1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Oculus VR announces new prototype

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Sep 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

they shouldnt bother with including headphones. anyone who wants this will likely already have a decent headset or a good speaker setup.

personally i'm running a razer tiamat 7.1 our of a xonar phoebus and those headphones probably wont stand up with the level of immersion that could provide o.o

edit: not saying they shouldnt put focus on sound, but i'd be happier if they worked more on the software side of that and let users have their own headsets or surround sound speakers or w.e. if someone spent like 1k on a great surround sound system, or picked up a pair of astro40's they'd laugh in your face if you told them to use the headphones that are strapped to that thing xD

3. kHAn_au

kHAn_au What's a Dremel?

I know my cans wouldnt fit over the vr headset....

I can see an argument for integrating sound and sound card into the headset to reduce complexity in BOY(sound)Device. They can likely tie the head tracking into the 3D sound engine more closely to make it more real.

4. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Cans? Glasses fit fine inside the viewing area.

5. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Headphones

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

From what they have said, the headphones they are integrating will be as good as, or likely better than your Tiamats.

7. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

It is a right pain in the backside to forget in which order I've put my headphones and the Rift on.

Forever getting tangled up. I would be extremely happy with an excellent sounding in-ear solution coupled to my next Rift headset.