1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam ARMA 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by adrock, 16 Sep 2013.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

breaking point is pretty good, the music really sets the feeling.

Worse thing you can do in the game is actually shot a zombie, that's when the other human hunters or killers come for you.

I killed a zombie ran into a house with some loot to inspect, I closed the door and set to right clicking and trying to take stuff when all of a sudden bang opens the door and I had an AXE full force in my face from a hunter or what ever,

I was very disappointed, game is pretty good takes an age to sync thou.

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Playing a lot of king of the hill lately, 3 teams all spawn at separate bases about 2mins drive from a single town. At base you can spend money, which is earnt by killing people and other tasks (paradropping team members etc), on weapons, vehicles and perks. You earn XP alongside cash which unlocks better weapons/ attachments / vehicles /perks.

The best thing about it is you know where the action is going to be and when you respawn (10seconds after death) you know you can be back in the fight in 2-3 minutes. None of this wandering for ages trying to meet up with team-mates or friendlies.

3. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

What I love about Arma 3 is the sheer scope and scale of it plus how moddable it is. Check this one:

Terminator Rising

Terminator Rising BI Forums

I haven't got my PC up to London with me yet but PM me if you'd like to game some time. I'll be home in a few weeks.

What would you guys make of a Battle:LA (or Altis) mod for A3?..

4. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

That looks epic.
    The only mods I've played really have been wasteland and altis/stratis life. I thoroughly enjoyed both as well as the single player. I'm up for any ARMA 3 team based games. Zeus mode has bought about some interesting games and its good fun to mess around with in the editor if you get a chance :)

5. *Alex*

*Alex* What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, just got Arma III and was wandering if anyone would want to help me get to grips with the mods you guys play ect, I've played Arma II and alot of DayZ mod and SA.

Cheers

Alex

6. Stickeh

I play mostly King of the hill and wasteland.
    King of the hill for instant gratification as the action is only 2 mins drive down the road.
    Wasteland for big groups of fun, taking over areas of interest, completing objectives etc.

I'd like to do some more serious operations but I don't have the time to commit to practices with set times.

7. *Alex*

*Alex* What's a Dremel?

King of the hill sounds like fun, let me know when your next playing ill join you if that's cool?

8. Stickeh

Sure thing, steam ID is lankyjames, current nickname is Stick. I have a team speak server that a bunch of guys play quite regularly - between KoTH, wasteland and DayZ SA

9. *Alex*

*Alex* What's a Dremel?

Added you bud BulletKandy.

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Obviously Arma 3 is a pretty awesome game no one contest that, but its like an Onion, I just installed from the subscriptions page the rally mod for Arma 3..

And there are a ton more easily free downloading content,

Once you sign up and subscribe to a "mod" in steam it comes down and is available under the content section, A quick look at the available content shows a HUGE amount of downloadable modules.

The thing I like about ARMA 3 is the intelligence of the enemy when they spot you, the tanks come rolling and they want to get you.

If I could ask a question about Arma 3 it would be about hosting a super server, like I would not mind spending a bit of money to run a super dulux server with some awesome maps and set the rules like TK +3 = kick, repeat again in 24 hours = ban and.

What I can see is that there is two camps, French servers and Americans,

I was playing on a American server the other day and was involved in a close team attack on the north east area of the map, got killed, tried to take a hunter back to support my "teammates", and the admin banned me....

What I mean to say is there are some elite American players wanting the game to be played just so, DONT drive near my copters, have to do what your told etc. Its very strict but the up side is you are involved in some tight well played out games with awesome companionship.

I have to admit it was rude of me to just pluck a hunter from the base and make my way to the north east but I wanted to help the people I had just been with.

Last question, why hasn't the noob jumping into the blades been fixed? Still in 2014 players are for fun jumping up into the blades of the little birds........?

11. *Alex*

*Alex* What's a Dremel?

Playing some Arma with Stick if anyone wants to join!

12. *Alex*

*Alex* What's a Dremel?

Anyone for some Arma?

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Any idea why i cannot load Altis life, i keep getting a bad server rejection.

14. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Does the server have a host website with forum? Go check there as the forums will probably have help.

Does the server have a green circle beside it in the browser? If its red then something is not compatible either mods or your arma version.

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks man, i done a bit digging and found that if i disable any add on expansions it fixes it for me.
    But i do not understand Altis life anyway, tried and all i see is random folk getting arrested by police

16. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

I can be online in a few mins, I'll show you what it's all about if you like? I'll be on the bittech teamspeak

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks for the offer and sorry i cannot get a game going. Possibly tomorrow evening, i should have spare time

18. JohnRogers24

JohnRogers24 What's a Dremel?

Question: how different are DayZ Mod and DayZ standalone? I've played a bit of the latter, and although enjoy it, apparently the mod is infinitely better. How so?

19. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

The mod is much more complete at the moment. THere is features on DayzSA that you wont get on the mod.

The basic premise is the same, but with the mod you can actually have a decent game going without coming across a bug that ruins it (or less chance anyway). The amount of different mods going about is insane, lots of variants of playing Dayz including Dayz:Origins is worth a look.

I have played plenty of both but have not touched dayz SA in months, generally because I got a lot of good gear quite easily and got bored. Its still harder to do this in the mod.

20. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

[​IMG]

Happy, have a look at these:

Steam thread

BI forum

They suggest it's an issue to do with which version (Dev/Beta/Standard) of ArmA 3 you're using as they have their own servers. It could just be a one-off. Is it working for you now?

If anyone wants to add me on Steam, look for "Mach2Infinity".

I feel like I've been on a carousel with this but I do want to start getting into addon making for ArmA 3. I've got my Blender tutorial DVDs and there's some great threads on the BI forums and elsewhere. I want to do a "World Invasion" addon pack/mod. So the aliens from Battle:LA, Battleship, ID4, Cowboys & Aliens and War of the Worlds can fight amongst each other and we're caught in the middle. It's a bit ambitious (to put it mildly) but it is a passion project of mine I've wanted to do for ages. I'm going to start with the Battle:LA aliens first. If anyone's interested or perhaps would like to test my models when they're ready for release then please let me know!

Cheers.