1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Had one 3 weeks ago, didn't feel a thing. For me an endoscopy is far worse :eeek:

2. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Wow. You were lucky :)

The first Colonoscopy I had, was done privately. They gave me some awesome sleepy gas and I was out cold.

The second time was at UCLH and there wasn't much sedative used. The camera tube got stuck, so I had to roll over, it felt like I was being stuffed like a chicken. So discomforting.

Anyhow.....probably not the best topics of conversation.......:S

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

SCAN...

'There's been a delay in your order due to unexpected volumes in our warehouse'

translation: 'we forgot about it'

possible alternate translation: 'our stock system lied but we don't want to admit to it'

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Trying to find a job in London from up north is all well and good. But when it's costing me more than a full days current wage to go to an interview it's gonna eat at me if I don't find one soon.

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Also job hunting here up north. Places are impressed with my CV but nobody is hiring. So basically a load of places just have me on file*.

*shredder

6. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Job hunting............you?

Sigh, you were just a wee lad when you joined.........

Thanks for making me feel OLDER...

7. KidMod-Southpaw

And on your 666th post too. :p

To be fair I've been looking for work on and off for the past few years anyway, but this year I really have things to aim for so I'm stepping up my game extensively. I have many targets to hit before my 18th. :D

8. Scroome

Scroome Modder

We all did.........burn them all and go nuts! :D

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Spent hours researching & searching for gears, hubs, mounting adaptors, finally worked out & found what I needed, added to cart & clicked to get a 'real time shipping quote' ( USPS Priority International, not touching UPS options with a barge pole as those barstools will charge a fortune ); $50! For a single aluminium gear & hub/adaptor that are about the size of a digestive biscuit & £1 coin roughly, weighing next to nothing.

I know insurance does add to shipping costs somewhat but that's just a piss-take amount to charge for such small/light items- servocity(.com) can suck my ballz. Back to the drawing board...

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My freaking dentist man

First i joined up went and had a inspection "you need 8 feelings", WUT only 1 tooth hurts though, (shes beautiful)

Continues to do 4 fillings in two different visits, oh btw you need your wisdom tooth out too, (it's cracked i knew)

So i phoned up this morning for a emergency appointment... "Come in at 3:10" Me Okay preparing for the worst you know removal and such... Phone call from dentist in fact come in at "2:10"... Okay i'll see you then again preparing for the worst. When i arrive... It hurts because you have a infection said this beautiful beast that regularly rips my gums/teeth apart. So I'm going to proscribe you something for the infection... because we can't remove it with that there...

An hour later another phone call from the dentist... If ben wants his wisdom tooth removed we can do it at 3:40... Wut u said we had to wait for the infection to go... now your saying lets just yolo it?

FML

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Just F*** it all. Everything was so lovely and nice. The Mrs. is just losing it at the moment. Her mother has bipolar, possibly Schizophrenia. She's been in the hospital for some time now and there are ... 'similarities' between her symptoms and the mrs.' that bother. I really do hope she doesn't go that way. Her mother left her when she was 2, I don't want that to happen with our family. I've told her to go see a doctor or a psychologist or something, but she's refusing.

My own family is stepping in to be an annoyance too. My brother is having a third child and they're giving him so much bloody attention, F***ing golden boy. I never got any kind of attention when we had any of our children, why is he so much better? Yeah, i'm jealous; our whole lives he's been in their eye and i've never been good enough. I'd love to punch him in his crooked mouth.

You're nice Kid, but people like you annoy me. You have lots of targets and usually achieve them, which is good I suppose. Everything i've wanted to achieve by any age has gone up in flames and replaced with... a shambles really. Makes me kinda jealous.

12. KidMod-Southpaw

The best I can do is try, and honestly, I only try for myself.

I've had my share of family problems but I'm simply not as vocal about them. None of us are. Probably isn't a good thing but I'm just doing what I can.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I go back to work tonight after three weeks off. Its going to kill me I know it :lol:

Good news is I will be in for 9 shifts then off again for EuroGamer.

The Mothership

14. Darkwisdom

I get that, just everything kept and still does just blow up in my face. It makes me envious of people who can just get it all right, even in the toughest conditions. Even when I try, I still fail.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

So I felt really good about this interview coming up.

5 days ago I got an email saying I was short listed for an interview and to reply if I was able to attend.

I replied, now I get an email saying I was unsuccessful.

A mistake has been made somewhere along the line, I would love to think they actually wanted me but looks like they've initially made an error and didn't have the guts to just come back and say it.

Going back to feeling unemployable.

16. KidMod-Southpaw

I feel for you man. A lot of my life is still dedicated to trying to keep the peace, per se. Which is probably why said targets have developed in to being for me, and me alone. I'll avoid whatever potential trouble there could be by not having it in the first place. For a lot of people that would be a very lonely and quite sad way of living, but it makes me happy, so whatever.

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Plans, feck em mate.

As Churchill said 'Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm'.

The enthusiasm part is the part you have to keep a hold of.

18. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Never put all your eggs in one basket, my friend.

It makes falling back to earth all the harder.

So you didn't make it this time. You're hardly unemployable.

How long have you been applying and how long out of school has it been?

19. Darkwisdom

A nice thought, but my enthusiasm for anything is waning.

I've been really trying to step it up myself, get some things done that I've been putting off etc. But it just bothers me that nothing has gone as i'd planned, it isn't even satisfactory. It's not like i'm suffering, i'm not homeless or ill or anything like that (although that goes up and down). I'm just sick of being a mediocre man with a mediocre life.

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My website got hacked :(