1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Experiment Nr. 5 (Final pics on page 8)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, 17 Feb 2014.

1. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Hrmmmm Wonder how I managed to miss this....

Subbed, in any case!

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

This looks like a true masterpiece. I've never spent so long on a post in my life, or at least not that I can remember.

Keep up the good work!! :D

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Thanks man! I am still waiting to get those done. Need a whole plate of 20 mm aluminum :(

Glad you liked it:D

Thank you man!

Update to you all! I have been gone for quite some time, and think it is about time that I updated you all with some info.
    First of all, I got a job! Starting next week I will be working at www.bpi.dk as a development engineer! So I am super excited about that!

But lets get to some of the stuff I have been doing since last update. I have a LOT of different stuff, mostly small things I have done, so it might be a bit messy, but here goes!

[​IMG]

So, as in project NV, I wanted to make an interconnect plate for the motherboard components. One of the things that bugged me about N.V. was that it had dual loops. For this build I neither wanted or needed dual loops, so the logic thing was to implement the GPU in the interconnect block.

[​IMG]

The actual block here was cut by a guy well known in the modding scene, Angel_od. Anyone that has seen his work knows that this guy is a friggin champ at machining, and anything he touches instantly turns into awesomeness with fireworks flying left and right, while little mexicans dances and cheers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The general buildup of the block is the same system I used on N.V. For this I decided to go with smaller o-rings, to make it look more sexy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also as in N.V. I put the RAM cooler directly into the acrylic block. This time I made the RAM block the same level as the actual acrylic, also to streamline the design more.

[​IMG]

With the new Bitspower Crystal link fittings. These things are AWESOME by the way:D

[​IMG]

Everything connected without hardware. Thats a lot of acrylic and copper right there:D

[​IMG]

Closeup

[​IMG]

Another angle. You can see where I plan on putting the out and inlet. Might seem like a wierd position, but you will see why later.

[​IMG]

Not a lot of room to work with. And as it turns out, my measurements was wrong, so I actually had to lower the block by 3 mm, causing the two fittings to almost touch!

[​IMG]

More pictures of the block. I really really like how this came out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounting time! This really is a neat little combo. ASUS Impact motherboard, Intel I7 4770K, 16 GB corsair Dominator Ram, 2 x Corsair Neutron GTX 240 gb ssd´s & an ASUS GTX780.

[​IMG]

Now, as I showed before, the position of the inlet/outlet might seem a little strange, but this is because I wanted to have no watercooling other than the blocks in the actual case itself. If you read one of the last updates, you will see that I have made a seperate watercooling box that I will use to cool this and other builds. So all I needed to do was to route the inlet and outlet out of the case.

[​IMG]

Fully mounted. I would go as far as to say that it will be hard to make a completely cooled motherboard + GPU + RAM system any tighter than this :D

You can also see that I startet on the sleeving using E22 telenois Sleeving and E22 cable combs. I have no idea why I have never used them before because they are AWESOME! Next update will contain full sleeving of everything, but I need to order some more combs first:p

[​IMG]

Another closeup. I am still undecided on what dye to use, if any at all.

[​IMG]

The connection between the GPU and the interconnect block.

[​IMG]

And from the rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

two top views.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last but not least, a few pictures of the raw block!

I hoped you enjoyed this, and think it was worth the wait. Next up, I will try and finish the insides before I kill my wallet when starting on getting the outer shell made.

4. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Absolutely awesome!!!! that interconnect is too cool man! You are a huge inspiration! Cant wait for more!!

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Oh, dear. Forced to explain my erection while surfing at a friend's house.

It's good to know AngelOD is still making magic, even from the shadows.
    Also, quit raising the bar!!!:lol:

6. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

That is looking spectacular!

How did he get those channels to be so super clear? Did he polish them afterwards?

Stunning, just stunning.

7. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Great Stuff Hans,liking this very much.

I am now plowing all my spare cash into a mill.

8. -MisterX-

-MisterX- Minimodder

Very inspiring build! Great stuff:D

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That there is some grade A modding!

Buying a mill here myself. And just dropped some money on an ER32 collet set with R8 chuck (for the mill) and an MT2 chuck (for the lathe tailstock), and a set of TiN endmills.

P0pe, dude, you may have to introduce me to Angel_OD because that interconnect is almost exactly the right shape for my setup.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2014
  10. B NEGATIVE

http://www.robocutters.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=TheOXPLUSCNC&cat=45

11. Z0DIAX

Z0DIAX bending alloys

yay... plexi-master pOPe is doing his magic again... we can only droooooool... :thumb:

12. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Almost speechless, that inter-connect is awesome, great imagination and thanks to Angle OD's work, you have one of the finest tube runs I have seen. :thumb: :thumb:

13. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Glad you like it:D I think more people should do interconnect plates like this. It majorly decreases the hassle with tubing and the likes.

Haha thanks Cheaps!

Lots of fluid, and very sharp tools :)

Have a look at the nomad883

Thanks man!

I also really want a mill myself:D Just dont have the room for it at the moment :(

I will try and bring more:D

Thanks man! And yeah, the man is a master with a CNC!

I am almost done with the sleeving for the build:D Update should come soon!

14. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Oh. My. God! It's gorgeous! I'm not really sure what to say but it's friggin' amazing!

Great to know Angel is still working his machining magic, even if it's from behind the scenes! :dremel:

15. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

From seeing early renders of the piece its nice to see it complete. Look forward to seeing the case work more so tho!

16. B NEGATIVE

That nomad is too small Hans.

I want a bit more oomph and work space so it going to be this.

[​IMG]

17. tekonivel

tekonivel Minimodder

WOW! Beaty.

18. y0gi

y0gi What's a Dremel?

Man i looked at those pictures for ages. That's gotta be the sweetest set-up I've ever seen.

Seriously nice work there mate. :rock:

19. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Capolavoro! Another masterpiece!

I think you and Attila are the Jedi of pc-modding...So good that seems factory made-enginereed!

Bravissimo!!!

20. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Nexxo buying a mill: Anyone else notice the subtle little bombs he keeps dropping?
    @B-neg - I can't squint hard enough to see any details on that mill homepage. Before I drop a grand+ on something, I'd like to see more than a 300 pixel image. My question is: How is that driven? I can see motors, but can't see if it's screws, or belts, or (shudder) wheels.