1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I posted that to my fb wall, and you'll be pleased to hear that my MP 'liked' it...

2. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Found this pretty demotivational earlier - just the sheer number of trash-talking easily-led sheep out there....

Not to mention the note to the school - sad times :(

Last edited: 15 Oct 2014
  3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Foul mouthed idiots are unfortunately everywhere and will target anyone they feel like and say anything they feel will have an effect.

Edit: I'm not a fan of her, but no-one deserves to be treated that way, right or wrong, honest or not.

4. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I feel the same way. I don't like her, but find that her videos do have value. She may cherry pick examples and annoy me as much as the vlog brothers, but the underlying topics she covers need to be understood so that we can be better informed of these tropes when we see them, and so we don't fall into the trap of using them ourselves in our own creative endeavors, at least not without purpose.

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I can't get behind someone & their cause when they lie blatantly, and fail to deliver on the promises they made even though they raised $$,$$$$ to do so, and sleep with journalists in order to get their story published, and get their critics banned from Twitter to silence them, and generally cry wolf constantly whenever anyone says something against them. She is nothing but trouble and does far more harm than good to the feminist cause- gaming related or otherwise.

6. d_stilgar

I would let you have your opinion on most of these points, but I will definitely stand up for her on the point of sleeping with people to get stories published. This is not happening. Not with Anita, not with Zoe Quinn. Was she sleeping with someone in the industry? Yes. Did it affect the journalism in any way? I doubt it. She makes games. It's a relatively small industry, so it's probable that she would meet and date someone who works in or near it. And it also makes sense that she would sleep with someone she was seriously dating. And it doesn't seem like a stretch that a spurned ex-boyfriend would say something stupid in a fit of being dumped, something along the lines of "she just did it to get things published."

It makes much less sense that she would have to sleep with anyone to get anything published. The games journalism industry is pretty horrible. The writing quality is bad. Ads are disguised as reviews. Editorials on products are disguised as reviews. There's no need to resort to sex to get anything published. It makes no sense, or at least far less sense than a dishonest rant from an ex to get revenge would.

On the $$,$$$ raised to produce Anita's videos, did you give her any money? If not, then who cares? Are there a lot of people who gave her money that are complaining? No? Then nobody cares. Transaction complete. Keep minding your own business like you did before.

Last edited: 16 Oct 2014
    Pliqu3011 likes this.
  7. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

I think she raises fair points in her videos, even though some are actually pretty simple/fundamental and even obvious. It's important that people point out that this stuff isn't ok if we want games to continue evolving - there is just so much potential still to be untapped.

Like anyone else she deserves to be able to voice her opinion. It's actually opened my eyes to sexism in many other walks of life and not just against women. I now keep asking myself whether a situation would be OK if the genders were different - this is a good thing!

Infact imagine the sex-related allegations if the genders were swapped - would it even be a thing?

I don't believe she's malicious or intentionally deceiving - a lot of this is generated in the ways described in the video above anyhow.

Bottom line is, nobody deserves the kind of **** she's getting for saying what she thinks....death, rape threats (and threats and bullying of any kind) are not ok. Ever.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It's nice to see that members of the US public have been taking notes from Islamic State when it comes to a woman's right to express her opinion.

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Yeah no matter what you think of her and her views, you just don't treat people like that. Quite disgusting.

10. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

[citation needed]

This.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Remember the old proverb:- "If you can't say owt nice, say nowt!"

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I sympathise with her troubles, but she does seem to have gained herself quite a lot of attention over something that is, unfortunately, not atypical for public discussion on the internet.

13. SuicideNeil

Oh I see, you think it's perfectly acceptable for one person to scam thousands of dollars from other people, but because I didn't hand over any money it's not of my concern & shouldn't have an opinion on the issue. Makes sense...:eyebrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRSaLZidWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixhr8mjy1fs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tXyqPCOCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irB8eZJFc70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF8su7GTGvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4vaZy0a18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSQbLt9DS8

Have fun- all the accusations are addressed in great detail, supported with facts ( not just unfounded opinions ), but be sure to watch each one so you don't miss anything :thumb:

Moving on from ultra-feminist socio paths who should be ignored at all costs:

[​IMG]

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

On that note, we recently had our first "Casual Friday" at work.
    One guy (who must weigh 25stone!) wore a t-shirt stating "I beat anorexia". :clap:

15. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Leg Press :D

16. d_stilgar

Where are the people who both gave her money and are also upset? Again, they gave their money of their own free will and are satisfied with what they got in return.

I'd be more understanding if you were complaining about the DoubleFine Adventure, which raised $3.3million of its $400k goal, and then delivered a product many people were upset with when they got it. Heck, I liked the game, but it's not what I hoped for and I've still only got half of it.

17. SuicideNeil

Ignorance is indeed bliss I guess- some people are too dumb to appreciate when they didn't get what they paid for ( like paying $1000 for a HDMI cable )...

18. Nexxo

That is their problem --if indeed it is a problem to them.

Dude, she's not the sociopath. The gamers who've gone all Boko Haram on her ass are sociopaths.

19. SuicideNeil

You're right, she's just a regular psychopath ...

[​IMG]

:D

I do appreciate that all the nutters who are making death threats and rape threats against her are not exactly helping themselves & only serving to bolster her negative view point on gaming and men in general, which pains me just as much if not more so than the crap she comes out with herself...

20. Nexxo

No, it's not "they're not helping themselves"; it's "their behaviour is absolutely unacceptable and totally deranged". If anything, they prove her point over and over.

This is the 80's computer geeks calling: We want our computers and our internet back.