1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Looks good!

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Indeed it does.

Q. I'm no structural engineer, but isn't the amount of ivy & where it is growing ( into ) a concern? I'd be inclined to rip most of it down myself...

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Most of the main stems have been cut any way and it will have a massive die-off over the coming weeks. The boston ivy is a pain, especially having had to go up on the roof (hence the roof ladder) and peel it off by hand since I hate heights! The stems are still small enough and only interfered in one or two places out of the 58 strips of decking I put down.

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

First proper interview is tomorrow.

Spent the evening going over typical interview questions, I feel I can answer most with confidence and back up a lot of my answers in relation to academic achievement or general enthusiasm.

I'm concerned I don't have anything suitable to wear for the interview, I was always told to dress sensible but comfortable. I have smart clothes but I'm not sure how smart casual I should go.

If I go too smart I'll feel self conscious and uncomfortable (usually my discomfort shines) if I'm too casual it might give the wrong impression but I'll be extremely comfortable and probably smash the questions.

5. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Aced my interview today.. They said that they'll call back soon. Sept 30 or earlier.. Here's hoping that I get the job! :)

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Good luck fella :thumb:

Well done, it's nice to get good news posts on this forum, especially at the moment. :thumb:

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Teaching my Kitten to sit on Command. Also, Clicker training is extremely handy.

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Obviously, if your interview was today then this is a bit too late, but in my experience it's better to overdresss rather than underdress for an interview. Obviously it will depend on exactly what role you're interviewing for, but for graduate roles I'd say underdressing will give a far worse impression than overdressing.

If you find wearing a suit or whatever makes you feel awkward, just take your jacket off when you get into the interview.

9. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

Ask permission to take off your jacket ('Do you mind if I take off my jacket?'). Sounds stupid but shows respect for the interviewer and an understanding of the importance of the interview.

Definitely overdress rather than under, again shows respect.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So me being the genius i am managed to solve my problem! I moved home yesterday and found out my brother had basically moved the router into his room however this being a rather large building with slow internet, my computer couldn't pick it up from the computer room.

So i got my laptop with the cracked screen using 30% of the screen found virtual router software, made it a hotspot half way and then connected my PC to that giving me Internets on my main machine! Now I'm thinking if i setup two mobile phones doing the same thing and close the distance a little it may even go faster!

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Discovering a new favorite artist/band.

12. DeadP1xels

Although I wasn't suited and booted it was also not a graduate role.

I was rocking some shiny dress shoes, light grey (overdressed extremely smart) chino style trousers and a black V neck thin knit and white shirt combo sleeves rolled up with my black diesel watch.

I looked and felt super dabber like a business man, in all honesty I might dress like that normally :thumb:

It went absolutely fine in the end, questions went flawlessly and he mentioned how well it went.

Unfortunately they were so easy on an interview basis I can't imagine there is much to choose between, should hear this week or next.

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I know, I often dislike the idea of getting suited and booted but when it's on I often have the urge to buy a hat and cane :)

Must be the dandy gene :)

Glad the interview went well, good luck mate :)

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sorry bud, have only just seen this - glad the interview went well! :thumb:

15. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

16. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Went to watch The Kurios Cirque Du Soleil show with my brothers and sister, and it was an awesome show / experience. I would definitely go see another show in the future.

17. DeadP1xels

Graduated today, really enjoyed the day in all its definitely a highlight I will cherish

I got seated in a section of awards winners, standing at the side of the stage he announced my awards and degree and I just stood beaming, Didn't know it was going to happen but it was nice to be left to the end between graduates (no awards) and doctorates.

I loved the feeling of accomplishment, I've decided I will be applying next year for my masters I don't feel I'm finished with higher education quite yet.

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Discovering my phone line (which went straight to the exchange) has been moved onto a cabinet.
    I CAN haz fibre! :D

19. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I've manadged to get some help to install my new radio Antenna from Local Amateur Radio Enthusiasts well chuffed as a bonus I met up with an old friend I haven't seen for about 14 years

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Between lots of negative sh** happening lately, I try to find positives.
    In that light:
    My ADSL has been upgraded (as part of ongoing revamping of infrastructure by our telecom) for free. So instead of 1Meg, I now have 2Meg. Still slow compared to what you guys can get, but better's better.

Between Steven Wilson's "The Raven that Refused to Sing" and An Autumn for Crippled Children's "Only the Ocean Knows", I have all the ambient work-music I can wish for lately.