1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Watch Dogs season pass detailed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 Apr 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

yay, more day one DLC

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

correction, more cut content resold to ****tards on day one.

seriously this **** has to stop :/

4. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

ill pass

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

As long as the main game is meaty I don't mind too much & will get the season pass on a sale if it's worth getting, if loaded then why not get it when it comes, no point to buying a season pass on day 1 unless 50% regular price for the first week to motivate people to buy it, they'd sell more with less chance of alienating the fans & make bigger profits that way.

6. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

"Untouchables Pack exclusive to North America"...........WTF! This is the internet. I was really looking forward to this game but things like this make me really consider whether I want to support it at all. I'm definitely reconsidering getting this now, even though I wouldn't buy the DLC anyway on principle.

7. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

So much bitchin' over paid DLC. You do realise that game makers are trying to pull a profit right? What really upsets you? That the 'whole' game is actually £40 + £20? Would you rather it was £60? Would you rather they just charged you less and paid their developers less money? (They sure as hell won't pay their execs any less!)

Or does it upset you that they had the audacity to develop this extra content at mostly the same time as they developed the main game? You want them to wait, and then start on new content and have it arrive a year after release?

Or do you just hate DLC because... you know... DLC.

8. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I think it doesn't help that this is a Ubisoft announcement. Other publishers/games companies do exactly the same thing without anyone batting an eyelid. I think the crucial factor as to whether season passes (and DLC in general) are a good or bad thing is the content of the DLC themselves.

Borderlands 2 came with a season pass, that I and my friends snapped up as soon as it came out, because we knew from the original Borderlands that the DLC is fleshed out extra content that extends the original story in much the same fashion as the base game (more guns, more levels, much more laughter). The other end of the spectrum is BF4, I've been massively let down so far with the DLC in the season pass ('premium') for that.

Judge for yourselves whether you think it is worth getting the Season pass, just one or two of the DLC, just the base game, or none at all. If they keep churning out crap DLC and they see their sales of said shoddy product are low, then they'll either stop making DLC, or improve the quality of it.

My biggest gripe with games recently has been 'exclusive' DLC (looking at you Mass Effect), buy from one retailer to get one set of armour, or another retailer for a shiny gun or skin. If I want everything then I need to buy multiple copies of the game, or far easier (and more likely) find a pirated version with all the different exclusives included.

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

At least it had single player missions.

10. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

DLC is publishers/developers trying to rip off the COD model. It's not like the old add ons of old but sections of the main game ripped out and resold. Plus making content geographically restricted is retarded, and I use dns and vpns to circumvent most restrictions.

11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Remember long ago before everyone had broadband when DLC used to be called expansion packs and were usually worth the price they charged. Now most DLC is just content removed from the original game or crap created during lunch breaks and sold to people who MUST OWN EVERYTHING!

12. sandys

sandys Multimodder

You could always wait for the game of the year edition in 6 months :D

13. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I just look at my steam collection and rattle off one or two games i've got in a sale and never played, to see me through.