1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Ah, my Kick2 is authentic, as I couldn't find a clone that does 15W :D

I'm not dripping as much as you do which might have something to do with the difference, as well.

Expensive yeah, but I'm getting that clones are inconsistent, to say the least. These kayfuns are seriously p-ing me off -- I've just rebuilt one and it's vaping like a champ, but I bet tomorrow morning it'll be dry hit city. I'm pretty much settled and happy with my gear and juice now, I just wish it would work properly, damnit :D

I also wish the proper high end stuff was priced more reasonably -- surely you shouldn't have to pay the earth for a decently milled piece of tube? It'd help if half the stuff was actually available as well...

Last edited: 3 Jul 2014
  2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  3. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

I went through the same kind of stuff... I tried different RBAs, cheap and genuine stuff, but really can't justify the 70 squids tag on the Kayfun when I have a kayfun clone that works oh so well for a fraction of that price...

This said, I couldn't agree more with the Atmizoo mods, I have a Dingo, a Guppy/Bayou and the Lab and there are worth every penny in terms of build quality and durability. Bottom switch are always a pain ergonomically for me!

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Holy crap this stuff smells bloody marvelous:rock: got to wait until Monday to try it :waah: stupid steeping.

5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

6. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

7. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

HELP PLEASE!
    Just started on e-cigs and am looking for something that lets me add my own liquids as opposed to buying replacement cartomizers. Also I need to know if it can be shipped internationally to me as I'm in Africa.

I saw at the beginning of this thread that the starter kit on ecigwizard was recommended, but I need a whole bunch of accessories and liquids to last me at least a couple of months.

Would anyone care to list a kit and also the accessories for me? I have no idea what I'm doing.

This is what I have in mind so far, which might be total garbage for all I know.

[​IMG]

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

What I've used since November and is still going strong is the following;

1) Joyetech eGo Vivi Nova SLIM StarterKit Double - €52
    [​IMG]

2) VG Unflavoured 125ml - UK Sourced - 5.4% (54MG) - €26.53 (125ml bottle)

3) VG Base - 100ml x 2 - €4.26

4) Coil Heating Haead Unit for Clearomizer Vivi Nova CC 3.5ml (x6) - ~€12

5) 10ml empty plastic bottle with safe needle - €0.71

All-in, it's cost me €120 and I have enough liquid and wicks to last me over a year.

Worked a treat for me so far. I make my own DIY mix, making it weaker every time I refill the bottle. It may not be as high-tech as some of the setups here, but I'm more than happy with it and it's saving me a fortune.

9. digitaldunc

Nealieboyee,

The general consensus seems to be that the EVOD starter kits are the best to get going with, although I'd say the 650mAh batteries that are included are a little on the small size. In any case I'd avoid CE4/5 type clearos, the ones I've had have been terrible.

Tobacco flavours are pretty hit or miss and don't generally taste like cigs, most people end up ditching them for something else.

In any case I'd recommend trying a variety of liquids before you commit to ten bottles of anything that may potentially be too weak/strong for you, and you don't like the taste of.

HTH :)

10. Nealieboyee

Thanks man. So If I order say THIS, is it as simple as just adding a few extra clearomizers and my eliquid of choice?

I'm looking for at least a couple of months supply, and if anything should break/die then I need to make sure I have extras. The coil is built into the clearomizer isnt' it (on the one I linked)?

Edit: Ninja'd. Ok so I'll stay away from the CE4and 5's. I'm not in a position to try liquids as I live overseas and we don't even have a McDonalds here. E Cigarettes/Vaping here are non-existant, unless you're using disposables.

11. saspro

saspro IT monkey

It's not a bad kit to start on. I'd add a couple more clearo's or a proper tank (like the protank or protank mini) as those CE5's have a habit of dying quickly

12. Nealieboyee

Which part of those clearo's dies? If its the coil, am I not better off with something that I can change coils on?

13. Nealieboyee

I'm not worried about price at the moment (to a degree). I just want something that works and will work for a long time. Liquids I can take care of. But everything else is a bit daunting. Its like looking at watercooling bits!

14. digitaldunc

Indeed, you'd be looking at EVOD/Protank/Nautilus or similar for replaceable coils.

Nautilus is generally recommended as the best tank system with pre-built coils but they are quite expensive compared to other tank systems.

15. saspro

saspro IT monkey

A protank or protank mini with a pack of replacement coils (go for 1.5 ohm ones) will last you a while and give good results.

16. Nealieboyee

How does this look? Reliable? Added a steel tank because I'm scared of dropping glass....

In addition to this do I just need liquids?

[​IMG]

17. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Should work nicely

18. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

someone needs to put together a list of things newbies should buy - as I'm in the same position as nealieboyee. I want one of these fancy mechs but I have no idea where to start! I need to stop smoking the cigs :)

19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'd go for an MVP and a protank mini.