1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Wrist Watches - show us yours!

Discussion in 'General' started by ComputerKing, 31 Jul 2008.

?

Watch Types?

1. Analog Hand Watch

222 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Digital Hand Watch

42 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Digital + Analog

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. don't wear one

73 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Good find, that is a huge reduction in price, thanks!

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just bought a watch for my wife's anniversary pressie:

[​IMG]

Sure, it's a men's watch but she's big enough to pull it off and she loves canvas straps.

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I have a Seiko Sarb 033, some how the strap pillar in the strap has become lost (pointing to the empty place where it went in the second picture), its the bit the strap clicks into when you close it.

Well I took the opportunity to replace the standard silver band with some would say slightly a more stylish official Seiko black band.

Took a around 5 days to get here, two days to clear customs.

http://www.seiyajapan.com/collections/accessories/products/p-z20calf

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

boiled_elephant likes this.
  4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Left was a 30th Birthday present and right was a Christmas present

[​IMG]

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Looking good rainbow! The black strap is definitely an improvement over the bracelet.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Nice work rainbow! I'm now days away from buying my first auto. I can't wait!

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Can Citizen watches be repaired by yourself? Everything I have found so far, says that you need to send them away. All I want, is a new strap. New Crystal. and a new slide ruler.
    I asked Citizen for a quote, and they said send it to us first.
    I said no, quote me for the parts. Then I will send it in. They didn't even reply to me.
    It's not that I don't have the money, it's more the principle. I want to know the cost first....

Anyway. Can citizen watches be home repaired?

Thanks!

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

No reason they can't be. The parts shouldn't be too hard to look up and buy equivalents for.

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I think it depends greatly on which model it is. I can take the bracelet off my Skyhawk AT easily as it just uses the normal spring pins (removed it to run it through the ultrasonic cleaner) but there is no way I am going near the innards of the thing, I've seen images of the inside and got scared.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Fellow watch junkies, some assistance if I may.

My birthday is next week, and Mrs_Tad likes the idea of getting me another watch, and I always like the idea of another watch, but I'm a bit like a kid in a candy store at the moment.

We went in to Berry's in Nottingham at the weekend to have a peruse, but the chap that assisted was truly pants, so cut the visit short. I told him what I had, said I wanted something different, he listed off a whole load of recommendations which were precisely along the lines of what I already had, I asked to have a look at some of the Bell & Ross ones from the display (which are different) but said I can't go larger than 42mm on account of girly wrists, he brought out the 46mm BR01s and some Seven Friday atrocity to try on, and I decided it was time to go. You would figure an establishment that deals in Patek Philippe and JLC would employ a different kind of sales person, but they had just moved location, so maybe he was just "the help" in getting set up at the new place. Anyway, moving on.

My current collection consists of...
    Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chrono
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
    Seagull Pilot 1963
    Raymond Weil Tradition

The requirements are - different to what's already in the bag, <=42mm and mechanical (my Raymond Weil serves as the reference quartz)

I'm liking the Bell & Ross BR-03 lineup (commando, phantom, GMT) and I've always wanted a Fifty Fathoms and a Rose Gold Calatrava, but I feel like the latter two are better suited to "significant" events (40th, 50th, retirement for instance), but would entertain something similar for now.

Budget isn't strictly set, just probably not Fifty Fathoms or Calatrava money (it's just a 31st after all)

So, any suggestions that may not have cropped up in my mind?

11. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Lost me there Tad not my style. I like big bulky ones. Go online and have a look around.
    Fellow Oakley watch owners. Never take your watch to an Oakley shop to get a battery done. The one in Covent garden,I have been waiting two weeks just to hear much it will cost to get done

12. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

You do have the Calatrava on the list, so hopefully my recommendations are not completely off the mark, style wise.

1. Hamilton Intramatic - 38mm, sapphire caseback, ca. $1000

2. Nomos Orion - 35mm, sapphire caseback, ca. $2400

3. Nomos Tangomat - 38mm, sapphire caseback, ca. $3300

4. Just look at the whole Nomos range, they're superb watches and great value.

On the less dressy side of things, I have limited interest, but a couple of watches have jumped out at me over the past year or so:

5. Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Auto Chrono - 41mm, sapphire caseback, ca. $2000

6. Damasko DA44 - 40mm, ca. $1500

Also, the new Tudor watches are a shade big (I too have girly wrists) but by god, are they gorgeous. The finishing on the Pelagos and Heritage Black Bay in particular is impeccable.

Hope this helps

13. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Your best dealing with Oakley direct for anything like that as the Vaults have trouble locating their own elbow let alone doing anything technical :).

I know very little about watches apart from having reading up on quite a few now since having more of an interest.

http://schofieldwatchcompany.com/shop/schofield-signalman/

The Signalman by schofield might be a little out of your budget although your examples where all over the place price wise & it is 44mm which is slightly bigger then you want but its deceptively small looking and very unique, I do love the look of it.

Last edited: 5 May 2014
  14. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

15. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Not sure how I hadn't thought of Nomos - I'm a big fan of them, and the company in general. Will try to hunt some down to get hand-on time, the simplest number-less, dateless manual wind is nice and slim, and priced very nicely.

Thanks for the tip-off.

Looks good, but looks about 15mm thick in addition to being 44mm across - at risk of looking like I'm trying to compensate for something.

In hunting around for a Fifty Fathoms "lite", the SuperOcean Heritage 42 looks good. I'm not normally a fan of Breitling, feeling that they're a bit too busy and in your face, but the Superocean Heritage is lovely IMO.

Last edited: 6 May 2014
  17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, I'm "lurking around" for a new watch for myself (well, my missus is planning to buy me one for a gift). Last time I had one was years ago and now I decided to go for one.

What I like is minimalistic look, not that bulky stuff with loads of small chronometers inside etc.
    I like.. maybe not retro, but old clean look of the face. Simple 3 hands, date, that's it.
    I have a bit fat hand:D So I'm thinking that 40mm should be fine, but never tried one that size.

I remember my dad used to have one I always liked, it was golden, with date, I think it was either zenith or citizen, not sure what. I think it was that 21 jewels series.

Anyway.. so far I found and fell in love with this one:
    It's 40mm, not sure if it would be too small for my hand.. need to try it out, but non of shops I checked here in Glasgow had one...

[​IMG]

Anyone have/know/like Edox watches?

18. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Never heard of them, although may I suggest a Mondaine. I have two and they're both brilliant.

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

They look like train station clocks:eeek:

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder