1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: H2Orange

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by davido_labido, 25 Mar 2014.

1. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

ha they actually look quite good like this!

2. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

haha, thanks sir! theres still not enough orange products in this world!!!

3. davido_labido

Well, i can honestly say, today im very happy!!!

Ive been nominated on Bit-Tech for mod of the month!

[​IMG]

A massive thanks for the nomination bit-tech! Really does make me proud to see my name alongside some of the other awesome builds!

4. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Congrats man!

5. colinmcr

colinmcr What's a Dremel?

First post on these forums for the man who has helped me a great deal. The work you do Dave is awesome.
    Defo gets my vote for mod of the month :D

6. Hanoverfist

Hanoverfist Minimodder

Awesome Color Combo... And that Motherboard Make Over..:jawdrop:

7. davido_labido

an update!! wooohooo!

Well, with my computer being nominated for mod of the month over at bit-tech (vote for me here please!!! ) i thought id best actually do some modding!

A massive thanks to

[​IMG]

for sponsoring the sleeving for this build! For those who dont know, E22 is in partnership with Lurto0 customs who sells teleios sleeving.

i wanted teleios sleeving.
    there is no orange teleios sleeving.
    lets mod some sleeving!!

So, this is half of the sleeving i was sent from E22.Biz i have more white too... i want this orange though..

[​IMG]

This is where Stuart from Kemtex.co.uk came in. I emailed Stuart a few times as id seen somebody dye sleeving before, but every attempt i tried had failed.

Stuart is a expert in dyes and after a few emails, i rang him. He was very interested in what i was doing and actually told me that the stuff i was ordering was far beyond my needs and he turned down a £25+ order, in the end all i needed was this

[​IMG]

and he actually supplied it to me for free as he was interested in whether it would work or not.

So, i got a pan of hot water and put it on the hob (notice the stains, this wasnt my first attempt lol)

[​IMG]

Then added around half of the 25g bag of dye.

[​IMG]

I gave it a stir (do you think i could be a hand model?) (Parvum, valkia, anderp.... no taking the mick -.- )

[​IMG]

Grabbed the sleeving and started to put it in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Try and get all the sleeving underwater, make sure you stir often and also turn it over as much as you can

[​IMG]

after around 10 minutes

[​IMG]

after around 20 minutes

[​IMG]

after around 30 minutes

[​IMG]

the colour the sleeveing is in the pan isnt the same as what you will get in the end, you MUST wash off the dye, this does take a lot of colour away from the sleeving, this is what i got in the end:

[​IMG]

Some nicer shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, once id done this i thought i best actually sleeve something...

24 pin:

[​IMG]

8 pin:

[​IMG]

6 pin pci-e to 2 6 pin pci-e

[​IMG]

Group photo:

[​IMG]

I have got 2 more of the pci-e sets obviously for my other 2 cards, but i didnt want to over crowd the photos lol.

Once again, a massive thanks to E22.biz and also Kemtex.co.uk If you want sleeving or dye, please give either of them a visit!

also, a thanks to cpachris from this forum as he gave me the photo that i needed to figure out that i was using the wrong dye!!

Last edited: 5 Jul 2014
  8. davido_labido

This MOTM nomination has given me a kick up the backside and get things done which ive been saying ive been wanting to get finished for months. Today i started doing the LED's for the GPU's, CPU and RAM blocks.

Im only going to show the GPU ones as the RAM and CPU are still being made at the moment, i also dont want to spoil the final shots of this build as it really is starting to come together now!!

so, I got an LED and a resistor (the resistor im using is a ltitle lower than i need as i want it to be as bright as possible without actually blowing the LEDs, i will be adding 3 or 4 leds to this array. so this should be fine... hopefully.

im not the best solderer in the world, but this is how i do it: hold the LED and Resistor together with the croc clips, add a little bit of flux.

[​IMG]

tin both the resistor and the LED (i couldnt really get a good photo of this as my hands were full lol, i tried to get some timed shots but my arms were in the way... BOOOO!

after, hold the solder iron with and solder next to the two tinned wires and just tap the the 2 wires and solder to form the completed joint.

[​IMG]

after doing as many as i needed, i made sure all exposed wire was hidden under some small heatshrink. crimped the wires with some ATX pins and then put them in a 2 pin connector to make sure everything is as safe as possible.

[​IMG]

I then put these into the XSPC blocks, the XSPC blocks have holes for 3mm LEDs, they can sometimes be a bit loose, so i will be using a dab of glue from my trustee glue gun to make sure these stay in place when in transit (i go to LANS etc, usually you wont really need to make sure they are so secure!)

[​IMG]

Then i turned them on :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im really happy with these!!!

A few thank yous now.

A massive thanks to Tealc (Tony) for supplying me with everything i needed to do these, all i actually needed to buy were the LEDs which i already had. it saved me buying a load of stuff. He also helped me to understand a way to power everything i will need easily! THANKS!!

Also a big thanks to Confused (Garry) for spending the day around my house yesterday! we got a lot of things done that id already done, but not properly, he re sprayed my reservoirs and pumps, he helped to get all 10 fans running properly and sorted out the cable management, we drained the loop, we mounted the SSDS (which look awesome) and just did a load of little bits that we needed doing. He also decided to smash my loop draining bowl by knocking the computer over on it ;) :p Cheers!!! haha

9. -MisterX-

-MisterX- Minimodder

Looks nice. Keep up the good work!

10. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Wow hell of a lot of work there bud keep it up :)

11. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Those illuminated waterblocks look the dogs bollocks Dave.

12. davido_labido

Thanks!!

Will do! :D

Cheers man, ive actaully had a few problems with them, they were working fine, put them all in the blocks, filled the loop and now they wont work, so gonna have to re do them ready for the next strip down =(

a small update!

just to show the following:

Cable management around the back! (someone asked about it along with what PSU i was using)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To show how the wires look now that they are installed (i still need to spend some time tidying the GPU cables mind (ignore the fluid, im just in the process clearing the loop a bit before i go i52 in august, i will soon have Mayhems aurora back in it!!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To show where the SSDs are mounted

[​IMG]

and finally, a quick overview of it

[​IMG]

still got plenty to do! but its all started to comet together now!!

My back panel has been sent off, im having that jazzed up by a friend of mine, so i think that will probably be my next update! Im also in the process of getting the touch screen to work with my raspberry pi that ive tucked away in the front of the case. Im not great with linux though, so i really am struggling! hopefully, il get the drivers installed one day and get it all working lol!

13. Thisisburrito

Thisisburrito What's a Dremel?

Wow, I never thought a white PCB would look so good! Keep up the good work, I can't wait for the final pictures!

14. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Super impressive work love the color coding and detail

15. davido_labido

Thanks guys!!

So Insomnia 52 is just around the corner so im just about to get this build ready to take!!

so i sent off my side panel a friend of mine who dabbles in airbrushing...

he sent me this back <3

[​IMG]

I still need to fill my reservoirs properly, sort out the front screen and do the LEDS again (for some reason they didnt work after i put them all in after the tests -.-)

not long to go now though!!

16. colinmcr

colinmcr What's a Dremel?

Looking good mate, crackin job on the side panel

17. Zentaaa

Zentaaa What's a Dremel?

jesus, you can paint a mobo :eek: