1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 22 Sep 2014.

1. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I just wish more so called 'Gaming' k/boards would ditch the numpad, maybe some games use it (can't think of any that I've played) but otherwise all it does is add extra length to the k/board and makes it harder to bring your hands closer together which is far more comfortable and reduces RSI, I could also do without the cursor keys as most games use W,S,D,A for navigation and I could live without the Ins, Home, End, etc, keys, which would lose another few centimetres.

Most gaming k/boards are still a compromise because the makers know most people will still use them for everything and not just gaming, they add a few extra programmable keys and some LED's and call it a gaming k/board, if makers are really serious about making a decent gaming k/board then lose the keys and give it a dedicated wi-fi connection (zero lag) so it can easily be removed when not gaming, this would all be far more useful than something that lights up like a christmas tree :rolleyes:

Last edited: 23 Sep 2014
  2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

3. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Surely that's the reason that gamepads such as Razer Orbweaver and suchlike exist? (example used purely because first name that came to mind)

4. Xploitedtitan

Xploitedtitan What's a Dremel?

Personally, I mostly play with arrow keys, numpad, the island of buttons above the arrow keys, and the first column of buttons left of the arrows, so no K65 for me, K70 it is. :)

5. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I don't like the logo, or the black finish, or the layout.

I do like the RGB and flexibility thereof, as well as the general finish of the board, especially the exposed, flush plate.

If they do a K65 equivalent in silver I might consider it regardless of the poor layout.

6. collateral

collateral What's a Dremel?

What's the reliability of the LEDs?

One of the major problems with the K70 was the LEDs failing after 1 year.

7. Xploitedtitan

Xploitedtitan What's a Dremel?

Keyboards are just out, noone can talk about reliability.

That said, LEDs used to die due ESD, and the RGB LEDs are SMD, and covered by the switch's housing, so less prone to ESD. Should be much more reliable.

8. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

^ what he said. It's mentioned in the article too, but yeah, SMD = reduced ESD = happier LEDs.

9. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Also worth knowing that the Warranty on Corsair keyboards is 2 years and we replace units with just one dead LED under warranty - no dead pixel limit here.

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Anyone noticed the new Corsair gaming logo? It looks terrible, like a tramp stamp or something lol

11. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

12. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I tried a Fang Gamepad but I couldn't get along with the small round buttons, normal size keys are much better, the Razer Orbweaver looks interesting although I'm not sure there are enough keys, using function keys for multiple profiles sounds good but it's not that intuitive in the heat of battle, I know, I'm a fussy b*****d :D

Last edited: 27 Sep 2014
  13. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I had the non-mechanical version of the orbweaver, I forget the name. Comfortable, really comfortable, but a pain to use if you're constantly switching games and so on. It switches profiles automatically when a game loads, but it does it by recognising the .exe, so if that changes (e.g. after a league of legends patch) you probably won't notice your keys aren't mapped right until the game starts and you flash on the fountain... I digress. I might consider getting an orbweaver and modding it, if I can find a cheap one.

14. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I've been watching a few Razer Orbweaver review videos and general impressions are good although the gaming software seems very buggy and a lot of people are complaining about it, the Razer has competition with the Logitech G13 game pad, the Logitech software is pretty good, (I use a Logitech k/board and mouse so I'm familiar with it) but some people think the Razer is more comfortable, as usual it's down to personal preference but unlike the reviewers most of us don't have the chance to get hands on with both pads, I might try one of these pads but really not sure which :confused:

Tags: Add Tags