1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft promises to treat PCs better

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 15 Aug 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. jcb121

jcb121 What's a Dremel?

now all they just have to ditch uplay.

3. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

to be honest i'm more concerned with quality over speed. won't mind waiting an extra month or two as long as they actually optimize the game for pc o.o

4. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

so £40 for Far Cry 4 and £50 & £60 for The Crew is part of treating Pc Gamers better is it?

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

If that means they aren't going to gimp anymore titles on the PC (allegedly) I'm all for it, but actions speak louder than words.

6. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

Great! I've been looking forward to the death of uplay.

If that's not what you mean Ubisoft, then you're lying. But I guess we knew that already.

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, my Ubiboycott remains in place.

8. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

releasing on all systems at the same time is good yes, but they have to go a step further, and release the game at the same time in all countries. I am fed up of games coming out first in america and a week later in UK.
    I was forced to pirate watch dogs because it was released elsewhere first, and was already cracked a week before it even was available to buy in the UK. I did buy the game because I thought it was worth it and wanted to play multiplayer. But there should be no reason why they cant release a game at the same time for everyone, at least digitally.

Last edited: 16 Aug 2014
  9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Forced to steal ? That's a new one on me, maybe if you were starving and needed to feed yourself or your family i could understand, but no one forced you to steal something even if you did later pay for it because you though what you had stolen was worth paying money for.

10. Syphadeus

Syphadeus What's a Dremel?

Corky is right. Plus I don't recall this big release date delay for Watch Dogs. Yes it was cracked and could be downloaded a week before but the official release digitally was THE SAME in all territories.

I don't think Ubi wanted it out, yet you're justifying your actions as though they decided to stagger the release dates in different regions when they didn't.

11. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

i said forced to pirate not steal. I already had it purchased on Uplay and just had to sit around for no good reason to wait for it to be released. a crack came out and I used it. That is not stealing to me, sure it might be against terms of service but its wrong anyway, it was available on consoles before PC iirc

12. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

You weren't forced to do anything.

Anyway... Anyone know why The Crew has suddenly disappeared from Steam, could it because of the mountain of hate created by it's £50 pricetag?

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Sounds like they've taken some advice from EA if they're pricing it at that!

14. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Oh look another developer saying they're try harder to make their games better on pc. We've definitely never heard anyone say this before.

15. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm getting a sense of déjà vu; I'm sure I've heard this from them before.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It's almost as though developing a game is taking longer and requires more people to work on it nowadays (not to mention inflation), eh?

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

more like how much money is being wasted in the industry. seriously AAA development is about as inefficient as it comes.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Just like any large scale project. The more ambitious it is, the more supporting staff etc. you need: efficiency goes down.

19. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Sounds just like that time I was forced to kill all those people in Sainsbury's that time they had only one till open.

Of course some people may think bad of me because I was committing a crime because of my own impatience, but remember... they forced me to do it.

20. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Meanwhile at Ubisoft....

[​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags