1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress OPTERON PRIME - Supermicro 4P folding mayham - folding numbers

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 25 Jul 2013.

1. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Yes,this was exactly my plan......

Disclaimer: Wash at 60c,Dont not tumble dry,This was not my plan but its good,Do not bleach,Drip dry only.

2. y0gi

y0gi What's a Dremel?

Haha! Yeah Cheaps totally got it right. :lol:

3. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

haha thanks guys :clap:

Don't worry, there will be more Opteron Prime. First the installation and scores and then even more building ;)

Thanks y0gi :thumb:

4. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

OPTERON PRIME is finished in its current form. It has been an amazing experience to design a pedestal and arch (and interior) of a case. Basically I built a case around an existing case. I have learned a lot from it (and had a lot of cuts in my hands from it).

This was the final photo-session. I have also put a lot of new photos in the Opteron Prime folder on my Facebook page. Check them out. I didn't want to put up 75 photos in a row here.

I am going to try and also make a short video of it.

But if all goes right I will be transfering the hardware to another chassis in the future. Yes there will be a V2 of this build if I have my way. A V2 that will overcome the issues that I had with the current design. Apply what I have learned from my mistakes so to say :)

Thank you to all the sponsors who made this happen, to Django who helped me draw it all out so it could be created with machinery and thanks to Ian for always helping me out with the banners I could use in the buildlog.

A special thanks goes out to my friend Dave. Without you none of this could have happened in its current form. I owe you big time :rock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone that replied in this thread! :clap:
    Even though I mod because I like to do it, it is a great experience to post an update and read that people are following my thread and enjoying updates. :thumb:

5. -MisterX-

-MisterX- Minimodder

I love this build. It's just awesome:)

6. alain-s

alain-s Minimodder

The result is amazing Tim. Where will the case be going now ?

7. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

In my office! Muahhahaha :rock:

8. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

This is so awsome Congratz with the outcome

9. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

It looks great!! And it looks even better in real. Amazing build you got yourself there Tim, me jelly!

10. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you so much MisterX :thumb:

Thank you Alain. For now just at me at home to use for folding.

haha once bigadv ends who knows :D
    You can use a rendering beast!

Thank you very much JJH :clap:

Thanks a lot Ian, thanks for your kind words!

Phame likes this.
  11. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I love this one. My kind of modding it's big and brutal. looks absolutely brilliant.. It all just works so well... top modding dude:thumb::thumb:

12. Mockingbird

Mockingbird What's a Dremel?

Did I miss it, or have you put up any folding numbers now it's up and running?

Edit: also, it looks amazing!

Last edited: 8 Oct 2014
  13. Tungil90

Tungil90 What's a Dremel?

INSANE Rig! :)
    I love the level to detail (all the cables and stuff).
    It would be awesome to show some figures, especially temps! ;)

14. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks a lot Jeff! :clap:

Thanks M and T! I am currently very busy finetuning everything. Ubuntu is extremely new for me. I have a couple of folding friends that help me out. Yesterday I was doing a 8103 workunit and given the speed it was folding it should be doing around 700.000 PPD. But I still have not installed TPC to make the turboboost clock work 24/7. Then I will run it at 3200Mhz while right now I think it is running 2600 or 2800Mhz. The ram is working at 1866 Mhz though. But also monitoring software still needs to be installed. I am busy with it but need to work out the kinks and finetune it to work at its best.

15. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Awesome build, loving the colours I just can't help but like the green/black :)

Getting ready to set off to work but I'll come back and read the whole log later

16. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you very much for your kind words, means a lot :clap:

17. GeneralChaos

GeneralChaos What's a Dremel?

HOLY MOTHER OF MOTHERBOARD GAAWWDZ !!!

18. Laine

Laine This and that

Hukkel, my friend! How is the folding going? Great looking folding machine, it has to be the coolest one around!

19. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

haha :D

Hey Simon, the folding will start again soon due to a tiny motherboard issue.

Thanks a lot for your comment buddy. Coming from someone like you that is one enormous compliment :clap:

-------------------------------------------

Just like a few other builds on here this is also competing in the november MOTM competition on OCN. Please vote for this project if you think it is the best.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1521949/...ber-2014-sponsored-class-voting-now-live/0_20

20. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Hey everyone, I have set the system up again with a replacement motherboard.

It has been running stable for over 48 hours now folding away. I only have been getting 8102 and 8103 workunits on it. They both get about 420.000 points per unit and take about 13 hours and 35 minutes to do resulting in 750.000 ppd approx. I have only just now tried it with the psmax 1 tpc command. I will see if and how this will change the points per workunit.

Anyway this will be folding away 24/7 now on BA untill the end of the month (when BA ends). I am going to try and see how I can keep using this hardware for folding or boinc after BA ends without just using silly amounts of power / energy compared to the output it will give compared to "regular hardware".

If anyone has a good tip for me please share! I would rather keep this hardware working for the good of mankind as That has been the goal since day 1 and sponsors have given me hardware with that purpose in mind.

I will run the Cinebench benchmark as soon as my buddy Blademaster01 helps me out ^^ :thumb:

I will report back asap when I have new numbers using the psmax 1 command. I am kinda sad I don't have more time as it seems possible to overclock these retail babies as wel now using a modified BIOS. I have stocked up on heatsinks for the various chips around the sockets and since this baby is watercooled I wanted to add another radiator and see how far this baby goes before telling me I want too much from it :dremel: