1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Tomb Raider, loved it. i got it last year in the steam sale with all the other TR games, mind you i got a lot of games on sale but not played most of em. Don't know what to start/replay next

2. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Completed Steamworld Dig yesterday on Vita, loved it, maybe a bit short for some (7 hours on completion) but I wouldn't want it any longer for fear of repetition.

Also finished South Park recently and enjoyed that immensely just contemplating on doing a second run as a different class.

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Incredibly disappointed. I don't see what the fuss is about with this game. The art is pretty but the speaking scenes are incredibly badly animated; the characters are dull and annoying and the battle system is boring and repetitive. Easy too.

4. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Just finished AC4 Black Flag, towards the end just couldn't be chewed doing 100% sync on all the missions. Map is also littered with things to do out at sea and in some of the towns, did do all the sea forts, they were pretty cool to do, especially the one on the left side with the whirlwind circling the fort, looked absolutely awesome and added extra tactics to the battle.

Great game must admit, Edward Kenway is a likable character in comparison to Connor from AC3. I do feel there is actually way to much to do on it, its probably going to take weeks if not months to do everything there.

Think tomorrow I will have an Amstrad CPC and Atari ST day, gives me a change to get bits done round the house when the Amstrad is loading from tape!

Need to finish off stuff I have started on Steam also, nearing the end of Torchlight 2 & Van Helsing, need to get some stuff uninstalled, only 100 Gb left out of a 1.5TB hard drive!

5. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Max Payne on Android, Id started it ages ago but reinstalled it yesterday. I've finished them all before on pc.

6. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

South park: The stick of truth.

Was quite a laugh :)

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Finally finished Knack (PS4) after much swearing yesterday evening. The random swings in difficultly means you basically play the same section over an over until either; 1) you have memorised the pattern with which the enemies attack or; b) you restore enough sun stone to be able to use your special attack. Repeat until section clear and move on.

Eurgh.

Some of the gameplay mechanics are so archaic that you wonder if this was a long lost PS1 game that has been given the "next gen" polish. Enter area, can't leave until ALL enemies are killed & repeat.

Funnily enough though the final boss was a doddle.

8. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Finished Ace Combat Assault Horizon on Friday. It wasn't bad, nothing overly special, very much like HAWX, circle left or right continuously, lock on and fire missiles, more like CoD in the air than a flight sim, loud and in your face! Helicopter controls on it I found horrendous and the bomber missions were literally just obliterate anything lit up on the ground. Still for a few quid it was worth it.

Decided to start NG+ on Dark Souls 2 after getting invaded all the time by people using the Mega Mule hack / cheat save file, was just getting tedious. So far cleared up to the Iron Keep which is tough as hell with an Alonne Captain Dark Spirit added in the entrance (2 dark spirit sickle weilders in Huntsmans Copse was pretty bad also). Thinking on going back to Earthen Keep and Co Op Mytha (Beheaded Medusa) boss, easy way of farming souls as she is one of the easiest bosses in the game, not forgetting Sunlight Medals for my covenant.

9. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Finished all the DLC from Borderlands 2 last night on my OP8 Mechromancer including the ones that didn't ship with the season pass, the headhunter DLCs. I believe there is still one more of those to come out before the new Borderlands game drops later this year. Overall I'd say it was enjoyable but I don't really think that I'd have played borderlands if my friends didn't. The story was pretty bare-bones and the bad guy doesn't really strike me as such a great enemy. He was actually so underwhelming that I'm a bit miffed they are picking the next game to be about him before the events of the second game and having to do missions for him against some lady who is supposed to make him look like a guy who did what he did for a reason, something which I think is a bit overused these days, bad guys thinking they are doing the right thing and everyone else just not understanding his plight. I would have rather just played Borderlands 3 and continue the story of the main cast and add some new characters and even, dare I say it, planet hoping to find all the new vaults that showed up at the end of the game, the main game, not the DLC. That would have been so much better me thinks.

Hopefully the gameplay in the next entry is balanced a bit better as well with the jump from TVHM to UVHM and then to the 8 OP levels isn't so vast. It's even more annoying when you're doing really well in UVHM and above but then suddenly come across a super buff enemy or boss that just shuts you down and makes you go back and try and farm better loot just to bypass this one tough enemy to get back to doing the regular missions and quests against "un-god-like" bad guys who actually die. I know the point of UVHM and the 8 OP levels is to make the game harder for players who are super good and have the best gear but there just doesn't seem to be enough good specs for the class I played that actually work well in those modes so I feel very limited in how I can play sometimes. The complete opposite from regular mode and TVHM. In a way I think the OP levels hurt BL2 more than helped it. Now being max level(non-OP) won't get you the best gear and players who can't solo UVHM, let alone the 8 OP levels are left behind while those that have either really epic gear or have a stacked lobby can blow through it with ease and get even better loot. I got a few of my friends to max level but by that time, getting them to do the OP levels and beating the game and DLC on UVHM+ was too much of a hassle it seems and after 250+ hours most of them have called it quits leaving me to finish off the story DLCs alone. I'd rather they changed how the enemies behave and maybe even the types of enemies you find in the harder modes MORE so than what they mostly did which was just buff the damage enemies do and how much HP they have while giving us very little in the way of new enemies or old enemies that have stronger/new abilities. It just felt like padding to a game that already is bursting with padding to begin with. I hate to sound kinda negative about a game I've sunk a good chunk of time into, at times I felt like quitting myself and just saying forget it but I guess it was the co-op with friends that kept me coming back, now that it's gone, there's really nothing left for me to enjoy in the game. There really isn't an end-game as far as I know, just more loot with higher stats. The DLCs do offer some form of closure to the story on more personal levels with some nice character beats popping up in the tiny tina DLC as well as quite a few in the headhunter DLCs, I'd like to see more of that. Character interaction and spoken story lines from YOUR character, not just the people surrounding you and the ones who give you missions. No one on this planet knows my name!!! I'm just "vault hunter. . . ." :( - It felt like the end of RAGE where you save the earth and kick the authority in the nuts but then go back to any of the towns or hubs only to find that people don't really know things are going to be okay, their still scared of the big bad authority which I had previously decimated and act like things won't get better. There's no real visual payoff for anything I've done to reach the end of the game. Just emptiness.

10. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Finished NG+ on Dark Souls 2, not bothering with a third play through though, will most likely just visit the places I omitted this time around like No Mans Wharf to get to the other side of the Bastille and open it up so its a clear run through from either end to Mac Duffs workshop (I know there's a bonfire next to it! ), may as well though and also do some Co Op on last few bosses.

Played through Judge Dredd : Dredd Vs Death start to finish again today, not a long campaign, only clocks in at around 4 hours with 11 missions in total. Still a decent game with good story in the Dredd universe. Play through it every so often and enjoy it each time, same goes for the original Mafia game thinking about it which is also awesome.

Thinking on starting a play through of Clive Barkers Undying next, haven't played it through in a few year now and it is REALLY good haunted house / ghost type story.

Mind you I do have around 40 retro titles on tape coming for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad and Atari ST hopefully tomorrow. Was hoping to get them for the long weekend but unfortunately Royal Mail failed to deliver on Thursday and then Saturday hence playing what I did.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Played 3 minutes. Got bored. Uninstalled. Same with Oblivion back in the days and probably other games.

I have changed a lot since those days though and I actually buy every game I play now

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Pointless replying to him, he got banned. ;)

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Although I completed the game and some of the DLC it began to get ridiculously difficult on single player which is the type of game I prefer. As I am a Billy no mates playing the later and harder levels proved far to difficult. So all overall I enjoyed the game hopefully the next will be a bit better balanced for us saddos. I never did finish everything which was a shame.

14. Darkwisdom

Splinter Cell: Conviction

I got it with Blacklist so I wanted to complete this first. It's pretty good and I had a lot of fun with it. Not a lot of replayability I must say though. And the fact it's on Uplay means that any achievements seem pretty worthless since I have no other games on it.

15. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Thank God, I've never hated someone on the internet so much!

On topic... Terraria. All bosses down, awesome armour and a palace fit for 25 kings!

16. Darkwisdom

He got banned? What did he do now?

I'm still playing terraria; I can't consider it completed because I keep going back to it time after time. Love that game :rock:

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Battlefield 4

Just finished the single player campaign. I really struggled to get through this as I think I have had this game since around launch. Had to start again when somehow all my saves vanished along with my collectables. But I got there but what a naff ending.

I appreciate that most of you guys play the multiplayer game and love it. But I am a single player man and this was rubbish. Be a while before I play this again.

18. Darkwisdom

I'm there with ya man. I can't get onboard with all of the multiplayer stuff. I'm sure it's amazing fun when you're in playing with people you know and can chat over mics and such but...I find single player games more fun; especially a good RPG.

19. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Spacemarine. Not a bad game at all, but I do like the whole Warhammer scene. The multiplayer is pretty good too.

20. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Called a mod some really nasty things... just check the sli thread, you'll see. Permaban, anyone?

Lets see... all three crysis games... on crysis two my cutscene audio was completely butchered...
    Arkham origins... An okay game,.I guess. Added lots of great visual eye candy, but the outdoor world scaling seemed... off. Oh, and I can no longer play it. Left mouse button goes undetected in game. Story was good, but combat was rubbish. Just didn't live up to the name. Still looking forward to Arkham Knight though, very much indeed.
    Metal Gear rising. Oh. My. Fracking. God. Best fight scenes I have ever experienced, hands down. Mind blowing, really. Probably the only closed world game that I nearly fell head over heels for.
    oh and loadout. Really nifty little game, multiplayer tps bada$$ery only. Just leveled out to 40, as high as you can go... and upgraded all weapon parts. About as close as you can get to "completing" a game with no story mode.