1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Sims 4 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 Sep 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Nice, honest review Rick. As someone who briefly flirted with the original Sims when it came out, I can safely say that all subsequent installations have left me a bit cold.

Still, it'll sell in it millions to bored housewives and materialistic teens all over the world, and I predict that there will be 23 expansions released.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

:hehe:

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Having been out for a while already (3 weeks or so) who is this review aimed at if you wanted it you surely brought it already. Its likely already sold millions anyway.

5. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

The rest of us that haven't bought it, who are wondering what is all the fuss about?

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Just seems a little late. PA review was out for launch of the game pretty much.

7. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Links dead

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The game isn't terrible, but there's a lot of room for improvement... though I guess EA saw that as an opportunity for more excuses for DLC & expansions.

The UI and flow of the controls feels a lot nicer than Sims 3 but it's let down heavily by the existing content and gameplay features.

Definitely not worth full price.
    I was lucky enough to get it for approximately £28 with a 30% off voucher (it's around £41 for the physical case in most retailers), though that's still a little more than the existing content is worth.

I really hope that they cut out the loading screens for the local areas in the game, as it's completely unnecessary for the 3-4 houses on the street.

It appears to be working fine.

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Giving me a page not found.

I remember having a lot of fun with Sims 2 when I was younger, now that I've got Sims 2 and Sims 3 on Origin thanks to HB and EA themselves I'll be aiming to try them again, see if I get into it like I did before.

Won't be paying anywhere near full price for this even if I do decide I love the Sims though.

10. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Schwarzenegger played a T800 in Terminator. /pedant

11. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

For those saying about the dead link, the servers were migrated last night so the DNS won't have updated for everyone yet, so you'll get taken to an older version of the site where this review isn't. Try flushing your DNS? Post in the feedback forum if you still can't see today's content by tomorrow.

12. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

If you are going to be pedantic then at least be thoroughly correct... Schwarzenegger's character was a Model 101 T-800 series Terminator. :D

13. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

BT should stay away from reviewing games until they have someone who can do them.

Hardware yes, modding yes, system suggestions yes (with the proviso that you double the wattage of the recommended PSU)

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I heard Star*Dagger is one of those people who buys the Sims, downloads the nude patch and then engineers various situations giving rise to the Sims having to wash themselves and use the crapper.

All the while fapping himself sore.

Of course, it's only a rumour...

15. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Kacy Palpatine! There's still time to get her into the Star Wars that's shooting right now...

16. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

No, it's no rumour. His Mum uploaded a video she made of him at it. Didn't last long before it was taken down... on grounds of not being very entertaining.

17. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

Enjoyed the demo character maker, but not gonna drop 60 sheets on this. Ever.

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Predictable troll is predictable.

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Every post he makes is a troll, it's just as well that he doesn't use the main forum much or he'd have probably been banned years ago.

20. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

It would be good to see what the best minimum playable specs could be as Sims3 played like a dog on an old laptop my daughter was using. Is dedicated gfx a must?

Tags: Add Tags