1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Strudul, 12 Mar 2014.

1. Strudul

Strudul ~

Linky

What are your theories / thoughts?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

What are yours?

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Heh, I did think that too!

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's very hard to say. With literally no useful evidence yet theorising is very difficult. Sadly for the folks on board I suspect they are no longer with us, but where they are is another question entirely.

If the plane broke up/exploded at or near cruising altitude then you'd expect wreckage to have fallen over a wide area, which in theory would make finding it easier. However if the plane just nosedived into the ocean and sank fairly quickly then the majority of the debris might have been be fairly well contained in the fuselage, with currents etc dispersing the rest far and wide in the past days.

I think it's amazing that this sort of thing can happen in 2014. Just makes you realise how little we have eyes on the vast expanses of ocean.

5. Strudul

Strudul ~

Honestly, I don't have a clue.

I reckon it isn't terrorists... or aliens...

Maybe everything just broke, but even that doesn't seem likely...

I just keep thinking of the Bermuda Triangle incidents.

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I'm surprised (provided there aren't) that there aren't satellites recording everything that goes on at pretty high resolution. I've no idea how many you'd need to cover the whole globe, but I'd still be surprised if, by now, that's not being done. Sure, you're looking at some pretty hefty data storage requirements, but if you just retain footage for a week, surely manageable (not on my salary, admittedly).

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

My theory:

Some sort of nut-job or terrorism. Took over the cockpit before any transmission could be made, then flew it into the ocean. They initially look in the wrong place giving it enough time for the stuff to sink. E-Asian oceans are filled with **** from fishermen of all continents so determining what is crap and what is small bits of wreckage not yet sank is not easy.

Either way they won't find it for a while. And I'm travelling to Malay in a months time.. :eeek:

8. Nexxo

Well, make yourself useful then, and find out!

9. Strudul

Strudul ~

What about the black box?

They should still have been able to find that unless it was disabled or something (which I don't think is easy / possible).

10. Nexxo

If they can't find a 300 tonne aircraft with a lenght of 74 metres and a wingspan of 61, what makes you think that they can find something the size of a big lunchbox?

11. Strudul

Strudul ~

Because the 'big lunchbox' sends out a signal that should allow you to locate it even if it is hidden.

12. Nexxo

There's two markers: an emergency locator transmitter (ELT), which ejects from the plane upon a crash and has a lifespan of 24 hours. That one has died by now.

The Black Box has a locator sonar (radio waves being pretty much useless under water) which lasts 30 days. There are multiple military and scientific sonar stations dotted around the world that can hear a shrimp break wind at the other end of the globe, but they have not picked up anything yet. It don't look good. That is not an unknown scenario; the black boxes of Air France flight 447, which disappeared in June 2009 over the South Atlantic, were not found until two years later.

13. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

My Mrs always tells me she has trouble finding mine. :D

14. RTT

RTT #parp

[​IMG]

Either way, it's in the sea somewhere :D

15. Nexxo

That's what happens when you do it with the lights off. :D

...Aaand thus a thread about a human tragedy descends into dirty jokes. We're so going to hell...

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Looks like 13 was the unlucky number for this thread :lol:

17. Risky

Risky Modder

The sort of Terrorist ground that gets off on this sort of thing (and are there are plenty who whould no doubt be happy with this) will generally claim responsibility, otherwise what would the point be.

Pilot have a mental breakdown of some type is an option. But since he seems to have been happy to invite people into the cabin before who knows what happened. An opportunist terrorist?

18. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

http://mh370lost.tumblr.com/?og=1

I was reading this theory earlier - I don't think it's necessarily what I agree with but it gives a fairly decent reasoning.

It perplexes me. I don't want to give it too much thought but I am eager to find out when it eventually surfaces (excuse the pun...not the plane).

Last edited: 12 Mar 2014
  19. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Let's consider ALL the possibilities. :D

'' 5. Alien Abduction

No set of conspiracy theories are complete without the possibility of extra-terrestrial involvement. Twitter users took little time to connect the plane’s disappearance with a possible alien abduction of the aircraft. Others have cited a secret “U.S. carrier strike” and an extravagant promotional stunt for the remake of the TV series, Lost.

“Alien abduction, Time Slip? Possible but unlikely,” a person commenting on an article for The Economist writes. “The area is well known for it's Alien Activity (and Drugs!!) Not necessarily impossible, hence the authorites (sic) are seriuosly looking into this theory. You have to consider all things, no matter how bizarre they may seem.”

20. rollo

rollo Modder

terrorism would be my guess, They either exploded it in the air which would not be entirely surprising. Or took control and smashed it into the sea.

It was days before they were at the correct zone and it could of fully sunk by then.

No mension of the blackbox you wonder if the plane was fitted with one who really can say.

Dout we will ever know the truth about this one though.