1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ah Sorento, stayed there quite a few years ago - a damned beautiful part of the world.

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Indeed. I really want to go again myself.

3. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Bought the box set of the 1970's series "The Water Margin"

Loving it all over again :)

4. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Took the plunge and bought a 13" Macbook Pro (2.8GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD).

My 5 year old budget notebook did very well for how long in the tooth it was getting, but it was starting to struggle with merely playing Youtube videos in HD.

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

It turns out Wigan actually had an awesome food market on today. So I bought some kangaroo steaks and springbok burgers. Can't wait to cook them!

And no, I'm not posting pictures of raw meat on a computer forum. :p

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I am sure I can speak for Cheaps here: get your meat out, man! :p

Back on topic...
    A food processor and a recipe book for my mum, a set of relatively cheap whisk(e)y tumblers, and a bottle each of these:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

[​IMG]

Jagwire Mountain Pro Shift Cables in White

[​IMG]

Jagwire Mountain Pro Hydraulic Hose in White

Re-cabled my mountain bike today, cables that came off it were rusty, sticking, had knackered ferrules - all to prevent them shifting properly. Hose was just to match as nothing technically wrong with the hose on my XTR brakes - but *BLING* Cheesecake

Also:

[​IMG]

This stuff is witchcraft in a can! Genuinely gets your chain cleaner than clean with zero effort at all :rock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because Tools

8. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I tried out some finish line one spray today on my bike. It was pretty good as it lubed and degreased.

What's the second to last tool? I have the same cutters.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

New drive shaft

[​IMG]

bloody thing was so noisy it was concealing the other shaft on the way out. :/

10. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Split link pliers

11. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Exactly that Cookie and Lance

Bought off the bay of fleas but realised last night that they are £5.99 from chain reaction (I paid retail of £6.99 with free P&P)

KMC would have you believe you need separate sets for opening and closing links whereas these do both actions and feel very well made and like they'll last well enough.

Linky

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Couple books:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canon EOS M kit:-
    [​IMG]

Also EF-M -> EF adaptor so I can use ALL my lenses with it! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Sep 2014
  13. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Imperialdramon :worried: :D

14. Mnet_Gaming

Mnet_Gaming What's a Dremel?

15. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought a second hand Canon 600D and a near mint condition Zenit-E with a near mint condition Helios 44-2 (bought it mostly for the lens, but the camera is a nice extra). Not a single scratch on the lens front or back, and its production number starts with a single 0, which apparently means that it was a pre-production model reserved for factory syndicate leaders and should be of very high quality. Quite a bargain for what I paid for it. :D

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Interested to know what you make of the M, i got one as my first modern DSLR so far im very happy but be interested to know your opinions.

Ive a Zenit E lovely bit of kit that and its case look in great condition, does everything still work? I know sometimes the light sensor gives up on them

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Bought it as a lightweight 2nd body for wandering around airshows, etc.
    My plan is to use this with the kit lens for things sitting still on the ground, and my 70D with the Sigma 50-500 for things moving around.

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Was there a few days ago, would advise anyone else going to check out the amalfi coast as well.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I was thinking of doing the same, I need a small body to take with me everywhere, as I find keeping the 60D and lenses within reach all the time really cumbersome. It's one more bag for me to bring in and out of the house every morning/night (along with a briefcase, laptop backpack and several toolboxes) and also makes me uneasy having it in the car all day.

Lance, Teacherboy, in relation to the Muc-Off chain cleaner, what would you recommend for cleaning a larger chain? Dad's old pulley block which I'm using for the GT-Four project has lay unused for years, and as a result is extremely rusty and dirty, and in need of some serious TLC.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

EOS M body is literally compact camera size, no viewfinder, full Canon hotshoe for flash, weighs almost nothing (less than the kit 18-55 lens!). Flash supplied runs on 2xAAA.

It is also currently 33% off at Argos! (Sadly, I missed Currys/PCWorld putting it on clearance for 50% off last month).

Googling shows few EF-M lenses available, which explains my buying the adaptor.

Adaptor is just in case I want to use something else on it. It contains no glass, it just converts between the 2 sizes of mount, and moves the focal plane back from the rear of the lens (EOS std=44mm, EOS M=18mm). It also has a removable tripod mount to balance the camera with a heavier lens fitted further forward.

Last edited: 11 Sep 2014