1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Funnily enough I just recently finished a Dead Space 1,2,3 playthrough. Bundles of fun! Played them all before, but fancied a back-to-back experiance.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I had trouble with Dead Space one as the PC controls were pretty dire and I needed to use a controller for certain aspects of the game. But still enjoyed it.

3. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I loved deadspace 1 and 2 and pretty much hated 3!

The first two were immense!

ps. agree with comments above, about only using 2 weapons in DS2, once you commit the upgrade nodes its hard to move to new weapons!

4. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Super Mario World (Emulator) been on a retro run lately, trying the first Stalker again as well. I might try Dead space later

5. gravgen3rd

gravgen3rd What's a Dremel?

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Teslagrad 8/10

I loved this game, really high quality 2D platformer. Some of the bosses are huge and require a lot of focus to beat without dying. It's really simple in premise but some of the puzzles are tricky and you can die pretty easily if you make a mistake. Looks really nice to boot. And it's quite nice to find power ups throughout the game, only thing is that most of these power ups only show up when you need them and they're largely unused for much of the game after other than your basic abilities.

The Swapper 7/10

Other than the moody atmosphere and the amazing graphics, it doesn't have that much going for it. It's a pretty simplistic platformer with a few neat tricks. The swapper is a good feature and opens a lot of opportunity for some complicated puzzles, but they don't really utilize it very well and they're easily completed. There is quite a lot of findable collecting going on so it stays fun and engaging.

7. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

Finished Far Cry 3 a few days ago. I thought the story started off really well but by the end, it felt quite rushed.
    I thought Vaas's death was very anti-climactic. I didn't even believe I killed him. I thought 'Nah, that can't be it. He's on the front cover for ****'s sake. Surely he'll pop up towards the end. Nope.

Besides that, I had a LOT of fun but realised how much of a wuss I was whenever I heard a komodo dragon.

8. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

FIFA 13

Ok, so technically you can't really complete this game, but I had to set myself a target to achieve - the game was swallowing up my life it seemed. Not 'crazy' crazy, just a bit crazy, playing when I shoulda been working/sleeping on occasion.

So I set myself the target of winning the Division 1 League Title online, which I felt was a very tough ask as I was averaging out as a Division 3 player, and to win Division 1 you have to score a minimum of 23 points from a possible 30 against the toughest opposition.

But I rose to the challenge and went unbeaten, achieving 23 points with a game to spare - I went unbeaten in the top division, which felt like real success.

It was then that I looked at the career stats of the top ranked player globally. They'd won the top division 30 times, having put 10 times more the amount of time into the online game than I had.

I'm currently ranked about 660 out of 8000+, and the biggest factor in ranking seems to be games played, so I need to bow out as there's no chance I'd ever catch the leader.

But I have beaten them in a match. That's good enough for me.

FIFA 13 is a great game. I was watching the Benfica/Sevilla Europa League Final (a very good game) last week and so much of the gameplay reminded me of what I'd experienced playing FIFA. Hate on them all you like, but EA have to be congratulated on the realism they've achieved, IMO.

9. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

transistor, awesome little cyberpunk RPG

10. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Just finished Bioshock: Infinite.

Really great and fun game, visuals were great. I'm still a little confused as to why
    Elizabeth killed Booker
    , but I probably missed something.

EDIT: Done, sorry folks!

Last edited: 27 May 2014
    G0UDG likes this.
  11. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Might want to put some spoiler tags in there for the people who haven't played it yet, because that's a pretty major spoiler. ;)

12. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Been a while since I played it but...

I think it was to break the cycle of Booker buying his daughter off of his past self!

13. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Yeah, wish I hadn't opened this thread now :(

14. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Yep, missed that part, err didn't understand what all was going on!

Spoiler fixed, dunno why it didn't occur to me.

15. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Finished Driver SF today. Storyline is a bit funky but it ties up properly at the end and makes for a good finish. One of my favourite driving games so far.

Still lots of challenges and stunts to complete and cars to buy etc. Blasting around in free roam is also good fun. Overall a nice game with lots of cars, content, detail and polish.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dead Space 3.

This was my third play-though so obviously not a game I dislike. But that is not to say that I liked it all. I felt the weapons were under powered and with this weapon crafting nonsense I never got the hang of it and never seemed to craft a decent weapon.

The door opening puzzles were annoying also. I want to really like this game as although there were control issues in Dead Space 1 I enjoyed it, Dead Space 2 was a great game but come Dead Space 3 the developers seem to lose their way a bit. Overall not a bad game but not a great game either.

17. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Beat Dark Souls 2 finally. Felt like I had to force myself to finish it compared to the last game which I just couldn't get enough of. It's not even really that bad of a game. There's a lot in there to like over the previous entry into the series but there's just something about the world, the characters and the story that just didn't grip me in the same way I was riveted to my seat for the previous game. Hopefully W/E project beast turns out to be (the next game from the director of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1) it will be more enjoyable than DS2 was. I'd give DS2 about a 7.5 out of 10 on the 1-10 scale. It actually felt a lot like Dead Space 3 did compared to the first two games. Dead Space 1 and 2 were highly focused and delivered an enjoyable ride from start to finish but Dark Souls 2 feels like Dead Space 3, it's got nearly all the major elements and styles from the previous titles but it just is packaged and presented in a way that feels lacking. It's not an abomination of the series by any means, just not it's best entry. If you're still on the fence about picking up a copy I'd suggest waiting for a steam sale on PC or picking up a cheaper console copy if you don't want to use steam - assuming the lower frame-rate won't bother you.

18. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Just finished the original Alan Wake - at 9.4hrs it was pretty short on hard mode, but good fun nonetheless. I also have the American Nightmare game, but think I will play something else first (perhaps Dishonored?!) before stating that.

Not a huge fan or 'scary' games, so glad I have completed it.

The un played steam game list continues :)

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The Last of Us. Utterly, utterly amazing. Set piece after set piece (Giraffes!!). Such detailed environments, perhaps not totally interact-able with, but my word the game world was believable. There's a scene where you're travelling towards the hydro electric power station that, at certain angles, was verging on photo realistic. I've started on the Left Behind dlc which apparently doesn't take too long to complete but it's great so far, particularly as I've just hooked up my 5.1 setup and am enjoying the dts soundtrack. It's certainly providing the relevant 'tang' to the atmosphere, the soundtrack heightening the suspense.

20. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Dishonored, awesome game.