1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Steam Summer Sale 2014

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by HeaverNothing, 19 Jun 2014.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Expansions are worth it; even without the expansions there are quite a lot of mods available, some of the bigger, better ones require at least Dawnguard.

It's just an amazing RPG, even without the expansions and i've soaked... about 1000 hours easy into it, that doesn't include modding stuff.

In other news, I got Sleeping Dogs and Counter Strike: GO. I'm not a counter strike fan, but my mrs. is a fan, so I had to buy it for her. I'm a fan of RPGs and Adventure, not FPS and military simulation.

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for that. I grabbed this as I loved playing Ace Combat back in the day on PS2 :D

3. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

I'm considering Civ V. Loved 2, 3, & 4 when I was younger though I have much less time to play these days. I'm sure it's been the same price in the last few sales. With the new Civ/Alpha Centauri game later this year, the price will surely drop at some point soon, wont it?

Also is it worth getting the complete edition for 11.54? It's only 66% off for some reason.

Any thoughts?

4. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

Yes Civ V complete edition is the way to go. Highly recommended, it'll suck up your time though:)

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I was only going to buy Project Zomboid this sale but have also bought Metro: Last Light and I've just caved in and bought Assetto Corsa.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I bought a couple of games, and dlc cheaper. Overall kind of disappointed with the sale.

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I'm carrying more tat than Steptoe's cart (I hope these spider's eggs are safe to carry :worried:) and I met a poet.

My Skyrim journey has begun. :)

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I've bought:

The Chaos Engine (One of my fav Amiga games)

Batman: Arkham City GOTY

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

One Way Heroics

Velvet Assassin

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Is it just me but anyone else feel it has been a pretty poor sale so far?

10. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

What I've found is that with the exception of pretty old game (say 3+ years) most of the discounts haven't been much to write home about. There are the odd exception like Skyrim for less than £4 is a lot of content for the cash but even that's been out for 3 years (almost) now.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I agree. I had a look at my wish-list and not one game has come up as yet. I can count on less than one hand how many games I have bought. Still another couple of days to go so here's hoping for at least one decent game at a reasonable discount.

12. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Wolfenstein is now up for £17.50 which is a pretty good price & Broken Age is in the flash sales for 66% off (think it was around £8).

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, but we've been doing this for years, so its no surprise that more recent sales have less content to interest us.

I mean, if you were new and got GTA4 and ALL the DLC for £6 you'd been pretty happy about that! Plenty of other examples too!

14. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Change from £20 would of got you
    All three BioShock games
    Sleeping dogs
    Deus Ex HR
    Dishonoured
    Skyrim

And for another £20
    GTA pack
    Far Cry 3
    Witcher 2
    Tomb Raider
    New Vegas

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The Steam Summer Adventure - last point on the map and, oh look, all five teams have miraculously got over half a million points each - within a couple of thousand points of each other.

Every other round has been won by a f***ing huge margin, but nooooo not this time. Talk about contrived.

BTW, it's "would have" or "would've", not "would of".

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I think the sale has been pretty decent, it depends on the games you've been eying up of course but I've been able to strike off 3 games from my wish list so I'm happy enough.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I'm lucky I got to buy any games at all, as the sales always seem to happen when I'm flat broke.

I thought the sale was fairly decent. If I had had more than a few quid to spend I would have picked up several more games.

18. rollo

rollo Modder

Alot of people pick up steam games cheaper elsewhere even when they are on sale. The only stuff I really look at in steam sale is early access stuff.

As 99% of the rest can be picked up for pretty similar money elsewhere at any time.

Wolfenstien for an example has been on kinguin for about 2months at £18 ish. so the £17.50 its on steam sale for is nothing really special.

Not sure if Valve set new game prices or publishers but pc gaming is slowly but surely getting more expensive to play.

19. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I grabbed Payday 2, Baldur's Gate 2 and Planetary Annihilation.

EAs fault, every new game seems to want to be £50+

20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Am i right in thinking the last day of the steam sale brings back most of what was on sale earlier for one last chance to grab something you might have missed?

If so i could well be tempted by Arma 3 if it returned at the price they had it for