1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm still loving the nemesis clones. I've got two: a generic fasttech clone (probably Tobeco) and a Hcigar clone I picked up in Grey Haze last week. The Hcigar version is a lot pricier - I paid £32 for mine - but it's worth it. Both of my clones have the kick rings, as well as "beauty" rings to accommodate button-top batteries.

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well my Nautalus tank and Vamo V5 are still going strong.

Had one of the batteries stop working though, as when I put it in the Vamo it comes up saying "Short" even though looking at the battery there is nothing wrong, and the other batteries work fine.

Still using the fluid from Scan though as I have now tried about 20 different shops with Menthol flavors and none of them, taste right apart from the one from Scan.

Currently using the 12Mg strength bottle as I ordered the wrong ones, and other than using it abit more I cannot really tell much of a difference between it and the 18Mg one.

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

5. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I picked up a nemesis clone, going great so far. Switch is sturdy and had magnets pre-installed which is even better.

Red astaire by T-juice is a nice cherry tunes clone.

Current ADV is Snake oil though, beautiful citrus/anise/menthol taste. I've just run out :(

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Unless you like mixing your own or buying lots of juice, do not try Red Astaire. Not because there's anything wrong with it, quite the opposite in fact: after several years vaping I can honestly say that this is by far my favourite juice. I can't get enough of this stuff! Red Astaire was what got me in to mixing in the first place, as I couldn't afford to keep buying the pre-mixed version all the time!

7. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Do any of you guys have any idea where I could find a suitable carry case for around 5 tanks, spare battery (18650) and maybe a couple small (10ml) bottles of juice? My Google fu is failing me with this one.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

finally learned how to build my kayfun properly, enjoying it a lot on my 50W box mod

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

10. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

I was not supposed to buy anything for a while.

Got six packages coming from FT whenever that donkey feels like doing its job, some flavors to test and a second-hand Diablo hybrid.

Edit: one of those FT orders is that "DNA30" chip, we'll see how it performs.

11. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

no way, i'm at like 3.8v

13. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

14. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Diablo arrived.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something funny is going on here. Wrapped a rather tight wick from 50x80mm piece of 200 mesh and it lives under 0,8 ohm coil. It overfeeds.

Mine arrived today and you were not kidding. This is after throwing it on and a VTC4 in the tube.

[​IMG]

Ridiculous.

15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

16. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

This post made me order some of the Red Astire to try - now I'm hooked dammit!

Seems to taste/smell more of Grenadine to me more than anything else.

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Panic bought some RA concentrate after seeing the potential take down threads, would be nice to find another flavour to go alongside my current 2 taste stable

18. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

19. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I've been having a vaping nightmare of late.

None of my kayfun clones will wick properly for more than a few hours, regardless of coil size, setup, resistance, or wick setup. I've even replaced the o rings. I'm probably going to attempt drilling out the channels with a dremel when I get my hands on one.

Additionally, while fiddling I just accidentally shorted one of them and fried my boxmod. Proper magic smoke coming out of the USB port and everything. Battery didn't vent, thankfully. Seems the implementation of short protection on these DNA30 clones is inconsistent, so that's something to look out for if you've got one. I took the electronics cover off to inspect the damage, but the internals are a hotglued monstrosity and I'm guessing it's SMD stuff that I can't repair by hand anyway.

With regards to the Kick 2 vs. the boxmod, didn't personally notice much of a difference between 15W on either, but of course it isn't authentic like yours jrs. My nemesis works really well with the kick but I agree that 18350 life is pathetic -- I carry 3 on me at all times and they're never out of the charger.

20. jrs77

jrs77 Modder