1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

My DR Neon strings arrived just in time for the big show I'm playing this weekend... :p

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

New pine bed frame, a clean out tomorrow means I purge all my junk one day I'll move out with really quality furniture and only important stuff with me.

I'm defiantly losing the weight I want, I've started slipping in more body weight exercises because I eventually want to put on some muscle mass, I'm losing it at a safe pace and what's recommended, I just don't want to push myself under what I consider a healthy weight. (although today has turned into a massive cheat day)

Last edited: 24 Jun 2014
  3. marlowdrummer

marlowdrummer Minimodder

Just accepted an offer on my old flat. £9k above the home report valuation (and what I was expecting) and they want a 4 week entry.
    Perfect!

4. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Passed my theory test, 46/50 on the questions and 61/75 on the hazard perception :)

5. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Finally finished A Level exams last week! feelsgoodman.jpg

6. DeadP1xels

Finally getting a few more hours at work, I've always been on a crappy contract all the way through Uni and stuff so I barely get through the month eating.

Made a pledge to not spend anything unnecessary at least till I get paid, hopefully put money back into my second account and start building it back to the days I had a good some of money saved for a rainy day

Also: after being £80 overdrawn finally got prize money through and a refund for something I sent back putting me back to a cool £50 its not a lot but its positive

Just put my work trousers back on after almost 2 weeks holiday and they just slipped on... there a size smaller (because I've had them for 4 years) so their usually so tight I have to suck in to get them on.

I'm so excited all this hard work is doing something, I can't wait to get to my target weight in about 4 weeks (if all goes to plan) and swap some cardio for free weight exercises (when I can afford dumbbells :p) and do a fall body workout with a good balanced diet.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2014
  7. Matticus

Matticus ...

In the mean time, squats, lunges, push ups (with various hand positions), chin/pull ups, and dips with a chair are all awesome resistance work without needing any equipment, providing you can find a bar or something else suitable to do the pull/chin ups.

Some of the best core work doesn't require any specific equipment, crunches, planks (and variations), Russian twists (just hold a football or bag of rice etc), dynamic floor stuff like mountain climbers.

There are also plenty of things round the house you could use to supplement your workout, while working up to heavier squats, I have done some squat and lunge routines with my gym bag evenly loaded with stuff wrapped in heavy towels - it worked out at about 15kg! I wouldn't really recommend that for anything else as my shoulders spread the weight evenly, if you tried to bench or curl that the weight would shift all over the place.

On gumtree there are always people getting rid of old gym gear, I wouldn't be surprised if you could pick up some dumbell bars, a long bar, and weights for well under £20!

8. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

New strings on my bass. :D

9. DeadP1xels

Yeah, I've been doing the basics push ups, sit ups, crunches, leg raises, lunges, squats and the sort

I injured my wrist (que masturbation jokes) being kicked in taekwondo so I'm trying not to make it any worse.

Never thought of gumtree! will give that a look now :thumb:

Last edited: 27 Jun 2014
  10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If you're masturbating whilst being kicked in taekwondo then I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're doing it wrong :lol:

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Drunken spanking-the-monkey style...

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Stuffed up a drop on my bike today, went flying arse over tits into a gorse bush at great speed... and I'm fine*!

*Except for forearms that look like tenderised beef chops.

13. DeadP1xels

I gave you the chance and you ruined it!

For me: My dad is ridiculously supportive although not easy to follow, we're watching glasto and he keeps saying like "I want you to be engineering on stuff like this, the stuff you like, like sound and music" I think he just wants an excuse to go to festivals

I need to get a new job soon.

I'm going to get on it applying this week, I need to get in full time work,

Last edited: 28 Jun 2014
  14. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Google glass currently makes my life awesome.

I decided to head out into London and really test out some of the apps.

Navigation works perfectly, I spoke to it the entire time giving directions to various places and it was flawless., didn't have to repeat myself once, I'm guessing it has to do with the jawbone audio sensor.

The movie trailers app is awesome, I just looked at the posters on the side of buses or walls and it loaded the trailer for me.

Ar Wikipedia also awesome, information on my current surroundings, tourist sites etc.

The whatsapp relay app worked great.

Phone calls and texts were no problem.

The language translation app actually worked in China town, whether it was accurate I don't know lol, but most seemed to make sense.

Camera was great, allowing me to instantly share onto my Facebook and Twitter

The barcode scanner worked well

Speech to text was awesome I can be listening to music in both ears and still have someone talking to me lol, surprisingly accurate.

Bottom line, they are actually useful and very usable.

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

15. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Stop making me have the wants!

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Tell me about it. This forum gives me the wants every single day. The mech keyboard thread, the latest purchases thread, hardware bargains, marketplace... It never ends!

Last edited: 28 Jun 2014
  17. KidMod-Southpaw

Even Tad's AV room upgrade has confirmed to me that I have infact been subconsciously planning what I want my home interior to be like all these years, money pending of course. :(

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Have I missed something? I didn't know he'd started... I feel a serious case of the wants coming on again!

19. DeadP1xels

Gnarwolves tickets came through the post this morning.

Going to be a good night :) still going to be 4 weeks away though

20. KidMod-Southpaw

New house, DIY, electronics, AV pron and tools. Look at your peril, sir!

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=276519