1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

I believe the Australian Vee-Two Ducati's use roots superchargers?

Centrifugal supercharger, seem to be the new vogue for car engines, electrical superchargers, that is.

2. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Any daring bikers commuting this winter?

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I have a 35 minute walk to and from lectures every day (uphill both ways etc), I'd kill to commuting by bike lol. :D

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I honestly prefer walking now that I can (15 minutes each way). The salt corrosion was just unreal back when I commuted by bike, I couldn't stand to see that happen now that I've got a bike I really like.

Had a courtesy bike this weekend, a Worx Chinese copy of an ER6n that was somehow much better (more comfy, smoother, more fun) than the actual ER6n. Go figure.

Although after two three-hour motorway treks on it, I marvelled that anybody ever bothers getting naked bikes. So much neck pain. My next bike might be a sports tourer or an adventure bike, I want a nice accomodating windscreen.

5. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Yup, still commuting 20 mins each way on the SV1000... already done about 5 wheelspins in the wet... taking a long time to get used to the torque. First driving lesson this weekend though, so maybe by the end of the winter I'll be able to get a car, haha.

My bike has corroded more in the last 6 months than the last 11 years from being kept outside, makes me sad :( At least it has a garage now.

Other reason I want to get a car is so I can give my bike some proper love instead of just quick washes because I know it's going to get filthy again in about 2 days...

Ending Credits, do you live at the bottom of some penrose steps or something? How can it be uphill both ways...

6. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Do you guys use any acf-50 or similar products to coat your bike for winter?

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Although the hills round here are pretty bad.

8. boiled_elephant

I did on my previous one, but the current bike will probably just stay under a cover until spring - fair weather biking from here on out for me, after watching my last bike turn to rust. I ACF'd it, but I discovered the stuff too late. The damage was done.

To ACF's credit the rust didn't get any worse in those final two years :lol: It really is magical stuff.

9. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

You can still use the stuff on fair weather riding, brings out all the colors! Also it allows dirt to stick to it so all you have to do is a quick wash then re apply :p

10. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Well I start a new job tomorrow at J&S Accessories. I finally have an excuse when I don't stop talking motorcycles!

11. boiled_elephant

We shall patiently await our complimentary gift vouchers this christmas, then. Congrats on the job.

My bike's been out of action for two months now after a theft and recovery. The previous 3 weeks have simply been waiting for one part to arrive so they can finish the repairs (insurance claim covered it); I can't work out whether it's the garage's fault for not chasing it up more diligently or the supplier's fault for not taking action when the part has clearly been lost in the post. Not sure who to harass now.

12. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

I can't promise anything, but if you promise not to harass me I'll buy you a meal in BK.

13. Xir

Xir Modder

It's not an Aprilia then as they can't shift a part in under 6 Months (if at all) :D

14. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Just met TheDodoKiller...must steal his bike, sounds mint!

15. boiled_elephant

Sigh, all the cool kids live in London. But at least I have clean air up here, that's worth more than community spirit! Right?

16. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

Haha! Thanks. De-cat's do that. I'm guessing you heard me nail it down Eastern Avenue then :D

17. RTT

RTT #parp

[​IMG]

So ugly :(

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Personally I think it's a bit cluttered, but otherwise quite a nice design.

19. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

I personally think it looks good; proper racebike for the road type thing with the headlights looking like an afterthought.

20. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

I really like it, not as good as my cb1-400 but looks nearly as fast.