1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

And so it begins :D I've been paying Skyrim for ages, actually spent as much time modding it as playing and when I saw Skyrim running with an ENB mod I was so impressed I bought a GTX 780 so I could play it with an ENB mod running all the time, loads of mods here but be beware, it can be addictive :thumb:

I also find the game very atmospheric and it can look so real at times it stops me dead in my tracks, I'm using about 60 mods and a Project ENB.

One of my favourite Skyrim videos :hip:

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Great isn't it?

I like the look of those mods but I'm not sure how my GTX580 would cope with only 1.5GB VRAM. To be honest though, having only recently upgraded to the 580, I'm still enjoying the benefits it brings over my previous graphics card so the game looks great to me with just the official high res texture DLC. One of the upsides of being a late adopter is that I'm relatively easily pleased. :D

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I find that ENBs don't add much to the experience plus you lose a lot of the smoothness. I prefer the FXAA Injector with some Sweet FX shaders, it looks just as good plus the game is still smooth.

With an ENB, you can be running it at 60FPS but it's still... sluggish.

P.S I hate climates of Tamriel, it's buggy as hell and god awful clashing with other mods. I mixed pure weathers with other weather mods to tailor it to my own wishes. CoT is an 'all in one' pack that isn't very modular, you have to use what they want you to use otherwise it clashes even more with other mods. Plus you need a massive slew of compatibility patches because it messes so much up.

High res Texture pack eww.... Go to the Skyrim Nexus and get Skyrim 2K now!!!:D

BTW Umbra, I have nearly 200 mods, i'm in the deep end of Skyrim modding. I need to use tes5edit to make anything work properly as well as wrye bash. I spend more time modding the damn thing than actually playing it =p

Last edited: 28 Jun 2014
  4. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Been playing Batman Arkham Origins quite a bit since it was on sale a few days back for £5.74, really good but more of the same as the previous 2 games, must admit I do prefer it over Arkham City and it has been properly optimised for PC over City.

Just picked up Dragonfall for Shadowrun, going to start that addon tomorrow and I'm still playing through X Com Enemy Unknown, bit of a change of pace to Batman and Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Just had a look at that, cheers. Is it just a case of downloading the various individual "SHD FULL" elements (Dungeons, Landscape, Misc, Riften, Towns) from here and copying them to my Skyrim folder?

Edit: Meanwhile, here's a selfie of my mean Skyrim self shortly before escaping Bleak Falls Barrow with the Golden Claw and completing my first quest. Note the whistful stare. :hip:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Jun 2014
  6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Just finished my first and last playthrough of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons which I got cheap in the sale.

7/10

I enjoyed it for the couple of hours it lasted, but I'm glad it ended when it did. Fairly moving theme and original gameplay (for me anyway).

7. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

If you want to get into skyrim screenshots using the console makes it a lot easier and allows free camera movement so you can take shots from virtually any angle, you can also change the field of view for wide angle or close up shots.

You can do a lot from the console including fun stuff like place anything you want next to you, rabbits, dragons, just about anything, but remember that anything that can attack you will still do so, 20 rabbits was fun, 4 dragons wasn't :eeek:
    Info on using the console here.

If you need any info on modding checkout Gophers videos, he's a mod builder and knows what he's talking about and his videos are excellent.

8. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I'll not get into the what's a good fps argument :D but I find 60fps is fine, the problem with skyrim is the physics can go all weird if you use much more than 60fps, you can get flying animals and strange anomalies.

I can imagine trying to get 200 mods to cooperate can be a problem, I use HD 2K textures but I use the Lite versions as I play at 1920x1080 and I can't see much difference using the full 4K versions, also static mesh improvement mod and some of the bigger mods like Enhanced Lights and FX, WATER and lots of small HD mods for books, rugs, furniture, etc.

I also use Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) which is good for tweaking mods like Convenient Horses, (one of my fav mods) and Wet and Cold and Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival, I'm sure I could find 200 mods to use but my game looks good and is very stable at the moment so I'm reluctant to mess with it anymore and I try and stay away from nexus and not be tempted by more mods :rolleyes:

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Chaos Engine. That's what I've been playing, weeeeee! This takes me back to good times. :D

10. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Thanks for all the Skyrim info folks. I got the NMM last night and installed the 2K textures, the high quality world map will be next on the list I think. :thumb:

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dust: An Elysian Tail

12. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Battlefield 4 - I was put off by the issues reported early on but Amazon's £14 deal persuaded me and I have to admit to loving it (an just upgraded to premium). Are there any Bit-tech or Custom PC servers/clans?

13. Darkwisdom

I'd use the 'Mod Organiser', harder to learn but 100% more effective at managing your mods.

14. Darkwisdom

I use Requiem, it's a hassle to get right but he challenge is worth it. Plus I need to use quite a lot of compatibility patches. Although i've recently found the Skydie mod, which increases difficulty but without all of the game breaking changes. It seems to work with Skyre as well. I also use stuff like Frostfall, but I also use a lot of hunting mods like Hunterborn, which need compatibility patches for things like pure waters.

I run at least 60FPS as well, but I find that with ENB, even if you're running at 60FPS, the game is still slow and sluggish. Also, I recently OC'ed my monitor to 75Hz, it makes quite a bit of difference.

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Picked up Xenonauts the other day and have been loving it! Vicious in terms of difficulty, but oh so rewarding :)

16. phem0r

phem0r What's a Dremel?

I've owned it since day one and whilst all the bugs and brokenness shouldn't of been there in the first place, it is still a great game i think. Just a shame the release was so shoddy!

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Trying to wade through my list of unplayed titles, :D

Currently on Assassins Creed 4, that I got with graphics card.
    Really good, love the sailing and pirating. Movement on land is good, sometimes doesn't do what you think it's going to do, which has ended in a few suicide jumps. :D

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Taking a break from Dragon Age Origins to play Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

I haven't played much but so far it's bloody good fun! Taking down a Metal Gear Ray as a cyborg ninja is too awesome.

19. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

I bought BF3 early and regretted it since my account got hacked and it took the best part of ta year to resovle it thanks to EA requiring you to have access to your account to raise an incident. Glad I waited for this one to drop in price and get some issues resolved as I'm really enjoying it.
    Missing my Veteran's M1 Garand though!

20. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Just finished main story on Batman Arkham Origins, got around half of the Riddlers Extortion files and done half of the crime scene bits and only 39% complete, something tells me going to be on a while with this to get 100% or near as possible, then also have the Season Pass for it so I also have the Mr Freeze Campaign and the Bruce Wayne campaign to do.

Think I will play a bit more Shadowrun Dragonfall now before heading back to Gotham