1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows office 2013 Odd question

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazyg1zm0, 25 Jul 2014.

1. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hi guys

I have a slightly odd question and follow up question for you so stay with me for a few mins.

We have just rolled out office 2013 at the company I do 2nd Line for. my overall office experience short of being able to use and troubleshoot standard user issues is not great so I am coming to you guys.

Here is my issue, The Bloody Ribbon does my sodding head in not because its there but because its HUGE, Now let me say at work I use a 24" screen which is display ported into my laptop. If i use my 24" screen the size is usable but when im on my laptop (when im at a different site) The ribbon is taking about a 1.5" bar of my screen and its doing my head in.

Now i tried for a while to re-size it but my google-fu is not very strong and all I could find was the instructions to change to tab view which isnt what I want as it didnt seem like a permanent solution to my issues as I do like the ribbon but its too big.

So Is it possible to re-size it in the settings?

my other question is along the same vein but a bit more complicated.
    -Would it be possible to create a small program that will essentially have a slider that would allow me to re-size the bar and then once i click apply it resizes the ribbon in all the 2013 software.

Tbh the software is a pipedream but if you can help me atleast re-size it that doesnt involve hiding it i will be thankful

Pete

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC you can't make the icons *smaller* [you can only turn on 'touch mode' which makes them bigger, but you may want to check you've not enabled that by mistake], but you can set it to auto-hide... right-click one of the 'tabs' and there'll be an option for 'Collapse the Ribbon'

You can do the same in [file] explorer on 8.x, except the option is labelled 'Minimise Ribbon' there iirc...

GoodBytes likes this.
  3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yup. RedFlames says it all.
    The size of the ribbon bar has not changed since Office 2007.
    It's probably you enabled by mistake touch mode, or your laptop has a touch screen, which makes it enabled by default. Just disable it, and you'll be good.

4. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

That sounds like the ticket cheers guys

5. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

Control+F1

RedFlames likes this.
  6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

That's the KB shortcut for 'Collapse Ribbon', +rep for it anyway...