1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases What would you like to see from BitFenix?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stulid, 16 Jan 2014.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Jeeze, dude.

You realise we are being asked, because we are the exact demographic that BitFenix market to? Literally, from an advertising perspective we could not be a more closely targeted demographic.

2. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

No actually you're not who they market to. Bitfenix usually market to younger people. Hence all the bright colours.

And that's why they sell well. Then you've got Silverstone and Lian Li providing the more discerning market and then you have the ridiculous stuff costing hundreds.

Bitfenix have done well because they have made stuff that begs to be different, then had some great ideas like different front panels, LED strips, braided cables...

No offence, but this forum is hardly brimming with cheerful people who like to do mini mods on normal cases, is it? I've kind of proven that.

Go set up a poll at Linus' forums and I bet it would be completely and utterly different to the results shown here. In fact, Linus' forum is probably the busiest PC forum on the net right now.

3. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Basically look at the Hadron Air and fix it's issues, i.e no dust filters, no intake fan, poor sleaving on cables, non modular PSU, non modular HDD cage etc.

Keep it looking and feeling premium and job done. A tower type case that small is ideal for so many types of builds from all out gaming PCs to an HTPC sat by the telly.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yes, yes we are. There are literally dozens of bit techers who have bought Prodigys. I know you probably think we are a different bunch from those that hang at Linus tech tips and Tomshardware, but we, really, really aren't. Bit tech is a decent representation of a TINY TINY demographic of people.

5. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Sorry, but how and where have you proven any of these accusations. If anything you are the one who seems to have an argumentative attitude and a chip on your shoulder, maybe this is why you don't find people cheerful. Just saying.

Also, just by adding "no offence" does not make something non-offensive.

Last edited: 17 Jan 2014
  6. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Perhaps it has something to do with the way I was jumped on when I posted about a leaking cooler (just after I had joined) by a bunch of nasty, spiteful ******s. When I first joined, that was.

The same ones who tend to jump on people now?

You'll have to forgive me for calling a spade a spade. Sure, there are some great people around here but the attitude is generally quite elitist and at times, snobbish. That's no the first time I've said that either, I put forward my feelings over the build of the year.

You're quite correct too, I do have an attitude on this forum. One has to here, otherwise you'd just get torn to pieces.

7. Beasteh

Beasteh What's a Dremel?

Moving on...

I've got the Shinobi, great case for the price, but there's a couple of things I'd change:

The top should be able to take a dual 120 (or 140, even) watercooling radiator. At present, there's just not enough clearance to the motherboard to squeeze it in. I'm toying with the idea of modding the top panel to remove some of the wasted space and maybe get the motherboard clearance up to 50+mm, which would allow at least a slimline rad. But a midi case that supported radiators out of the box would be so much better.

Would also be awesome to fit more than 1 SSD in the drive bay adaptor. A full 5.25" bay for one little SSD seems wasteful!

8. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Hows this for thinking out of the box. If you nail this one you'll potentially bury the competition.

A case that is size-adjustable.

I.e, sliding panels allow me to choose if I want a case that can shrink down to an ITX system or a mATX system. Or mATX to ATX...and possible (though most unlikely, what about all three main form factors).

The problem with cases currently is they always a fixed size that conforms to the largest form factor motherboard it can contain. Give me something that allows me to have an ITX system and; at a later date; if I want to upgrade and need a larger case - i pull a few levels, slide a few things around and my case is now an mATX case.

Or, if your're in my position with an ATX case and want something smaller, you can do the opposite and downsize to an mATX or ITX case.

Boom. Empower your customers to customise the size of their case. Profit.

Epic engineering challenge though.

9. landspeeder95

landspeeder95 What's a Dremel?

Gaming mITX Server.
    Unraid is considering a full Linux Distro version (Steam games?)
    Or a vitualized mITX (windows game os + server os in VM)

Room for 9 3.5 drives (external), 2 2.5 internal, full sized GPU, and slim line optical in a package the same size as the Prodigy

MANY mITX boards now sport 6 Sata ports... so 6 HD plus GPU or 12 drives with SATA card.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Blu-ray. Couldn't do without one in a media PC here. Soz... But streaming sucks balls.

Pint sized servers though. There is an idea. I have a couple of its socket p boards with 12v DC in ready to go here. Could do with a tiny server case that supports 4hdds.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2014
  11. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I would like to see some form of partnership between BitFenix and a PSU manufacturer so we can have a combination of good PSU with the quality of Alchemy Cables already built into the PSU. Currently all the PSU cables I've ever worked with are garbage which is why I've always opted for the extensions on top. Some form of modular option like Corsair do would be aces!

12. Strudul

Strudul ~

Most of the stuff in this I agree with...

13. stulid

stulid What's a Dremel?

One word for you....Fury.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2013/06/06/bit-fenix-power-supply-alchemy-cables/1

:)

14. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

15. stulid

stulid What's a Dremel?

April'ish.

16. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

oh christ i forgot about that thread

to summarize for anyone who hasn't seen it:

1. andy bought a coolit closed loop cooler
    2. it starting making coffee grinder noises
    3. andy emailed coolit asking what to do, no reply
    4. andy continues to use the PC with the defective cooler installed
    5. after several weeks of use, the cooler leaked everywhere and took andy's PC with it
    6. andy blames coolit for the loss of his PC

how did taking them to court go btw? i didn't see an update

@bitfenix rep

any news on an update to the outlaw? or any other similar new inverted ATX cases

17. stulid

stulid What's a Dremel?

Sorry I dont have any up coming unannounced cases but the Outlaw is available from retailers.

18. stulid

stulid What's a Dremel?

An update to this.

The PSU is now avalible to pre-order form retailers such as OcUK.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/LP/bitfenix-fury-psu-range.php?campaign=social/facebook/bitfenixfury

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/power-supplies/fury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O_jHfmXWrg&feature=youtu.be

The OEM is FSP and based on the Aurum platform.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The PSU is semi modular with only the 24pin attached. All, the rest are individually sleeved just like our Alchemy cable extension range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sleeving goes all the way into the connectors for easy bending etc and cable management.

The only one that does have heatshrink is the molex.

[​IMG]

And finally the cable lengths,

[​IMG]

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Saw these on another forum and it would be good if they were offered in different colours to just Black but also higher powered ones as well.

They do look good though.

20. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

What a dickwad this guy was.