh:

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

With the change of hardware and lots of drivers installed becoming a bit of a mess mite be a good idea to do a fresh install? or at least test it with a USB bootable Linux to make sure its not the hardware.

4. PeteA

PeteA What's a Dremel?

Appreciate the reply and advice...

I through in the towel earlier today and wiped it clean and will start a fresh when I have a whole day to sit at it, will be checking everything as I go this time to see if I can pinpoint the cause if/when it happens. :thumb: