1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I heard bad think about SP and never planed to buy, then i got for free by doing monthly mission (it was very easy)

Now this is my stat from 170 battles, and i do enjoy this tank :D

[​IMG]

from my opinion

Pros:
    - Special MM, so no tier 10s
    - Very good frontal armor, there are some weak spots but lots of people still don't know this and also it takes time to aim those weak spot so you get huge advantage when playing peak-a-boo
    - It really makes good money, with a bit over 1k damage you can easily profit around 45k
    - With good damage you can earn good amout of xp which is good for crew train

Cons:
    - Low pen gun, but from my opinion its still easy to make it work
    - must need gold ammo for IS3, 110, E75 and some other tier 9 heavies
    - Speed, its very slow, tier 8 heavies are even faster

2. Mumbie

Mumbie What's a Dremel?

Yeah it makes me smile when i leave an SP behind with my KV4. :D

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I love crushing SP's with my JPII (with top gun), they trundle (veeeerrryyy slowly) towards me thinking they are invulnerable whilst I take 500 dmg off them every 9 seconds with one of the most accurate guns in the game.

Then they cry "cheater"...

:D:D:D

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

That baffles me how the JP reload is quicker than the Ferdinand. Both internally are about the same size, its either a paper panzer buff or some cunning feng shui in the casemate to get the internal layout more comfortable for the loaders. Still, least ive more armour!

5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

With a level playing field with the 12.8 cm Pak 44 L/55, the JPII has a very slight reload advantage over the Ferdinand (I think 11.7 seconds vs. 12 seconds). However, I have over 3k games in the JPII with my crew at around 85% on their 5th skill level. Coupled with the rammer makes a much shorter reload time of around 9 seconds.

6. legoman

Hence more calls of hacking, makes sense though better crews will be faster, ill remember to avoid your JPII if i see it!

7. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Yeah, BIA and rammer make a big difference, next skill for the commander will be mentor so it could drop slightly more.

Oh, and I just double checked, it isn't 9 seconds, it is currently 9.87 seconds so not as quick as I thought.

I tend to get High Calibre every three or so games on a good day.

8. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

.... + Vents + Food ?

Sure it will get close to 9 sec then :D

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

It would but I find camo & binocs more useful. I get 410 view range moving and 512 (theoretical) stationary which means, with the camo, that with careful positioning I can hit anything within the maximum render distance of the game with little change of being spotted. This more than accounts for the majority of the dmg I do in a match.

10. legoman

Id agree those perks are more useful for a TD and arty for that matter. much of the bonus from the perks you can get from BIA and 100% crew. They are planning to nerf some of the tanks view range in an upcoming patch i think its been posponed from 9.5.

Perfect example of how a good view range can win a game. Took the Lol tractor out which id groomed for the old 7V7 format so camo net, camo, binocs crew trained in camo and vents. I can sit in most maps and get a scout award and usually nab confed or ace tanker purefuly on how far the tank can spot.

Finally upgraded my T25/2 last night to the higher pen 90mm gun. Makes a big difference in a teir 9 game i came thrid on damage by sitting hull down and shelling anything that moved. Quite a mobile little thing that suprised me too.

11. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Anyone try War Thunder tank battles?
    I couldn't get into WoT for some reason...

12. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I never tried coz game-play looks so boring to me

13. Mumbie

Mumbie What's a Dremel?

Well i tried war thunder, it looks better a bit maybe runs smoother too, but dieing in 1 shot is so stupid (yeah i hate all arty players too). And the respawn system is just not for my taste.
    1 week and i will buy Comet, A44 and the Chito. Any opinions about these? I hope i will like the a44, the 107mm was always one of my favourite gun in this tier (right after the long 88).

14. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Two new tanks to the collection today, Chinese T34 and Stug III G. Completed the daily challenge too. Should manage to unlock the KV1 tomorrow.

15. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Comet : a very good medium tank but completely different play style than Cromwell, if you try play it like Cromwell (I did in 1st couple of games) you will hate it

A44: I have no experience with A44 yet

Chi To: not a great tank,its just OK, but Chi-Ri is utter garbage. Tier 8 is where joy starts in jap line

Type T34: i liked this one bcoz of its fast firing gun, nice tank.

Stug III & KV1 : both are keeper tank and I still have in my garage

----------------------------------------------

Any one going for OP BT-SV ?

btw saying OP I mean Over Priced !!! :D

I would go for it if its £49 as I need some golds but £79 is way too much

16. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Been well over a month since I played WoT until this weekend, had a few hours playing with a mate and while he was able to make excellent use of the E75, I much now prefer the Centi 7/1. Compared to the other mediums it is big and slow - but the excellent gun depression, Royal Ordinance gun, view range and surge power on the engine make it a joy to play.

I don't know if I can go back to tier 8-10 German heavies now I have been exposed to decent high tier mediums.

On the subject of WoT vs War Thunder Ground Forces, initially I though that WTGF would be better in every way and while I really like many aspect of WTGF, like no health bars, more realistic damage models, no direct arty, much bigger maps etc I do find the pace of the game is a bit too slow. The match maker is also slow and the the battle rating system of the vehicles seems a good idea, but because of the overall volume of players is low, I keep getting tossed into games vs Tigers, Panthers and JG Panzer/Panthers. Unlike WoT, all 3 of those vehicles in WTGF are deadly, owing to historical accuracy of the high velocity guns I guess.

17. Mumbie

Mumbie What's a Dremel?

I thought Chi to wont be any better than the previous ones, actually i don't know why started bothering with jap tree. They are all bad and made from paper. From t8 at least they get gun instead of those peashooters.

18. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

True. Though I find tier4 jap light is fun to play :)

19. legoman

Im sure there an origamijoke in there somewhere, on the cusp of getting the 59-16 or what ever it is the tiny version of the T59 which should be good got used to darting about like a goon using the AMX12 so this should play similarly

20. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

So KV-1 gun choice. 85mm or 122mm.

85mm has better pen and rof but 122mm has derp.