1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

+1

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Like everyone else... I shouldn't laugh at this but I did...

As for what's making life **** at my end... still without a pc, and the novelty of having to use/share the 'rents office PC has long since worn off...

Add to that i'm drowning in bills meaning the money fomr what little work I can get done gets siphoned away leaving me with not enough to buy a packet of crisps [20p space raiders at that], let alone replace the ****ed parts in my pc...

3. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

Been a long time since I've had to post in this thread but time to vent again...

A little over two years ago I was contacted about a job with a major computer manufacturer. I felt like it was too good to pass up, the dream of working from home for such a huge company. This job has broken me. I've had to take medical leaves and have an ongoing intermittent leaves. Lack of cash coming in because of these leaves means I'm not really even breaking even when essentials are going on a credit card. The problem? The company does not stand behind an employees work at all. My job depends on customer satisfaction where customers will not always be satisfied. There could be a recorded call that proves I offered everything I could, my direct manager and even his manager could agree on this fact but it doesn't matter, a customers negative opinion always stands. This affects my standing in the company, potential for advancement, ranking for rotational schedules, and over a few months period without reaching goal, termination.

So, of course I'm looking for new jobs but having been broken mentally by this situation, I feel like I'm not showing my best self in interviews when I get a proper one. My last two interviews have been a joke, though. HR drones that don't really understand what they're really looking at on my resume or hearing about my experience. So broken, I don't even want another IT or customer service type job but there's really not much else I could do...

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Bad design or what? [​IMG]

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

No, it's a medium ring at best so sticking a big pot / wok or frying pan on it isn't what it's for.
    Rocket surgery it isn't, use one of the bigger rings @ the front, leave the small rings for boiling veg in small pans

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Wot e sed ^

That being said, it would have been more sensible to use a material other than plastic for the knobs. But I suspect it's a budget hob.

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Burn your fingers like a real man would, the food is more important

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Did you design this pos?

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

No, But I did get my full quota of common sense and have managed to retain most of it though life

DeadP1xels and julianmartin like this.
  10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Lol. It's an awful design. What happened there was inevitable.

Last edited: 13 May 2014
  11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Wait, there are cooking appliances other than microwaves? :lol:

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Yup I make boiled eggs in my kettle...

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

There's toasters if your a bit of a gourmand

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The Penguins lost game 7 to the Rangers tonight and are out of the Stanley Cup. I haven't shed a tear over sport since Jessica Ennis won her gold medal in London 2012, and even then I didn't really mind because they were tears of joy. I've shed some tonight though, completely gutted :waah: Everyone - and when I say everyone I mean everyone who's affiliated with the NHL in any way, fans included - expects the head coach and general manager are going to be fired in the morning. It's the end of an era.

15. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

The kitchen that's the place with the kettle right?

You mean you can cook in there?

In that case what's the point of having Pizzahut on speed dial?

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It's where I keep all my takeout menus, stuck to the front of the beer colderer with magnets. :thumb:

17. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE RANGERS HAVE GONE THROUGH THOUGH! I almost wore my Rangers jersey to the office! (I did do a big sad when the Avs went home though.)

Plus - if NYR get the Bruins, it's home-time for the Rangers!

18. Unicorn

I feel empty inside today. The word "gutted" has lost a lot of its potency in recent times and can even be used sarcastically and light heartedly these days, but I can assure you there is nothing light hearted about the feeling I've had in the pit of my stomach since the final buzzer sounded :(

19. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I can imagine - I haven't seen the final game yet but I will watch later. I stayed up to watch the game on Saturday night which I was agog at the result of (I had been convinced that the Pens would send the Rangers packing to be honest).

I've always been an Avs fan though and I was gutted (in the true sense of the word) when they went out. Who do you reckon will lift the Stanley Cup this year then?

20. Unicorn

Gotta be the Hawks or Rags. I can't see the Bruins getting it on current form and whilst I haven't watched many Habs games this season I don't think they have the fight to go all the way either. I would hate to see it happen, but if Henk plays the next series the same as he's played the last 3 games against the Pens, the Rangers may get it.

Henrik Lundqvist during post-game interview last night:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 14 May 2014