1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to ASUS Support!

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by Concept73, 11 Mar 2014.

1. Concept73

Concept73 Wannabe modder.

Just wanted to say a big thanks!

I ordered a P8Z77-I DELUXE which did not come with a Rear io bracket, 3 emails to ASUS support and 2 weeks later i got one, thanks alot and hope this gets though to the right people!

Really chuffed, cheers :)

2. ASUS|Mr_Orange

ASUS|Mr_Orange What's a Dremel?

Glad to hear you've had a positive experience :)

3. Jay88018

Jay88018 What's a Dremel?

Wait until you have to RMA something with them......then have to pay to send the item away AND pay for it to be sent back to you......worst support iv ever had to deal with in 13 years of pc building :(

4. Jay88018

sorry, double post.......move along people :D

Last edited: 15 Apr 2014
  5. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I've heard very mixed things about Asus customer support, and sadly it's the latter.

A couple of mates of mine have bought hideously priced products (GTX 590 at launch and GTX 690 at launch) and ended up having to go through a middle man and pay £25 just to send it back to the Czech republic for warranty and it took months to come back.

As Asus now have a customer area of this forum I would like to point something out... Please set up a UK based RMA like Gigabyte and KFA2 have. You don't need it to be in an expensive part of the UK and you only need a reasonably sized office that you can hold some replacement stock in.

Any good parts manufacturer deal directly with their customers. What you as companies may not realise is that here in the UK our laws are pretty rubbish and when left to the mercy of a retailer it can cause a long term issue which then leaves a sour taste in our mouthes.

In the USA nearly all of the parts manufacturers have decent RMA services (EVGA, MSI and so on) who deal directly, and quickly, with their customers.

If you leave us to get ****ed around by some one who is nickel and diming at the best of times we will only remember it as being your fault for not looking after us when YOUR product fails.

Food for thought... But yes, in all seriousness if I were buying new GPUs or motherboards that were quite expensive I would go Gigabyte. Not because I really want to, but more because they have the best RMA out of any one.

6. Jay88018

My problem was the retailer had folded, so I was being sent back and forward. My motherboard now has another memory slot fail, ( 5 out of 8 failed now ), so iv sent a rma request in, I hope this time it will be quicker than the 8 weeks it took last time I rma'ed an Asus product..

7. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Thanks AlienwareAndy, I've been digging around, and thinking about what brand motherboard to buy, apart from the general model, the after sales support is important as we all know.
    Currently on the list is:
    ASUS K79 WS
    or
    Gigabyte something like the WS form Asus.