1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

3 hours of googling, command prompt, and god knows what else and the phone is officially soft-bricked. It's beyond my skill, and at the very least, I tried, very hard. Worse, I put so much pressure on myself, I just feel so drained, especially when things don't go my way.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

New cooker arrived today ( YAY )

smashed glass panel in the front and they cant get a new one out to us till friday

microwave meals till then i guess

3. mansueto

My 1TB storage drive is dying on me. No games tonight, lots of backing up to do, spending what's left in my stash on a new drive. Blah. I at least managed to get my pictures and media off of the drive.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Saturday Monument Nutters...

for those who don't know Newcastle or what i'm on about, in the centre of Newcastle there is Grey's Monument ['The Monument'], and often, typically on a saturday, it gets swarmed by shouty nutters and/or chuggers [often both]...

Today it got descended on by the EDL, and the 'Save Gaza' lot and a couple other groups all trying to out shout each other and caught in the middle was a local food market, only no-one went anywhere near it because of the ****tards shouting at each other... Even trying to avoid them you still end up surrounded by eedjits and trying to supress the urge to punch someone...

Last edited: 16 Aug 2014
  5. mansueto

Reminds me of the people who harass you downtown with flyers and try to talk to you / convince you about something you don't even care about. I got my headphones on, and I'm walking, let me be, damn it!

6. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I once saw a near fist fight between Cancer Reaserch and World Vision.

World Vision had taken their spot in town and set up first...

Quite sad but hightly entertaining!

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

F***in' family.

Basically, my brother is our family's golden boy, can do no wrong. Parents give him thousands of pounds to 'help him out' and never even lend me so much as a penny, not even if their grandchildren desperately needed it; which has happened and we've become better money handlers for dealing with such problems instead of running to mummy and daddy.

I thought me and my other older brother were united in how sick we are of it all, but he's suddenly spending all his time with him, and everybody 'forgets' to ask me if I'm interested in participating with any of their activities; even if it was a beer and some video games, I don't have any friends.. I'd be pretty game for it, as a change, you know?

They decided to go golfing with my father and my brother's other mate, and only ask me because my dad asked them to. Not really my thing, I said no; "ah you never want to do anything when we ask, you're so selfish" I had an argument with both of my brothers, and my father gets involved, saying I never go and see my niece(golden boy's daughter) etc. They never come and see any of their nieces? They don't even buy them birthday or christmas presents, not even so much a crappy 99p card?!

I basically said i'm never seeing any of them again. They have no contact from now on. This is their mess and I'm not apologizing because they don't want to see me and only do so when my father asks. And I'm about to give in and see them because they suddenly feel bad? Fat F***ing chance in hell. This has been a long time coming anyway; anytime I see either of them, it's a game of one upmanship I don't like to get sucked into. I hate my brother, seriously and genuinely hate the man. He hit me and beat me plenty when we were children, almost as bad as the bullies; but he was my brother, there's a difference. I wouldn't save the man from being hit by a bus - Horrible to admit but I'd seriously have to think about it if the situation arises.

Guess they're going to have to start paying full price for all of their computer support. Which when they can't take care of anything, is going to be damn expensive. Hah.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2014
  8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My friend hasn't left me alone since I've gotten into a relationship, I hadn't heard from him in weeks and now Its practically everyday he wants to do something that usually includes a pint or spending money I don't have.

I want to meet up more often because I want to make sure we're always in touch.

I went out last night and hit the kebab shop early to go back to his with some beers, All day I've felt terrible in my stomach I haven't thrown up nor had a similar effect down south I just feel really off and that's the only thing I had eaten that wasn't normal.

I'm really trying to hold money back but I can feel it slipping away from me slowly, I want to be able to do spontaneous days out with her but if meeting up with mates now consistently includes spending money every time I'm just going to end up skint again.

Now matter how much I tell him I'm trying to be money conscious, he always ends up calling me up to the pub and then wonders why I can't.

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

[​IMG]

Do people still fall for this? =/

10. ceryni

ceryni Idiot

Put my imminent dissertation deadline I'm not ready for into perspective.
    :/ dude.
    Hey well if its any consolation I have no friends I can play games with or have a beer with either!

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

No, but now that your private email address has been published on a national forum, expect a 12% increase in spam messages going forward :p

12. Scroome

Scroome Modder

12%.......How specific.

And how would you know then ;)

Not ruining my life by any means, but I'm getting married in just over three weeks and crap myself mode has been activated.

13. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Our thoughts are with you.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Run away! Quick, before she notices...

15. Scroome

Scroome Modder

He, but sigh, if only I could.

I think my family would hunt me down and drag me back to the altar.......

To be honest, all we talk about it what we could be buying, if we weren't having the wedding. The idea at first was to have a nice cheap and cheerful ceremony at the registry office and then elope to BoraBora for a month. But noooo.....my family had other ideas.

I don't normally fold to family pressure, but the application was so subtle this time that before I knew it, there was a whole wedding arranged.....

16. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Are your families paying for the wedding? No? Then tell them to kindly mind their own business and let you & the soon-to-be missus organise it based on your own budget...

Or, you could both just elope and get married 'in secret' somewhere quiet with a few friends as to act as witnesses. Your families might hate you for it, but screw em', it's your wedding afterall... :D

17. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I'm not even sure how it ended up like this.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be an awesome day, but just how I ended up spending so much.

Can you imagine the rig I could have build for 25K?!

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Sounds a lot like our wedding. My wife didn't want anything big at all for our civil one, the handfasting which was going to take place later was far more important.

We started out with just us and 2 witnesses at the register office and ended up with 20 or so plus a LOAD more back at my parent's house afterwards.

Still, managed to get 2 weddings, 2 honeymoons , clothes AND rings out of £1000 with change left over.

Which was nice.

19. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Mines not until next may and Im in this mode already! Being squeezed for every penny I have and will for the next 6months+ Hopefully it doesn't ruin the relationship not being able to do anything etc..

20. Scroome

Scroome Modder

It doesn't, but wave goodbye to your sex life in the final three months ;)

We're lucky enough to have taken on a wedding planner for the whole thing. We are getting married in Portugal and thought it would be easier to have someone with local experience. She's been well worth the cost.

It now feels like every other day we're fielding questions from someone. The caterer, the hotel, the band, the celebrant, the photographer etc.....

My friend compared getting married to getting pregnant. By the end of it, you're terribly excited but at the same time you just want it to be done with, so you can get back to having a life.

I'd say she was 100% accurate on that one :)