1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Big_malc, 14 Jun 2014.

1. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

2. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Hope it makes it to PC.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The general feeling is that it will.

I hope so at any rate!

4. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Any updates on this? Will it be the new Elite?

A friend text me the name today and I came in here to find info, only to find this tiny thread.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Basically it's a trailer and that's about all.

I hope there is some kind of gameplay set up at E3 this year. The trailer looks gorgeous and the premise is potentially great too, but it's all what if's at this point.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, they've gone very quiet over the last year, but that's probably a good thing, they've got serious backing now so it could turn out to be pretty special.

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

It looks really nice, but so has every OTHER "we're going to make everything procedurally so we can have a huge universe without a huge asset creation team" fly-around-and-explore-space sim for the last few decades. Infinity: Quest for Earth, Outerra, etc. Infinity is even still going with a really nice engine and some good procedural generation (and several years of dev updates on the physics basis for the generation AND a really fun playable combat demo). The wall that is always run into is that while procedural generation can make very realistic environments on-the-fly quite easily (you're generally modelling physical processes rather than creating from whole cloth) actually turning that into an engine that can generate interesting worlds is quite a bit harder, because the real universe is generally full of boring rocks.
    Basically, what No Man's Sky are trying has been tried before. I'd like to see it succeed for once, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially as there are a total of two trailers worth of footage so far (and lots of recuts of those two trailers for each new event) all with the same small selection of environments and models.

Still don't know why they picked a slightly stretched Ramiel as their logo though.

8. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

That unfortunately makes all too much sense. Thanks.

Let's all cross our fingers...

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

As far as I'm aware, development has been going at a steady pace for this game.
    There's no a great deal of open talk about it in English, but this channel on YouTube constantly talks about it in German:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DasElcaLP

Some recent videos:

Also, I do believe there is a scheduled bit of news or something about the game during E3.
    I recall it being mentioned somewhere in one of the videos on that channel.

On a semi-related note, I'm also glad to see Josh (developer of Limit Theory) is recovering and has returned from his absence since February. Let's hope he's able to get well enough to dive back into working on his game as it's another one that shows a lot of promise for a cracking procedurally generated Sci-Fi game.

10. Qazax

Qazax Fap fap fap

11. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Time to re-bump this.

If you haven't checked it out already this game is going to be massive and is slated for an August release