1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Same here. :(

2. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

But they have beer. :eeek:

Yeah think I'll be doing the same on the notification front.

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Ditto. Looks like some people have realised it's a way of rapidly increasing membership!

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Latest 10fromChairman:-

5. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

[​IMG]

IT HAS ARRIVED!

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Mine is at the post office :) I'll go pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Bit of a kick seeing your name in the back I must admit. I really want to see the plaque in the CIG office with my name on it as well!

Last edited: 27 May 2014
  7. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Can you still melt and upgrade ship purchases?

I got another invite too... certainly need to change settings now. Pot tossers.

8. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yes and no.

Yes you can still melt any package with value. However you lose LTI if you had it, and there's a query hanging over about what happens to any associated alpha access if you melt a package that had it (as all new ones don't).

9. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

They've said they're trying to come up with an update to their system to allow people to disconnect the alpha account aspect from the ship, allowing users to retain their alpha while melting down the ship to upgrade.
    Not sure where i saw that, but it could be some way off.

I dont think thats possible though, my understanding is you can upgrade from MR to LN with an upgrade pack from the store, and thats a minor modification and retains the LTI, but to go to & from 2 completely different hulls, not possible*.

*With the exception of Aurora LTI transfering to the Mustang, when its available in-store. They have said they'd make an exception for that.

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, I was busy lately and didn't read all the updates since March, so don't know - are we gonna have access to more than just Hornet ship at the release of Arena?
    Will I be able to fly my 325a?

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Nope, just the Hornet to begin with. 3xx and Aurora will be next I believe.

12. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Really?? I thought it was going to be Aurora, 300i, and Hornet in '1.1' (no idea about variants).

Its certainly the first ive heard that those 2 wouldnt be there, but at the same time i cant say id be surprised as everything we've seen has been with the Hornet. The only other ship ive heard will be in there is the Scythe as the opposition in Horde mode. The other two, maybe i just assumed were 1.1, and they've slipped back, but in all the comments ive read have basically said you'd A) get your ship/s B) get a loaner Hornet if its not yet available.
    That then means if you own a hornet, you get to fly it, if you dont, you get a hornet. surely the simple answer would be 'evertyone gets to fly a hornet for now', no?

So i expect those 3 to be in there in 48hrs time, but i'll certainly prefer a loaner, cos i plan to buy a Tracker before the weekend.

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

just an obvious statement but worth saying

EVE Valkyrie will be using the Unreal Engine 4, star citizen uses cry engine 3.

This is really awesome because we will have the ability to not only check out the best that these two space Sims have to offer but also compare the best that the differing engines have to offer.

I just checked out the Unreal Engine 4 demos and did some screen captures,its pretty darn good, the water reflections are amazing but Cry3 is definitely where it is at, but its really awesome that Unreal Engine 4 is going to have Valkyrie, that game is going to look sweet.

some eye candy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Couple more, this is the temple one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 28 May 2014
  14. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Those first 2 look like you accidentally upped pics of your apartment :D

Dont think i'd bother with eve, simply because of subs. Same rules would apply to SC though, but that said, im that into SC i'd contribute something in a monthly manner, provided it was optional. Just for when there are tough months, being locked out would suck (so would paying for long term subs to avoid that). But had they incl subs in the model, would have passed without any thought.

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I can tell you that [REDACTED] hasn't had any spamvites.

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I asked cause I aw some photos of 300i in Dogfight module and thought it is ready.
    At least standard 300i version...

[​IMG]

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

From what I understood, we get these ships at v1 launch:
    - F7C Hornet
    - 300i
    - Aurora

There are no variants right now, only the stock ships. So if you have a variant you get the stock model until the variants are added (eg: 315p becomes a 300i, F7C-S becomes an F7C). If you don't have one of the three ships or a variant of one, your ships are converted based on dollar equivalent. I think the Avenger will become a 300i, and ships like the Freelancer etc. become Hornets. Obviously once your ship is added you get it back.

Multiple ships also count. Got all 3? You can fly all 3!

EDIT:
    Picked up my Imperator hardback edition of Jump Point Vol 1. It's amazing, probably the best reward I've gotten from a crowd-funded campaign so far. Its truly a work of art.

18. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

sweet:)
    til friday then...

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The penultimate WMH :(

20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

This guy has some good stuff if anyone is interested