1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Bush 39" 4K 30Hz TV @Argos

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trueno!, 25 May 2014.

1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Last edited: 10 Aug 2014
  2. Deders

Deders Modder

Would you actually be streaming 4K content?

I can't see that you'd need 4k for Youtube.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Bush are awful! God, no way I'd touch that POS with a bargepole.

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Why have you started a second thread? You could have kept this to one thread.

5. jimbaw

jimbaw What's a Dremel?

for that price, I'd get a proper 28" 4k monitor. samsung, asus and lg (amongst other) have got proper 4k monitor for that price.

6. trueno!

No I won't be doing that, it's just for the areal estate so that I can zoom in on YouTube web page so that the video quality defaults to 720p / 1080p ( getting a bit frustrated that I have to change every youtube video to 720p / 1080p when not in full screen mode ), and stream other video @720p / 1080p content at full screen with little video degradation... :3

Point Noted...

Because this subject isn't related to the original thread as this one isn't going to be used as a main display for internet, gaming, working whereas the other thread is all about that plus I don't want to go astray with the Korean monitor subject!.. :p

Because I have vouchers and nectar points I can spend together only at Argos!.. :3

7. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

I would question the benefit of a really rubbish 4K TV over a top quality 1080p.

I mean, 4K generally means improved image quality, but poor quality TV means decreased image quality, so they'll probably negate at best.

Furthermore, most of the content you'll play will be 1080p or lower, and the TV will have to upscale. If it screws that up, the content will look really, really rubbish - and a budget TV probably will.

If you've got the vouchers and nectar points, surely Argos have a better option @ 1080p?

8. trueno!

I've seen a couple of video reviews of the Seiki 39" 4K which is sold in the US and they say it isn't half bad for that everyday work display and it also seems to be the same as this BUSH tv so it shouldn't be that much different in comparison!..

And also I shall re-quote the below statement...

9. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Take a punt on it, if it is crap take it back.

Argos are good with returns.

Decent price for a 4k screen.

10. trueno!

Not sure if this is one of the items that is NOT part of the 30 day return policy when opened?.. I couldn't see anything regarding this!..

Last edited: 26 May 2014
  11. boltonuk007

boltonuk007 What's a Dremel?

If anything its a positive sign that prices are moving in the right direction. I read recently that 4K will be replaced by 8K not long after sales pick up, just like when 720p tvs came out it wasn't long before 1080p was the standard, worth a thought.

12. rollo

rollo Modder

not as easy to jump from 4k to 8k its more than double the data rate for example. Your average uncompressed stream is looking at 30-40mb / sec.

The 4k streams netflix is offering is like 1080p blue rays when they were launched.

13. trueno!

Yeah, hopefully it will be the trend, but I don't think 8K will replace 4K it'll be more like the premium resolution just like 2560x1600/2560x1440 is over 1920x1200/1920x1080!.. For now I think the norm will be 4K for the people who can afford it, 1080p for the masses and 8K for the rich!..

And I very much agree...

14. trueno!

OP updated!..

And now Argos is doing the Samsung U28D590DS 28 Inch Ultra-HD LED Monitor for collection within 4 days of reserving it... Would I be better going with that for the intended usage as said in the OP?..

What are your thoughts?.. :D

15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

The Samsung is a monitor, not a TV, so it doesn't have speakers.

And I agree with Deders... is it really necessary to get a 4K TV for streaming only? You could spend less money and get a far better quality display (a VA panel) on which streaming content would look fantastic.

16. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

If you want screen real estate, then I can heartily recommend the Samsung.

17. trueno!

As I said before, the screen areal estate will allow me to zoom the YouTube video window on the web page to increase the size of the video part and force it to default the video quality to 1080p, in doing this I can avoid having to fullscreen every time I want highest quality video!.. At the moment on my 1080p TV the video ( when zoomed in ) window on YouTube defaults to 720p when 1080p is available and I'm getting fed up of having to changing it to 1080p every time I choose a YouTube video to watch!..

If you would like an illustration here is a screenshot below!.. :p
    [​IMG]

18. trueno!

Shame it's a 28" and not a 32" monitor!.. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would be going from 32" TV to a 28" monitor?!. Other than video everything else would look too tiny for me to read off if I was to use this as a normal day to day usage monitor!..

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

For someone who goes to great, great lengths to haggle every last penny off the postage of items being donated in the marketplace, isn't it a bit... frivolous... to desire a 4K panel for the sole purpose of being able to watch a 1080p YouTube video in the browser window?

Or is it just me? :confused:

20. trueno!

If I didn't mentioned it before, I've got vouchers from work and nectar points that I can spend together at Argos, so a 4K TV / monitor is the best thing I can think of getting from Argos, but, yes, it's gotta be at a price I'm prepared to spend my vouchers and nectar points on, so, yeah, still looking out for a deal!.. :3

EDIT: Please keep on topic, I just want feedback on the OP not random comments! Thanks... :D

Last edited: 10 Aug 2014