1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

True that the server is running on 1.7something - that's because Mojang and Bukkit are (or were) not on friendly terms - or something like that.

Right now tho - the server seems to not be running at all - not even walking..

JR sendt a mail about the server being down.

Have not heard from XM in a while - hoping he's ok.
    - as far as I can count I think his vacation lasts to the end of this week, so maybe we'll hear from him when he's back?

2. MrsFio

XM is back - and so is the server!

See u all there :)

3. Revil0

Revil0 99% lurking

Awesome, thanks XM :thumb:

4. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Hi all! I'm back again! Was on vacation to the USA for four and a half weeks and internet was very flaky at the motels :(

I have just restarted the server again with DynMap disabled, to keep it online. It keeps having the same issue where rendering stops and the changes get queued. The queues keep growing, slowing down the server (and eventually it stops responding).

Because Mojang and (part of) the Bukkit team are still fighting and there is a DMCA-takedown in effect, I can not update Bukkit. I still do not fully understand what is going on there, but I feel Mojang is very lacking in taking appropriate action seeing they seem to 'own' Bukkit as they say themselves. What ever that means...

What it does mean is the server will stay at 1.7 for the time being. I feel I can not run the server 'safely' without Bukkit. I am keeping an eye on developments and will update as soon as I can!

5. MrsFio

Welcome back :)

Tapatalking from my own galaxy

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not really looked at Bukkit but what is it, that Bukkit does that would stop the server being ran without it?

7. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

XM would be more qualified, but I'll give it a go..

It has undo function, in case of mischiefs - it's a long time since we'd used it, the starting "World" map has probably put a damper on people that are up to no good.

It has chest/furnace-protection so people don't need to hide stuff that others want to steal.

It has spawn-protection so the spawn point is safe from creeper-blast

Don't know if the transport between world-maps is handled buy bukkit, but I suspect it has that too..

That's what I've picked up during my time on the server. But correct me on the parts that are incorrect, as I'm sure there are..

Sent fra min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk

8. Revil0

Revil0 99% lurking

To add to Jr

Bukkit is the server and the above are features added with plugins!

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not been on for ages now, as I have been playing Crazy Craft 2.0 solo and some Tekkit, love the machines.

Still need to get back in to the basic minecraft experience.

How has the server been lately is it still lagging all over the place?

10. MrsFio

I'm not able to connect to server now - will contact XM

11. MrsFio

MrsFio is playing.

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

briefly dropped in, nobody was online, will try again later ( dont want to start building in someones patch ) is there a VOIP service to chat to the other users or is it just type messages ?

also can i get a quick run down of the rules ( besides A) dont be an arse, B) dont blow anyone else's stuff up and C) no stealing other peoples stuff ( unless they say you can have it )

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

well dropped in and started building a shelter, but i kept lagging out...i died by spiders zombies, re spawning inside a wall that i couldnt get out of, spawning right next to a suicide shrub or an angry enderman...then gave up, your sever seems like a laggy mess and those few times where i spawned in the day time, and there wasnt zombies in armour immune to the daylight, it was a massive trek to find any wood that i could use to make sticks to make the first wooden tools with...

so anyone know of any DECENT populated non laggy servers ?

Last edited: 21 Oct 2014
  14. MrsFio

We have had some lag issues lately, but I don't know why.
    will send your info to admin and hear if he has any thoughts about it. The world where you first start is kinda wrecked by random beginners, but if you go a little ways from spawn it will hopefully be better ;-)

15. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Sorry to read you had such a troublesome stay on the server. Internet is acting up a little lately where the server is hosted which is out of my control. I did see minecraft was using the full 4GB of memory assigned which also causes some lag issues. I have increased allowed usage to 5GB which should help.
    Please keep in mind that this is a 'server' I paid for myself (meaning consumer hardware) and is hosted at my parents (100/100Mbit consumer internet connection). It is not comparable to a Multiplay hosted server for instance. Not by far.

The long trek you are talking about is probably caused by the fact you where in 'world' where every body starts and which is publicly accessible. I have not reset that for a while (so I don't break some ones hard work), so resources could be scarce. The trusted players all play on different worlds, where that is not an issue so much. You can get access if you stick around for a while so we know we can trust you.

16. MrsFio

The Netherlands are great for building in Minecraft, it's really ALL flat, except for the buildings.

17. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

And there's no one on the server.. :(

18. Revil0

Revil0 99% lurking

I'll be online for a while now if anyone happens to check here, of course that'll probably happen just in time to miss each other!

19. MrsFio

Not today. Will be back in the weekend I guess.

20. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

And I just missed you guys by like half a day.. lol