1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Far Cry 4 pirates outed by FoV patch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Nov 2014.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Exactly.

Poor excuse for a day 1 patch on a port that is missing a critical feature.

2. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

ubisoft games would be OK if they weren't so damn buggy / broken, I say fair play to anyone who wants to trial their half finished tat with pirated copies rather than give £30/£40/£50 to Ubisoft upfront only to be severely disappointed - Watch Dogs was an absolute joke - besides from being a boring game (though I found plenty challenging but not mega fun) it brought systems far better than my own crashing to their knees with the frame rate spikes - did it ever get any better btw?

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

ooooh apparently the game save is broken (mainly PS4 version but others as well likely!!)

2 games , 2 broken launches!

4. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Ubisoft initially said the problems with AC Unity was a AMD-Nvidea issue (not correct) but there really can't be any valid excuses when it comes to a broken save system on a console like the PS4 cause they are all the same spec :duh:
    Awaiting an excuse that some how tries to blame the customer and the console rather than the continued poor quality of these games :wallbash:

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

PS3 not 4 version - my bad

6. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Even less excuse for a save problem, the PS3 has been around since 2006, you would think they could code a game for it by now wouldn't you? :confused:

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Everyone who didn't register an extra account with ubisoft, which will be a very large portion of players if there is any way to skip the account creation.

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Nope, I'm not buying that, sorry. :)

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'd skip straight over logging in or account creation if it's doable. Why would I need a ubisoft account to play a game offline? It does my head in that even the most innocuous of games/apps needs an account, or even worse linking to facebook these days.

If creating an account is a prerequisite to playing though, I'm not buying the "what about the two users on the planet that have this game and no internet connectivity" argument.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The way I understood the last part of the story it does appear an ubisoft acc is not required to play but is required to get the patch.

No first hand experience to confirm it though, too many unplayed games in my steam library.

11. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Can you find any complaints from anyone that:

A) has an internet connection,
    B) bought the physical game disk
    and
    C) started playing without first creating the appropriate uplay account?

I've had a scan through the official FC4 tech support forum and I couldn't find any.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2014
  12. dillingerdan

dillingerdan What's a Dremel?

Well the site requests a Uplay account to log in to get support. Or facebook. :sigh: :wallbash:

13. dillingerdan

dillingerdan What's a Dremel?

That argument might not be totally sound but we have the luxury of decent internet connections where downloading huge day 1 patches might not take a long time. Australia has knocked down bills to widely implement fibre in what is a vast country. Long spans of copper does not a good internet make, and this game is released there...

14. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

@Yadda
    No, I can't.

I was simply basing my assumption that it can be played without going through ubisoft registration on below:

Quote from here.

However from I've seen on the steam community site (in the threads where people are complaining about Far Cry 4 not being available on steam UK) that allegedly the game can't be played without an ubi account, so maybe bit-tech was wrong and a legit copy can't be played without an ubi account.

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Fair enough but I haven't seen any such complaints anywhere. Besides, if the issue is widespread, I'd expect at least a few people to sign up to the official forums and complain. Even if none of them have Facebook, which seems unlikely, creating a Uplay account solely for the purpose of joining the forum looks straightforward enough.

I honestly don't think this issue is as big as people think it is (or want it to be?). From my understanding, the only people affected are those with no internet access whatsoever (a tiny minority) and those who have tip-e-toed the game from da torrentz or wherever.

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yes, I saw that too. I wonder if perhaps physical copies of the game are playable (but not updateable, of course) without Uplay, as Gareth says, and the Steam community's outrage is because they need Uplay for the updates, even though their game was delivered through Steam? It's the only way I can make sense of it.

Anyway, whatever the case, if there is an issue affecting folk with an internet connection and a legitimate physical copy of the game, who initially started playing without creating a Uplay account, and this is somehow irreversible, then I'd expect to see a great deal of complaints somewhere, but I can't find a single one.

Edit: Christ, I hope that makes sense. *beer-face* :D

Last edited: 22 Nov 2014
  17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, it does make sense.

18. Troglodyte

Troglodyte What's a Dremel?

Hmm,is Ubisoft the most hated game dev ? lol . See what happens when you throw snowballs Gareth ?! lol

19. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Good for Ubisoft. Years ago all my games were pirated so I'm no angel, but everything I have now is all paid for through steam etc. I value PC gaming too much and if the pirates take the p**s and developers abandon the PC platform then we are screwed.

20. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

I got the game via a graphics card purchase, but it won't even boot.

Apparently I have to disconnect all my USB devices before it'll boot - going to make the game a little difficult to play I expect.

-->

How to Fix Far Cry 4 Crashes, Errors, Black screen, No audio, Mouse acceleration, Not responding, FC64 DLL
    1. Black screen when launching Far Cry 4

Disable HID devices that have no effect on your peripherals as well as HID-compliant game controller. You can do this via device manager in the Human Interface Devices (HID) section.

If this doesn't fix it alone, proceed to unplug other gaming devices such as steering wheels and pedals.

Still unfixed? Try moving your game controller USB into another