1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Black Friday sales.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 27 Nov 2014.

1. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I'll be celebrating Black Friday with a few pints of Guinness later on. :)

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Better than fighting outside shops, as has been happening in many places today as the shops open.

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

My thoughts exactly. :thumb:

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Surely it's just about a cheap bandwagon for shopping hype. It's got a name, it's got a date, it's got a clear concept - it's easy marketing. If you're in retail I think you'd be daft to ignore it.

Trouble is, I heard that once you try black, you never go back. Or was that for something else?

What bugs me is how even the BBC is doing its bit to establish 'Black Friday' in UK culture, reporting exaggerated versions of 'the madness' 'all over the country' in its news bulletins. The BBC is such a commercial enterprise nowadays. It needs officially privatising asap to get rid of it's false aura of objective, unbiased content.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I wanted to order a bath mat from Tesco direct to pick up in store, can't even get onto the site.

It's not a black Friday item or anything, I wonder how much trade they are losing from people who actually want to buy regular stuff.

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I thought that it made you go deaf?

/familyguyreference

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Website queues are purely there to whip you into a Frenzy and get you in store as you don't want to miss out, it works for a lot of people, it always does, similar to when companies limit stock on latest tech/toys etc, it generates a buzz, tell some one they can't get something they want, they try harder to get it so as not to miss out.

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

All this "Black Friday" stuff is a joke!

Up to now I have nearly 100 emails saying "Black Friday Sale Now On Great Savings Click Here" only to go and look and find on average there is about £5 off unless you are looking to spend nearly £1k on stuff, and then there might be around £100 off.

I actually need to get on to Tesco Direct and Littlewoods but cannot get on to either site but I am now looking at other places to get the stuff from, and at the moment I think the other sites are about the same price or slightly more expensive but at least I will be able to order them.

Specialtech apparently bumped the prices up on stuff within the last two weeks slowly so now they are on "Sale" but they are apparently at the same price you could buy the stuff for 2 weeks ago.

Either way I will be glad when Monday rolls around and I can stop hearing about this crap.

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Just seen the chaos in some stores on the news.

Poor folk battering each other for things they don't need. It's a bit like "The Running Man" film, I'm surprised it's not televised live.

10. Scroome

Scroome Modder

*Sits back and twiddles fingers

Good.....gooooood.....It's all going to plan. The sheep are getting sheepier...

Porkins' Wingman likes this.
  11. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

[​IMG]

12. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I got the lady a citizen watch for I think 90 quid, down from 229 - all from the comfort of my office chair ;) I'm happy with that considering it's pretty similar to the one I was going to get her for christmas but loads cheaper! means there is more money for GHDs or something :S

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I got a pebble for £75 - £15 off, a soundbar for my parents that was £60 off, and a some Sennheiser headphones for a tenner off – saved £85 or so – cannot complain!

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

A girl I work with sat in an online queue for 30 minutes to buy a pair of GHDs for £110.

All Black Friday means to me is one day away from another Sunday so I can sleep all day and not be rushed off my feet. Of the few things I don't like about Christmas, over-commercialization of the holiday is the biggest one. IMHO this day is one cause of that.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Got the Bond BR box set for 50 instead of 90 from Amazon.

16. kaxliysi

kaxliysi What's a Dremel?

17. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Not impressed with Specialtech. The rad I was going to get was £95 yesterday, now it's £109 and no discount. Unusual interpretation of 'Massive Discount'.

18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

They'll prob drop it back down to £95 and yell discount for cyber monday:D

On another note, while amazon is loudly banging on about non savings on various junk, they silently dropped the price of the Asus MX299Q Monitor by £50 since I bought it a couple months ago and they don't even mention it.

19. jebk

jebk What's a Dremel?

You know you have to put in a code to get the discount? and it knocks 50% off,

20. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

No, it doesn't.