1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Mission accomplished...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**flies away**

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I'd say the image itself was pretty fair, although perhaps not the insinuation.

Also, I'd personally encourage the use of the word 'bitching' in this context, shows that we don't confine certain traits to one gender.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

can we move on from the sexist argument ? please open a post in serious to debate it

demote of the day, i was chatting in an autism help room ( i have High Functioning autism ) and some girl comes in claiming the government's gave us all autism in our vaccines as kids to create a more 'passive society'

also
    [​IMG]

it looks such a bad idea...but i REALLY want one

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Sounds like she needed a different kind of help room. :D

5. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

So what is the cause of autism?

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

We don't know. Best guess is that it is a neurodevelopmental condition, and shares many neurological factors with ADHD, other higher-order cognitive deficits and possibly even vulnerability to psychosis. But it's caused neither by vaccines, nor by 'frigid' mothers.

7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Interestingly, I saw a study in which there was a 300% increase in reported cases of autism in areas in which neonicotinoid pesticides were sprayed. Just another reason to stop all use of them completely.

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

We've always wondered if our sons autism was caused by the fact my wife and son were left unattended for 6 hours + after the birth which resulted in my sons blood sugar dropping and a one week stay in ITU.

As for autism making people passive, well he is high fuctioning and an absolutely lovely lad but he certainly has his non passive moments :)

9. Nexxo

Critically low blood sugar can certainly cause neurological damage, but a baby's brain is incredibly flexible and can recover from even severe injury. It triples in size in its first year alone.

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

aww and we were so close to getting the thread back on track.

[​IMG]

Here's a naked dude and a gorilla on a motorbike or something.

11. SuicideNeil

I have/had a friend from the r/c forums whose daughter developed autism, he seemed to believe it was related to the very outdated vaccinations they used in Brazil up until fairly recently- I forget the name of it but it contained mercury ( I think ), and a few other rather nasty things you wouldn't normally want injecting into a child's body. I can certainly see that being one possible cause, nothing like toxic chemicals in the bloodstream and entering the brain to cause neurological damage...

12. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

13. SuicideNeil

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8651&highlight=autism

Lead & Mercury, contained in Thimerosal which is a preservative for vaccines; it was just a booster shoot given at 1 year old and it contained 50% Mercury- no conspiracy needed as you just know that's not going to end well in many cases. As my friend said in that thread, his daughter was perfectly normal and starting to talk, then after the vaccine she suddenly goes down hill and is diagnosed with autism out of nowhere pretty much ( nothing to do with MMR- I don't believe the links between MMR & autism either ).

As it happens, it was banned in many places- as per the FDA link within that thread above ( post 5 ):

Parts highlighted by me for emphasis.

Like I say, I totally agree about MMR being perfectly safe with no proven links to autism, but this is something very different.

14. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

first off, she didn't develop autism after the inoculation, her symptoms were noticed and diagnosed AFTER the inoculation. had she not been inoculated it would have been still picked up.

there is NO mechanism that can be demonstrated to cause autism after birth. what happens is that the age that they start receiving a number of vaccines is around the same time that the first anomalous behaviours are picked up on.

while there isnt a definite cause of autism, genetics and epigenetics are a strong factor, (with environmental factors having a definite impact on epigenetics). there is no method for the minute quantity of mercury to have such a drastic effect on the neural structure (remember from what you said mercury* is neurotoxic, so it kills cells, not rewires them all)
    *little bit more on mercury in moment

also, the anti-vaxers like to make out there is an autism epidemic. but there isnt. this graph is interesting in the correlations between decrease in diagnosis of mental retardation and increase of autism diagnosis. which makes sense if you think about a general increase in medical knowledge and medical practitioners being more aware of these conditions

[​IMG]
    link (I admit this lacks references, however I cant be arsed to look up papers now)

lets look at the FDA website directly.

also included in there is an explanation of why its needed > because there were cases of contamination with bacteria causing death in those inoculated. its addition kills off a broad range of pathogens.

moreover, this is an organic form of mercury, which is more easily excreted than the non-organic forms (such as methylmercury which is HIGHLY toxic). also looking at the quantities given, if you assume a 0.5ml vaccination that means its a 50 µg dose of mercury. the LD50 (the does at which 50% subjects die) in rats is 75mg/kg (or 75000 µg/kg)

now if we assume that this first innoculation is at 1month, then using the lowest 0.4% population weight, a girl would be 3kg

therefore basic maths 50 / 3 = 16.7 µg/kg or 4500 times lower than the LD50 (in rats)

and this is assuming that they'd give as large a dose to a 1mo.

not going to spend more than the 20min to write this, but most important messages to realise "correlation does not equal causation" and that people look for something to blame > and vaccines are something thats a nice clear point to focus on especially when it occurs a similar timeframe as the diagnosis

wolfticket and r4tch3t like this.
  15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Derailed thread is derailed.

I'm ignoring anything in this thread that is even remotely serious, it has no place here.

16. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

+1

i was hoping we would have a brief lol at the misguided poor sod, instead now were having a serious discussion about it >_<

SuicideNeil likes this.
  17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

18. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Still not the serious discussion thread so please stop. Take all that boring ******** elsewhere. It's not like this forum doesn't actually have somewhere for you to be boring.

[​IMG]

19. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

This is seriously demotivational to me, that people are willing to let unscientific bs be continually paraded around (potentially with disastrous effects on the children (and possibly even entire population) because they're not vaccinated)

And people don't want to discuss it because its "boring".

Fine if a mod wants to take posts elsewhere, but strictly speaking it deserves to be in the demotivation page on basis that the lack of scientific understanding is just shocking.

20. Nexxo

Indeed. Bad ideas need to be challenged, no matter where they appear.