1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marketplace sold item problem

Discussion in 'Serious' started by phinix, 3 Nov 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Sounds like a good idea to me. Failing that Margo also offered to have a go at fixing it a few posts back:

2. spazmochad

spazmochad Minimodder

Well a missing resistor certainly explains a lot! SMD heatgun with a fine tip would be my weapon of choice :)
    RAM was all good when I tested it in the Shuttle I brought up, what's the deal with it now? Stopping things booting now or memtest faults?
    Lots of Rep for everyone involved in tracing the fault down to the individual resistor, above and beyond as always.

3. oscy

oscy Modder

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Photo isn't perfect, made with phone, but you can see on this crop there is that capacitor or resistor or something. I made it to have a photo of the model I was selling so not a full mobo etc. Never thought I ill really need it.

I hope that helps.

[​IMG]

5. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

So do I have approval from all those involved to see about getting it fixed? Way I see it.. Is its already broken... Can't get any worse. Oscy now has a working machine as well :)

6. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Hi phinix, for transparency can we see the pic without being cropped?

7. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I give you my aproval, but Oscar needs to give his, it's his mobo after all. It is broken, so I guess would be great if it could be fixed by replacing that little thingy.

Yes, sure, here it is. This is a photo I left on my phone, just a bit that shows all the model's descriptions on PCB around cpu socket. I do not have photo of the full motherboard or one installed in pc at the moment of taking it out to be sold. I never thought I will need one. I know one thing, from now on I will be making photos of the full setup, including short movie showing it working before I sell anything on forum...

[​IMG]

8. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

I can confirm its the same bios battery as well

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Could you please confirm that number that is on the port on the left on that wee label, I don't know if it's something that is unique, but at least can say that it's the same mobo.
    Unfortunately I do not have any other recent photo that would show serial number on the bottom of the mobo or mobo installed in pc running on the screen.

I guess, next step would be trying to fix it so Oscar, who already got new mobo, could sell this one to get his money back. If he agrees of course.

10. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

If you have a look at my dianosis I've left a Google drive link... Should have some hi def pics... I'd check but out for dinner with my lady again to treat outselves!!

11. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Ooops, not disturbing then! Have fun!:thumb:

12. oscy

oscy Modder

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The picture posted by Phinix clearly shows the board outside of a case; you can see the surface it's sat on through the mounting holes, which have no screws in them. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't take photos of motherboards that I'm about to install - but I *do* take photos of motherboards I'm about to sell.

If Phinix says that the photo was taken after the board was removed from the case and before it was packed up for shipping, and that he didn't reinstall it anywhere or otherwise **** it with a screwdriver in the interim, then I believe him. A timestamp here would prove nothing; I can present you with a JPEG image that has EXIF information claiming it was captured from the top of Everest a week next Tuesday very, very easily.

What seems the more likely scenario: Phinix removes a working motherboard from a case, takes a photo of it to sell, reinstalls it in the case, removes it from the case again causing damage to the resistor, packs it up and ships it; or Phinix removes a working motherboard from a case, takes a photo of it to sell, packs it up and ships it?

14. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

That's also a fair response. Could someone confirm the exif data and a date the transaction took place. We can then definitively lay this to rest.

15. oscy

oscy Modder

I edited/deleted my post to avoid drama when I saw that the screws weren't in, unfortunately I was too late.

I'm not saying he's expected to provide enough evidence that holds up in the supreme court, but to answer your question: I think it's within the realms of reasonable possibility and logic that pictures were taken and put up with a sale thread before then testing some of the items to check they're still fine, or that a final test was made before posting. Saying everyone or anyone takes photos after testing everything is an assumption after all.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    That's the data on Phinix's uploaded picture, for what it's worth. 15th of October, half-six in the evening. Like I say, it's easy to fake - but that's what the file says.

17. oscy

oscy Modder

Do you mean this is the picture you used on your sale thread?

18. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Right... I'm not sure what you meant by this operator, but looks like you edited your post or something, so I'm replying to the post Gareth captured.

As I said before - I don't have a photo or movie showing this mobo inside pc and some stuff on screen. I only have that little photo of a bit that describes the mobo model I put on sale.

I will say it only one more time - motherboard was in 100% working order when I was selling it. I never had any kind of issue with it, it worked with different CPUs, different GPUs - on board and added. I never damaged motherboard in my over 20 years of experience with PCs (I burnt one PSU when I was 14, I admit;)) I have not damaged this motherboard. I would never sell a damaged item here or anyway else. Period.

Anyway - it is clear now and proofed by Shuttlemodder, that the mobo was physically damaged, now other members of our forum are offering you to fix it. Are you ok with this? I would suggest to take this offer and get it fixed. I know you already have new mobo, but fixing this you can get your money back.

19. oscy

oscy Modder

I edited the post specifically because I was correcting an error and to avoid you wasting effort replying to a non-post, you don't need to respond, that's the whole point. So I'm going to leave this.

Instead, could you reply to my post where I did quote you? Just to understand what you meant:

Do you mean this is the picture you used on your sale thread?

20. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

No. I never put a photo of the mobo on the for sale thread.
    Ask moderators, they can check all previous versions of that post.

I can confirm Oscar paid me on 14th of October. I'm pretty sure I sent it to him via Hermes few days after. I do not know when he received it, courier doesn't confirm this. It supposed to be 3-5 days after postage. I ordered courier on 15th and paid for it and took it to local drop-off place.

EDIT:
    here is a screenshot of the parcel2 go site. Two deliveries were made to Oscar. First is mobo, second is fans.
    It shows booked date, just for a record. I do not know when was it actually picked up and delivered.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Nov 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.