1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li prices DK-01X, DK-02X desk chassis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 May 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

That is actually a lot cheaper than I expected. Was thinking in the $2000+ range

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

It is actually a pretty impressive piece of hardware. I think if there was a slight design rearrangement they could have fit a 5.25" bay but oh well - those are hardly any use these days anyway.

It'd be nice too if the keyboard tray was pullout and if the desk was a little slimmer, but I guess considering you can't push in the keyboard tray, there ought to be enough room for your legs.

I'd be more interested in Lian Li making another one of these desks but with the low-profile form factor and a pullout keyboard tray. A desk like this would be more ideal for those who like to push in their chairs and use the main surface for more than just holding their monitor(s).

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

For ~$2000-2500 you had much better Lian Li desk back then :
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/1750

5. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Is the price a joke?

Watercooling potencial on these is 0

6. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

For that price I can but the materials and tools needed and still have spare change. Hell you could make this out of sheet metal and plumbing pipes and it would even be more stable, with added steampunk appeal.....

7. trintragular

trintragular What's a Dremel?

Good concept but not too convinced by the execution, although it looks much better than the toy-looking prototype.

I think I would've preferred a single, spacious top surface with the sockets going down into the desk and possibly with an opaque cover. From their video, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of cable management so I doubt I'd want to show off the internals through the top. A top slot-loading optical drive would've been pretty cool too.

Either way, could we have a review? Pretty please?

Last edited: 26 May 2014
  8. DrDaystrom

DrDaystrom What's a Dremel?