1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Facebook Seriously Bugs Me

Discussion in 'General' started by Darkwisdom, 22 May 2014.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I don't get angry over it, it's just confusing to me.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Facebook has enabled me to keep in touch with people I may have otherwise lost contact with, a few old school pals and the like.
    I would say the vast majority of my Facebook "friends" are acquaintances, the remainder are close friends and family.

To be honest I don't really mind it at all, plus its great if you are nosey :)

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I quite enjoy using Facebook, it allows me to keep in touch with those I'd have otherwise lost contact with, and be even closer with those that are already good friends.

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'm in this boat too.

The bottom line is that for the most part I don't care what my friends are doing on a day-to-day basis. That's why it's their lives, not mine. If I have something to say to a friend I'll send an email or text, and if I have something profound to say I'll post it here.

5. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I made an account just to chat with a friend and my mum, then all the friend requests started coming.

People I have known.. yep ..pictures of themselves out drinking look how brilliant my life is I just had to take a photo of myself at this club.

"just done the washing now the house smells of lenour, lush" < see why, just why does anybody care.

I don't think i've ever gone for a night out and taken a picture of myself, maybe if it was a large group thing.

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Never use fartbook I think vast majority of people on it are a collection of sad and stupid people

7. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Have to agree with this! I just unfriend/mute the people I don't care about.

8. Darkwisdom

I'm just done with it now.

I mean, I try to be friendly; I try to make conversation with people but they're just massive D**ks. How is it that people don't get that when you talk to them, it comes up with a 'seen' on the corner when they've looked at it? Ignoring it makes them a horrible person, really. If they didn't weant to speak, they could've just said; if they knew me in anyway, they'd know that is what i'm like. IT makes it feel worse when they ignore me; a simple "I'm not in the mood" or "i'm busy" or "I just plain don't like you" would suffice and just put me at ease.

F**k social networking.

9. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i only use facebook to keep up with all my favourite bands, any info about albums/concerts/interviews etc will show up first on facebook, and to have it all in one place is really helpful...

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Get your own back, go on a posting blitz!

Cat pictures Cheesecake.... ^^

11. Darkwisdom

XD If only facebook supported posting Gifs. Then I could have some fun.

12. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I just recently binned most of my social media accounts I've kept Facebook but deleted the app off my phone. The only things I do find Facebook useful for is arranging events with friends and the messenger component.

Luckily I've always been selective about the people I add as friends so never had to do a mass purge.

13. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I use farcebook to keep in touch with family yes its a pain in the proverbial with all its bugs and quirks but that's what you get with all social media online it goes with the territory as long as you use it sensibly and set your privacy correctly its perfectly fine and Tel I'm not a Sad stupid person I am a happy Stupid person lol

14. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Didn't say every one just the vast majority, but no you're not sad or stupid :thumb: I wouldn't talk to you if you was.

Another thing that bugs me is now most competitions require you to have a f***book account :grr:

Last edited: 31 May 2014
  15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  16. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

I'll go against the flow a little here. I love Facebook. It's lead me to new friends, new work, events, and traveling the world where I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity. I keep it trimmed to people I'd actively cross the street for, as opposed to everyone I ever went to school with, though as far as I'm aware I have a larger number of friends than most in real life anyway. I know Lance referenced 5-10, it's easily triple that.

These days it's a method of communication. If people send me information, that counts, however it arrives in my head. In my eyes there's no difference between an email, a text or a Facebook message. It's also amazing for organising events. I will poke people with a blunt spoon if they invite me to games though. For me it's a social thing, that's it.

trueno! likes this.
  17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I use it all the time, as has been said, I wouldn't be keeping in touch with half the people I do if it wasn' for it. Sure there are the annoying A$%£holes on there, mostly the sort that post continual streams of motivational / pseudo-science / very poorly researched real science / etc etc.

The ones that make me smile are the ones who post lots of 'living off the grid' and 'anti-corporate' stuff about everyone conforming to what the corporations and government want us to be, and then at the bottom of their post "posted from iPhone" or words to that effect...

Then there's the inconsistency with Facebook's policies, they will jump on any picture of something like a woman breastfeeding or a suggestive picture of some artwork and delete it, ban the poster and so on but try reporting things like the right wing postings of the BNP or Britain First or graphic pictures of animal mutilation and they are fine with that sort of thing and even go so far as to giving the reporting person a warning...