1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YOYOTech appoints eBuyer as an official reseller

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Meanmotion, 12 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Last edited: 18 Mar 2014
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have been buying from Ebuyer for a while now and their customer service is 100% better than Scan's. There is absolutely no comparison. I ordered a bulky part from Ebuyer last week and it cost £8 on delivery from England to NI. It arrived next day. That would have been about 5 working days with Scan. So, I'm happy about this announcement to say the very least.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2014
  4. mark@scan

mark@scan Product Manager

Please let us investigate this for you as there is no way a delivery with SCAN from England to NI with DPD should take 5 working days, up to 2 working days would normally be the maximum.

Do you have your invoice number so that I can get our customer services team to investigate?

Regards

5. Unicorn

Mark, I have numerous invoice numbers which ended up being up to and including 5 working day deliveries, but the ship has sailed. I along with other bit-tech members have complained incessantly in the past about delayed deliveries from Scan in your own sub forum here, and all we got was 'sorry' and excuses, so I decided that enough was enough and reluctantly took my business elsewhere. I'm sorry to say that Ebuyer put Scan to shame when it comes to Mainland -> NI delivery, including shipping costs.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2014
  6. mark@scan

mark@scan Product Manager

Fair enough,

I do not dispute there are occasions where a delivery is delayed but would suggest these are an exception rather than the norm.

Checking with our DPD account manager on average 96% of all orders shipped from SCAN are delivered on time the next working day from dispatch.

It is unfortunate that in your experience you seem to fall into the small percentage that have experienced a delay and we of course apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

7. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Sadly though it's not on just the deliveries it is also the failure of a stock system on your website and the fact that it doesn't tell us the order won't be coming till after its to late to contact anyone to do anything about it, that is the main reason I stopped using scan.

Also when I brought up the issue one of your CSR's he was just an ignorant fool about the entire situation, I used to spend at least a grand a month with you guys but it appeared you didn't want my money anymore.

But back on topic, it's great to see yoyotech branching out like this and also see some well spec'd computers coming out of large companies now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. Unicorn

It's disappointing, because I think Scan have a wider range of components and certainly have a more developed, better laid out website than Ebuyer, but I had a terrible run of stock and courier related delays last year which had a knock on effect of delaying the delivery and installation of new systems to my customers as well as extending repair and return times.

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I have used ebuyer before and never had any problems with them. This is good news even though yoyotech is about 45min drive for me.

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I've always had a good experience with Scan, and the free next day shipping is a bonus. :)

11. n1ck3h

n1ck3h What's a Dremel?

I met the key Scan staff at a gaming tournament they sponsored and played in several years ago, they where extremely rude and obnoxious.
    I would not recommend them ever! They apply the same attitude through support and customer service.

Regarding Scan delivery:
    • DPD has let me down several times which is not Scan's fault
    • Scan's site did not show correct stock levels when i last placed an order
    • After discovering stock issues they would not part ship my order as i urgently needed some parts, the order was over £1700

I love eBuyer! and have spent over £25,000 through them and they have always been consistent.

12. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I don't buy stuff from Scan anymore after the recent spate of them sending opened, damaged returns to other customers as if they were new off the shelf. I was one of the unlucky ones to suffer with this problem, as I know a few others were.

13. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Unfortunately both Scan and eBuyer have both let me down.

Scan - I have a bitter taste from my attempted purchase years ago, I ordered when they had stock, it went out of stock 4 days later they tried to offer me a lesser part for the same price (I only order cheap things from them now), they still have bad CS, several of my friends refuse t deal with them, paying extra from other sources is not a problem as inventory, delivery and CS are as important as the products themselves.
    eBuyer - They use Yodel, so enough said! Also I sent a faulty part back to them, they tried to refund less (was within a year) when I asked for it back they couldn't find it, when I ask if they had sent it back to the manufacturer they said no, when I spoke to the manufacturer to see if it had been sent back they offered a FULL refund (they tried to deceive me out of money and the item)

Though I have used YoYoTech a couple of times, they seemed OK, using eBuyer can only be a bad thing in my books, but its their choice.

14. sirdizel

sirdizel What's a Dremel?

I have made purchases from both websites and there hasn't been any problems so far. I guess I was lucky to receive my goods in time and in working condition.

N17 dizzi likes this.
  15. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Like you I only buy goods from Scan.co.uk & eBuyer.com that are relatively cheap goods or goods which have very low chances of going faulty immediately / very early after receiving the goods from the courier!..

For my experience both e-tailers provide brilliant sales and postal service of goods I buy from them but, when it comes to warranty repairs / replacements on goods going faulty which are still well within warranty, ( in my experience ) they both will try their up most best to scam you and giving excuses after excuses and will charge you fees for returns and / or refund you less administration fees, though I haven't had a bad / faulty goods from either of these e-tailers for a long long while!.. :p

However, the experience in regards to warranty & aftersales customer service is gonna be different from person to person!.. I think it could well be which ever staff member deals with you in the first place that I think also affects your circumstances!.. :p

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Ebuyer use Yodel...

I paid for next day delivery after waiting in all day because it can arrive anywhere between "7am and 9pm" I got nervous at about 6 pm and decided to phone yodel in which a rude young man told me i was impatient and they delivered tel 9pm (i thought okay i'll wait) 10 minutes later the delivery showed as being returned to the deport.

So i phoned up once again was told by a women the previous phone call never happened and there's nothing she can do the package would be sent out in the morning and she slammed the phone down on me...

Well... Not having that Phoned up once again and spoke to someone called Daniel he apologized for the delay and previous staff on the phone said the parcel would be sent out in the morning couldn't tell me why the driver hadn't tried to deliver it and that was basically that and couldn't tell me around what time it was arriving either.

In the night i logged into the website once again and a message had popped up saying "we tried to deliver your parcels but no one was home please select another day (that was 48 hours later) i selected the collect parcels from deport and decided i'd drive a 60 mile round trip just to get them.

In the morning we walked 2 miles to my car (i live in the town center and parking cost £13 a day so i park it the nearest i can) We fill up with petrol and away we go, we reach the deport to be told they could only find one parcel and seem to have lost the other. I explain about this whole customer experience and the 60 mile round trip and have them carry on searching a hour passes and they finally find the parcel... "We can't release the parcels to you because you don't have two forms of ID... I had my driving licence. In the meantime the manager is refusing to come out and explain whats going on. I refuse to leave and demand to speak to the manager in which the staff come back with both parcels and now just require my partners signature and her ID.

So if you purchase from Ebuyer and they use Yodel expect your damn parcels to go round like a yoyo, bad insulting service, lies and a load of crap on top.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2014
  17. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Yodel is terrible, probably the worst along with s*ittylink. Although it does vary area to area, and driver to driver. The guy that delivers most of my parcels has worked for nearly all the delivery firms and he confirmed yodel was the worst.

18. Xaine

Xaine Death... destroyer of brain cells

Bought the components to my first build from ebuyer 10 years ago, used city link then not yodel, my experience with them was good :)

19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Had bad experiences with Yodel myself from other retails but I think ebuyer use parcel force or DPD in NI, I can't remember which.

I can also attest to their brilliant customer service and delivery times such as ordering a monitor on 6th December at 11pm and it arriving by Noon the next day. I was absolutely astounded.
    I had Problems with an HP Laptop and with one ten min phone call was offered a full refund and like for like replacement. I spent over an hour on the phone to HP who constantly denied there was anything wrong with it and when they did accept it was broken refused to do anything about it as it was somehow clearly my fault they illegally installed a pirated copy of windows on it.

I've never had a problem with Scan apart from parts taking between 3-5 working days to arrive usually split across the week.

OverclockersUK however have many of the problems you describe above with stock being incorrect and quite rude on the phone.