1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs My favourite things at Computex 2014

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Jun 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

That Raijin AIO looks nice, too bad about those screws on the fans. It looks very unprofessionnal

[​IMG]

3. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I have to say.. Hit the nail on the head with favourite things! I love those RGB keyboards, the Air 240 and that Raijintek AIO!

4. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

They may go the route of black screws.. But still, at that price, I could get new screws and still be cheaper than most the competition!

5. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Yes ... it's just not the way to expose something at the Computex. I'd like a pump/wb/res combo like this one.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Looks to me like they've been taking the screws out to show the radiator behind the fans; note that several screws aren't fully screwed in, and others are missing entirely. I'd imagine they simply put enough screws in far enough that the fans wouldn't fall off, in order to make taking 'em off next time somebody wants a picture of the radiator sans-fans easier. S'what I'd do.

7. David164v8

David164v8 Minimodder

Is the Raijintek also expandable to the GPU etc?

8. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Best of all is they're planning to have them in stores by the end of July! :clap: I emailed them, to check on the release date. As opposed to the date in X weeks time.. (i'm not good with dates!)

@David, it is expandable (standard G1/4 fittings) and apparently the pump *should* be powerful enough to extend with a single GPU block and still work.. Block dependant, i'd assume! So that's me settled on buying one! :hehe:

9. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Got to love the massive air bubble in the tube. Really un-pro display. The idea sounds nice but this is very poor execution.
    Any way is the reservoir not supposed to be at the highest point in the loop to ketch any air in the system? In AIO systems thats not so important because they are supposed to QA to make sure it is 99.9% full. I guess this is just a very early test sample.......

Last edited: 12 Jun 2014
  10. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

air bubble....

11. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

It doesn't matter where in the loop a res is as long as the 'res in' tube is above the 'res out' tube. Air from the 'res in' tube will be pushed through the tubing and once in the res will rise to the top leaving only coolant to continue to flow on and out. To ease this process you can manually hold the res up to the highest point and once the air has entered and separated in the res, move and fix the res to your chosen desired location.

I have recently seen several comments regarding the noise of AIO pumps, as a new comer to this area I want to know 'are they really that loud'? I thought water cooling in general was supposed to lower noise, not increase it.

On a different note, I am very eager for the new Corsair RGB keyboards but the one I would be waiting for (if it was confirmed) would be a K65? version without the number pad. Any news on if Corsair plans to release one at some point in the future?

12. David164v8

David164v8 Minimodder

Great, hopefully its as thin as the H100i to fit in the 250D.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

That eco motherboard is very interesting to me. I'm surprised the premise isn't more common, but just to be clear - is it only software controlled or can you also disable things via EFI/BIOS?. I also don't understand why white PCBs aren't more common. I only remember 1 other white PCB board made by Sapphire.

14. dstarr3

dstarr3 What's a Dremel?

I can't wait for the Logitech G-series keyboards to go mechanical. I have an early G15, and I love the eighteen macro keys, the backlighting, and the screen. The Corsair keyboard above looks brilliant, except it doesn't have the screen I've gotten VERY used to. The screen can be programmed to display so much useful information, I don't think I could do without it anymore.

15. SchizoFrog

Something that I haven't seen covered on Bit-Tech was the new stuff from Cryorig... I have to say that both the CPU Tower coolers and the customisable case fans have me intrigued, although I am not to impressed with the name for the case fan range... RIMS. I mean I don't fancy giving my PC case a RIM job.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/cryorig-r1-c1-h5-rims,27041.html

16. Gareth Halfacree

You mean aside from the news story I wrote covering both those things? :D

17. SchizoFrog

OK, fair enough Gareth you did. They were not covered though as part of Computex where they actually had them on display.

18. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I wish MSI would use that white and lime colorscheme on an ATX motherboard with m.2, and no PCI slots, no vga dsub, or other legacy connectors. It's been way too long since there have been some nice white PCB motherboards. That could be a good move to set themselves apart instead of using black and red like pretty much everyone else on everything.

19. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

That Silverstone prototype successor to the TJ11 looked nuts!
    Can't wait to be able to afford a desk large enough to accommodate it.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You'd need to afford a house large enough to accommodate it. :p

Cryorig RIMS modular fans look cheesecake though.